Jack Monroe #62 A piss-poor cook with bad manners and no decent underwear

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
O frabious day! Callooh, Callay! The Jackerwocky has delivered. I wrote a thing and it got nominated for a thread title by @TriviaNewtonJohn thanks babe. I have now completed Tattle. Thankyou and duck off.

Recap of thread #61

šŸŽµJackā€™s greatest love of alllll ... is Twi- i- tter šŸŽ¶

Sheā€™s back with an avalanche, nay, a literal monsoon of tweets. You could say, the rains came.

Sheā€™s joined Foodim, a social networking app on which users share their love for both food and photography. Her contributions so far are yet to convince of either.

Weā€™ve seen a candid photo of days-gone-by Jack wearing a pair of ill-fitting fishnets and duck-me pumps, and another natural shot of her being a ā€˜miserable cantankerous prick in a hammockā€™ complete with sparkly slippers (from Tesco of course, duh). She cast a line for Marian Keyes and managed to boat the bass.

She found her smile in a mechanical fish cat toy, sheā€™s been helping her son discover his love for 90s angst rock lyrics, and sheā€™s committing wild maverick wizardry with a myriad of biscuits and Biscoff spread combos.

Tortured genius trope innit.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. *She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Ok confession time, as a vegetarian I would not last a meal, as a vegan even less. I donā€™t buy bags of salad, as I donā€™t eat bags of salad, but arenā€™t they expensive and unhealthy? And why on earth would you turn it into slurry? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Pocahontas said:
Cos sheā€™s just a widdle baby who needs her nursery soft food šŸ¤¢
But sheā€™s got an ouchy mouth šŸ„ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 13
O frabious day! Callooh, Callay! The Jackerwocky has delivered. I wrote a thing and it got nominated for a thread title by @TriviaNewtonJohn thanks babe. I have now completed Tattle. Thankyou and duck off.

Recap of thread #61

šŸŽµJackā€™s greatest love of alllll ... is Twi- i- tter šŸŽ¶

Sheā€™s back with an avalanche, nay, a literal monsoon of tweets. You could say, the rains came.

Sheā€™s joined Foodim, a social networking app on which users share their love for both food and photography. Her contributions so far are yet to convince of either.

Weā€™ve seen a candid photo of days-gone-by Jack wearing a pair of ill-fitting fishnets and duck-me pumps, and another natural shot of her being a ā€˜miserable cantankerous prick in a hammockā€™ complete with sparkly slippers (from Tesco of course, duh). She cast a line for Marian Keyes and managed to boat the bass.

She found her smile in a mechanical fish cat toy, sheā€™s been helping her son discover his love for 90s angst rock lyrics, and sheā€™s committing wild maverick wizardry with a myriad of biscuits and Biscoff spread combos.

Tortured genius trope innit.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. *She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
As wonderful as ever, Poca. Thread CompĆØre extroadinaire.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Ok confession time, as a vegetarian I would not last a meal, as a vegan even less. I donā€™t buy bags of salad, as I donā€™t eat bags of salad, but arenā€™t they expensive and unhealthy? And why on earth would you turn it into slurry? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Salad bag pesto using the dregs of mushy, wilted leaves is one of her more disgusting creations. A jar of pesto wouldnā€™t break the bank and youā€™d avoid e-coli.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

But sheā€™s got an ouchy mouth šŸ„ŗ
All of her food looks like slop

Reactions: 10
I like food but have to admit I am not very inventive, I buy food and eat it for its intended purposes unless I see a really fancy recipie in a website, book or show I feel I should try. I don't just go into the kitchen and duck it up.

She claims it's because she got fed up eating the same old things all the time, but things like beans are known as a staple food because you can put them, in their own true form into many many dishes, beans on toast, cowboys breakfast, egg and beans, sausage, chips and beans, jacket potato an beans. You don't need to rinse all the flavour to make a bog standard recipie.

I've have been skint and had to live off what I had in, it was boring but I ate a decent meal and didn't ruin it by trying to make it different waiting patiently until the next payday so I could eat something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm sure this isn't Louisa playing 'See what you're missing' but looks happy, relaxed and healthy. Another good image on her story but I can't copy that.

Reactions: 42
I'm sure this isn't Louisa playing 'See what you're missing' but looks happy, relaxed and healthy. Another good image on her story but I can't copy that.

She's positively glowing and looks so happy

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm sure this isn't Louisa playing 'See what you're missing' but looks happy, relaxed and healthy.
I always feel so uncomfortable for the people who are collateral damage and attract attention just because they are in Jack's orbit - or escaped her gravitational pull. Poor L sharing a holiday snap (and looking all chilled out and pretty) only to be discussed here because she was one of many "Mrs Js" ( :sick: for that phrase)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm happy for it to be removed if inappropriate. I just thought it was good to see someone positively come out of what must have been a stressful time.
Sorry if it seemed like it but I wasn't scolding you, just musing on how much it must suck for the tangentially connected.

Reactions: 16
Seriously though, how many weeks has it been since Edinburgh? And even before that, sheā€™s been sitting around scratching her arse for weeks and weeks on end while the rest of the world drags itself out of bed for the daily grind. She does absolutely duck-all. But just wait, in 6 months time when she does (begrudgingly) pull her finger out of her arse for some ā€˜assignmentā€™, the world will be treated a review of history that will go something like ā€œI was working 17 hrs a day throughout the lockdown, even when the doctor demanded that I take a break, and itā€™s now been 8 years since my last day off..ā€

whaddacunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.