Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Jolene Jackie

Your beauty is beyond compare
With blondey locks of nylon hair
Your Greek skin and those eyes of shamrock green.
Your smile comes with disclaimers on
So as not to harm your Patreon
The biggest grifter I have ever seen.

We talk about you in our dreams
Of fishnet tights and custard creams
But you're not quite what you seem to us our Jackie.
And one idea we won't purloin
Lasagne from a horse's groin
But you don't know what you mean to us our Jackie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

IndigoStar

Chatty Member
Good morning!

As requested, here's the rewritten lyrics for Creep. I'm so sorry Thom, but it had to be done.

CREEP
When you were here before
Couldn’t cook you shepherd’s pie
You said you were vegan
The mince made you cry
You liked my peach curry
But it gave you wind
I think I'm so special
Waitrose veg is on special

But I’m a twat
I’m on Twitter
What the hell are these unwashed beans?
I am NOT A CHEF

I don’t care if it’s Bosch
I wanna have a Smeg
I want Cotswold sideboards
I want Nigella to hold
I want you to notice
My Patreon account
I’m so fuckin’ special
Send dosh to my paypal

But I'm a creep
With unruly labia
Send the trolls to fight my wars
I wish I was hausfrau, ohhhh, ohhhh

Now fuck off….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Pocahontas

VIP Member
O frabious day! Callooh, Callay! The Jackerwocky has delivered. I wrote a thing and it got nominated for a thread title by @TriviaNewtonJohn thanks babe. I have now completed Tattle. Thankyou and fuck off.

Recap of thread #61

🎵Jack’s greatest love of alllll ... is Twi- i- tter 🎶

She’s back with an avalanche, nay, a literal monsoon of tweets. You could say, the rains came.

She’s joined Foodim, a social networking app on which users share their love for both food and photography. Her contributions so far are yet to convince of either.

We’ve seen a candid photo of days-gone-by Jack wearing a pair of ill-fitting fishnets and fuck-me pumps, and another natural shot of her being a ‘miserable cantankerous prick in a hammock’ complete with sparkly slippers (from Tesco of course, duh). She cast a line for Marian Keyes and managed to boat the bass.

She found her smile in a mechanical fish cat toy, she’s been helping her son discover his love for 90s angst rock lyrics, and she’s committing wild maverick wizardry with a myriad of biscuits and Biscoff spread combos.

Tortured genius trope innit.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. *She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Just putting my two pennies worth in - I agree with other posters in that despite whatever levels of ‘burnout’ Jack is currently in, she still has the energy and wherewithal to don wigs, make up and posh frocks, and to set up a professional camera and press ‘click’. Yes, her nails ARE always grubby, which isn’t a great look for a food writer.

Having said that, for whatever personal reasons anyone feels towards JM, and if these feelings lead to either defending or vilifying her, making pointed remarks to other users isn’t really fair. If anything,
@Silver Linings has always struck me as coming from a place of concern / understanding / frustration with JM - probably wanting her to do better and stop lying and grifting. She has never come across as vindictive or malicious or nasty to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

GothPrincess

Jack used to use a lot of tinned potatoes for all sorts of things. Anyway, she said you could roast them. Back when I was a fan, I tried this. Reader, do not try to roast tinned potatoes. They do not roast. They explode as well. And are grim.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Of course it wasn't you. I took exception to something that SilverLinings said -which they have replied to. My nails have never looked like that either, but I recently went through a depressive episode where it was all that I could do to get out of bed for a couple of hours, let alone shower, bath, wear makeup, etc. However, if I HAD to appear in front of people, yes, I would be immaculate. Jack's failing to notice that she is filthy is a worry. What the hell are her parents, brother and friends doing?
Was my answer acceptable? Please apologise for calling me ‘particularly nasty’. If anything i’m way more soft about Jack than I should be sometimes. I do genuinely hope she feels better and has a successful career in what she chooses to do, just after she’s closed her patreon down.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

ClarenceBeakes

“I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol”

I slam dunk the next thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

MancBee

VIP Member
I have not mentioned it before (as it may assist with triangulation, the food world is really quite small, but what the fuck) , but my nephew and his wife work in the food industry. They are basically recipie creators. They met at uni and both hold Phds in food technology, so they can legitimately call themselves doctors of food science.

It can take a year to perfect a recipie, and they rarely work on more than 4 or 5 at a time. Their company then sells them across the world to magazines, restaurants, supermarkets, manufacturers etc. They have test kitchens, food panels, and teams of qualified chefs. Their recipies are refined and tested, then adjustments made, and refined again.

Jackie bungs everything together, tests nothing, then declares it the most delicious one of it's kind ever made. Then when others try it and it tastes like shit, she blames them for not following the recipe. A recipie that says you can substitute anything with everything.

I mentioned R Jackie to my nephew when I rang him. I am reluctant to put here what his response was, as I'm sure he could be identified. There's not many married couples working together in their field, especially up north. I am sure you can deduce his opinion from what I've written.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Horse jism lasagne: You rang?

00831FDD-83D7-4BDB-BE73-061A1377C4F0.jpeg
Tebutt’s Oscar submission for best ‘This shit is off-the-hook delicious and I can’t wait to pass the fork through my lips’ face:

E1B35668-34EF-432F-AE59-33FAC61236EB.jpeg

He still wakes in a cold sweat. ‘It didn’t thicken up, it didn’t bloody thicken up.’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61

Silver Linings

VIP Member
My impression of you is that you are a particularly nasty person. I hope that you are never in that dark place where basic hygiene seems to be an insurmountable wall. Jack is crying out for help. I feel dirty and disgusting for joining this gloat-fest.
Me? I haven’t had a shower for over a week. I’m a mess. I wouldn’t take a picture of myself and tweet it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Jack used to use a lot of tinned potatoes for all sorts of things. Anyway, she said you could roast them. Back when I was a fan, I tried this. Reader, do not try to roast tinned potatoes. They do not roast. They explode as well. And are grim.
The most idiotic Jack advice I took was using sage and onion stuffing powder as thickner in a stew. It made everything go congealed and slimy. Safe to say I had to chuck the whole stew out and waste precious ingredients. I was an impressionable and broke young frau who didn't know better!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
My impression of you is that you are a particularly nasty person. I hope that you are never in that dark place where basic hygiene seems to be an insurmountable wall. Jack is crying out for help. I feel dirty and disgusting for joining this gloat-fest.
Nah, if she can spend ages putting lip liner and a wig on for a selfie then the can make time for clean nails.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

PuritySpiral

New to this forum - first post but been reading for a few weeks. I'm glad I found it because I thought I was going mad and nobody else could see what I could re JM.

I've followed her for years. Even bought a couple of her books. I mostly didn't pay too much attention to her on Twitter, but was concerned for her the first time I saw her post saying she needed to step away due to the abuse she'd been receiving. I was confused to then see her back within about 24 hours like nothing had ever happened. I was confused the second time I saw this play out. Rolled my eyes the third time. And then I started paying more attention and joining up narratives and...they didn't make sense.

I mostly thought she was very troubled but mainly harmless, but I had to actively unfollow her around the time of the kitten and the 'ouchy mouth' stuff. So many of my friends and other people I follow though also follow her, that she kept appearing my my timelines anyway. The kitten episode was just unbearably upsetting and the 'ouchy mouth' was just at best a massive exaggeration and at worst an outright fantasy. I've suffered from awful mouth ulcers in the past - proper 5p size ones needing prescription steroids etc - and when they are raging I could barely swallow and was literally drooling, there's NO WAY I could have carefully applied lipliner and lipstick and arsed about with photos on social media. I wholeheartedly agree with other posters who have said that her tales of how much she's eaten hint at either an eating disorder, or else wanting people to think she has an eating disorder.

I have seen some of the Tinned Can Food Festival posts recently via Miguel Barclay and my first thought was that this sort of thing should have been right up JM's alley. Just a quick scroll through his Insta really illustrates what JM should be doing. He took a cauliflower the other day and made an entire plate of food from it, and it looked delicious. Truth is, I don't really think she's that talented in the sphere she's ended up being vaulted into. I think her blog postings from back in the day were well written and relevant, they got picked up on (itself a massive stroke of good fortune that most people even eloquent ones, do not get) and she was lucky to ride the wave of a certain kind of zeitgeist moment but unfortunately she doesn't have the skills or training to keep the momentum - because it's not like she hasn't seemed to have the repeated opportunities to learn and develop.

I do still think she is a troubled person, and I really hope she can reach a point where she is happy and satisfied. I'm not sure courting social media attention in the way she does is the way to find that though.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
If you mean me than I am sorry. I have been in dark places many times and yes personal hygiene does suffer. That being said my nails have never looked like that. I am intrigued as to why Jack's are, they even appear dirty when she is not being manic. We have shown concern for her and advised her on self help and seeking medical advice. She ignores or rejects all good advice unfortunately, we have proof. She has been very manipulative and lies so much that many of us now doubt her claims regarding mental and physical health. Her behaviour throws a negative light on genuine sufferers. I don't think anyone here is gloating, just appalled at how she can get away with lying and treating others so badly. None of us have ever ill wished her despite some of the truly appalling things she has done especially to animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 54