Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's full of tit. Delia Smith did a programme and book called how to cheat at cooking using tins and pre-prepared stuff in 2008. I hate Jamie Oliver and would never watch his stuff, but if you forced me to choose between watching Jack or Jamie, I would choose the mockney bleep over her every time

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
During every recession there's been a handful of budget cooking shows. Sit down jack and stop being a brat.

Reactions: 11
No, she’s in Essex. Southend environs. Her partner, Mrs. B as she calls her is Louisa Compton who is something at Channel 4. She’s on Twitter too.
Calling her partner "Mrs J" makes me feel a bit 🤢 it's like she is saying she owns her? She has a name, her own name. Use it?
She’s so entitled!! I couldn’t work out who she was referring to but all of her followers have piled on and are now slagging off jamie Oliver in the comments. I don’t particularly care for Jamie Oliver but seems really spiteful of her to do this
"Her thing"?? Dear God, did she invent tinned food? Pretty sure people did this kind of thing during rationing Jack. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe she should think about the reasons she gets passed over for TV work (she's crap at it) and look at the way she presents herself on social media. I certainly wouldn't want to employ someone like that, she's got no idea how to act professionally so why would anyone hire her as a professional?

Reactions: 10
During every recession there's been a handful of budget cooking shows. Sit down jack and stop being a brat.
If I recall correctly, her ex missis Allegra McEvedy did one called Economy Gastronomy, that was very good.
Jack is so bleeping entitled and full of herself.

Reactions: 10
2008 Telegraph article on how Nigella is a fan of canned goods including fruit for puddings.
Delia Smith's cheating at cooking book. Published way before Jack was ever relevant.

Sorry Jack, we know you didn't invent the tin, love

Reactions: 14
2008 Telegraph article on how Nigella is a fan of canned goods including fruit for puddings.
Delia Smith's cheating at cooking book. Published way before Jack was ever relevant.

Sorry Jack, we know you didn't invent the tin, love
I love old cookbooks and used to collect them, Katherine Whitehorn’s Cooking in a Bedsitter is interesting. I have an old copy of Delia Smith’s Book of Cakes and a book written by vegetarian George Bernard Shaw’s housekeeper.

Reactions: 7
What’s the reference to jollof rice please?
Jamie Oliver had a big controversy a year or two ago when he published a jollof rice recipe, heavily personally adapted. He was accused of cultural appropriation, taking a Afro-Caribbean staple dish, changing it and profiting from that as if he had come up with it himself without any recognition of it’s importance in the community it comes from.

Reactions: 2
Ooh that was a proper temper tantrum!

Isn’t her fiancé at Channel 4? Is the “big channel” in question Channel 4, and was she hoping to benefit from a teeny bit of nepotism?

Reactions: 2
Jamie Oliver had a big controversy a year or two ago when he published a jollof rice recipe, heavily personally adapted. He was accused of cultural appropriation, taking a Afro-Caribbean staple dish, changing it and profiting from that as if he had come up with it himself without any recognition of it’s importance in the community it comes from.
So she basically named and shamed him anyway by mentioning that!!
I imagine the tweets were hastily deleted after an angry phone call from her agent to demand what the duck she was doing 😂

It’s really quite spiteful to do this in all seriousness and I’m not even a huge fan of Jamie Oliver. All her Twitter followers have piled on as well. I expect Jamie Oliver is mortified

• Haha
It comes down to someone unqualified and without the skillset not getting a job on a topic that they've self appointed themselves as an expert in.

Well that wasn't quite as concise as I was aiming for 😆

She's delusional in both her own ability and thinking that she pioneered cooking with basic ingredients.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aye, she can't even get the dish correct - Jamie Oliver made a boo-boo calling it jerk rice a la spices from jerk chicken. Nowt to do with jollof which hails from west African nations.

Reactions: 9
Ah, ok, thanks. Her victim thing has been flourishing for a while, then.
People also do that thing when slagging someone off on twitter of not putting their targets name in the tweet so it won’t show up in a search. Sometimes makes sense to not give them more publicity, in this case just seemed cowardly.

Reactions: 3
She’s so tit for posting inflammatory tweets, openly targeting Jamie Oliver, knowing how it would rile up her followers. They all start dogpiling, she deletes her tweets and goes quiet.

I don’t think she regretted posting those tweets, I think she knows exactly what she’s doing. It’s crafty.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Her followers are calling him a wanker, saying he's unethical, without morals, disrespectful, jack was robbed by him and stole her job because he has a penis. 🙄

Its pathetic and she's clearly trying to get him sacked.

PSX_20200319_204554.jpg

Why should he? She's so hungry for attention.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
You can tell she absolutely thrives off all her followers tweeting her nice things and pandering to her. Absolute victim complex. I actually feel a bit sorry for Jamie Oliver (never thought I’d say this!) he’s just accepted a job and probably had no idea she even wanted it and now he’s getting called a wanker and all sorts on twitter.

Reactions: 18
She's willing to work alongside him? :sneaky: The utter gonads on her, this isn't the signing of a peace treaty.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.