Jack Monroe #430 Keep strong, good Turkish haircut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't believe she got a friend to pawn those rings; either she still have them in her possession or she took them to a jeweller to get a decent price, otherwise she is even more of a daft twit than I took her for.
Of all the Jack fibs, this constant "SEE I DO HAVE FRIENDS" is the most tragic. The claim that a friend took the rings to the pawn shop is just more weird adult baby fetish Jack nonsense where everyone has to softly, gently, painstakingly do basic tasks for the smol pixie because she is so fragile.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
It's always something trivial these days though isnt it? Mums roasties, dog needing a haircut, expensive / fake earrings If I was a neutral observer I would think both sides of these ridiculous spats are not right in the head!
It’s a shame she doesn’t get called out on the really big stuff like going out with Covid (back when a bunch of influencers were getting tit for it), the fake death threats with the N word (uncensored), or the horrible triggery stuff which I won’t go into.

But admittedly it is funny to see her losing her tit over bleeping roast potatoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
So the earring thing must have played out in a scenario where Jack was lamenting to Harold (who had no social media presence) that the nasty people on the internet were saying that “these cheap earrings are Tiffany! Can you imagine? Me? Tiffany earrings? *sigh* If only. LOL. *sigh*”
“I mean. I may as well have ACTUAL Tiffany earrings if everyone is saying I do anyway. Right? *sigh*
And these ones are pretty. Look. Look. Look.”

And lo the Tiffany earrings were magically manifested by Twittering ninnies.

• Haha
Reactions: 86
Honestly cannot see how Jack can return to Twitter in any meaningful way anymore, she’s really been rumbled over there, so many people are not letting go of her lies and inconsistencies, using her own words against her. Jack just can‘t recover from this on Twitter.
Indeed, I sense a mass deletion in the air. That would be a sensible step 1 - to prevent people digging out her previous contradictory Tweets whenever she posts her inane wang.

Step 2 of course would be complete and total transparency over the Lee Anderson libel slush fund and Teemill. But I very much doubt that’s going to happen as I think it will be impossible for her to disentangle those monies from her own personal spending money.

Step 3 would be a full refund of all the unfulfilled Patreon money. That’s not going to happen either as she’s spent it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Fraus. I am away on a family celebration. I decided to stay in last night and let just the menz go to the pub. Watched strictly with the Nanna’s and then came back to our lodge at 10pm for bed. Discovering this chaos was just 👌
My OH is still in bed, everyone else has gone out for activities. I’ve made a pot of coffee and sat catching up on all this and it’s DELICIOUSLY perfect. Might have to go and nuzzle OH’s brother to celebrate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115
The "people change" vibe from the tweets before she deleted. Yes, Jack, people change. Apart from YOU. You have lied and lied and lied, consistently. All whilst after people's [spare] change. She's beyond help and no, I absolutely do not feel sorry for her.

It must be bad when I feel sad for that absolute horror Katie Hopkins, with hindsight. She got you confused with someone else, but she saw through your tit nevertheless. Stood outside court with that awful smug face and your Sideshow Bob hair.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Let me get this right...already this weekend, Jack Monroe - anti-poverty campaigner, author of 7 cookbooks and the upcoming Thrifty Kitchen, lesbian, emigrant-adjacent, so poor she has to boil soap and beg for donations to keep her and (afterthought) her son alive, persecuted, acceptable face of poverty to the Guardian and Twitter neckbeards - has:
  • Sexualised Schrodingers small talk while having her haircut with a Turkish barber, with his monosyllabic dialogue courtesy of Enid Blyton writing about ethnic minorities in the 1950s
  • Either paid more for her undercut at said Turkish barbers than their website states they cost - or somehow haggled for a lower price (cos, thrifty? Cos that's what you do with a Turkish barber? Dunno)
  • Had another romantic meet-cute with a man who sells paint
  • Revealed that she is going to be moving soon (but how soon is now? Dunno. It will be a hecking big move, obviously)
  • Revealed that this time (finally!!) she will be able to decorate her home and has grandiose plans for this, while waiting for this new home to become available (because it is normal to wait for and plan decoration of rental properties, dunno)
  • New home will be teeny tiny with one bedroom, but that's fine because afterthought son will get the bedroom and she will sleep on the sofa. She's practicing that at the moment in the [checks notes] 10-bedroom crappy bungalow
  • Paint shop man will help out with the pricey decorating plans (out of the goodness of his own heart, because he fancies Jack, or something, dunno)
  • In the process talking about the new home, people who aren't as hard of thinking as the stereotypical squig, come to the conclusion that she is buying. Or, if she's going to be renting again, this will be the one non-crappy landlord in 27 (?) who will allow her to do this (dunno)
  • Got in a strop when challenged by people who had evidence that she'd painted rented homes before
  • Threw her ex-fiancee, Louisa J Compton, something high up I can't remember at Channel Four News, for leaving her to pay the full amount on a two-year fixed lease on current crappy bungalow (which has lasted longer than the two years since she LEFT - almost two and a half years)
  • Shared her camera roll with images of her and her earlier wealthy fiancee, along with a more recent pic of a pub lunch and what looked like property searches. But of course, these could be downloads from WhatsApp messages from people who don't have to boil their own soap (dunno)
  • Doubled-down on claims that the Teemill money fundraising was all handled appropriately, nothing to see here, absolutely no need to share the "It was resting in my account" gif from Father Ted, by tweeting parts of a DM conversation with a member of the Comments Club
  • In doing so, accidentally revealed she instigated the conversation with Comments Club Squig in order to refute Molly's stories
  • Failed to reassure Comments Club squig when repeatedly saying all answers were on the blog and pointing them (and others) to the Trussell Trust statement about what she'd paid them. Therefore failing to answer to the wider (more important) question about what had happened the rest of the money she'd raised
  • Comments Club squig wouldn't back down, shared the rest of the conversation in frustration at deliberate point-missing. This agitated shitposters and bystanders so they joined in by ridiculing her contradictions/hyperbole/gaslighting nonsense. Twitter mentions a bonfire
  • Somehow, in the process of trying to explain that people are complicated and that Jack is simultaneously a real life Four Yorkshiremen sketch ("We lived for three months in a rolled up newspaper in a septic tank." etc.) and also has nice things, the price of the Tiffany earrings was confirmed at over £800. Of course Jack didn't pay for them herself. They were a birthday gift from a former partner (of less than six months?)
  • Ah, but there's more, the value of this gift goes far beyond the sales receipt from Tiffany's. Her knight in shining armour was protecting her from the trolls who [checks notes] who were accusing her of owning expensive earrings from Tiffany's (which she has now confirmed she does), but she only had "dupes" from Etsy before. Perhaps that's why she was never photographed wearing them and has only been snapped in the real ones? Erm, dunno.
  • In the process of defending herself, Jack revealed that she had some kind of breakdown recently, the details of which I'm not going to go into. Needless to say, it should be behind a trigger warning, but she hasn't broken her sobriety
  • Rinse (beans), repeat
  • None of the attempts to defend herself were working, obviously it was just making things worse. Squigs didn't back down, more and more inconsistencies, more and more evidence of spendy lifestyle were came out. More and more Dickens meets Prozac Nation hyperbole
  • Rinse, repeat, delete account
I'm sure I've missed something.

Her agents must be delighted with how the new book launch is going.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 177
Of all the packing boxes we’ve been shown, do any have Patreon Reward Postcards’ written on them? Last time we saw them they were sat in performative piles on the 14 seater oak table abomination. Or are they doomed to the storage unit?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I'm revising my armchair diagnosis, I think she's a narcissistic sociopath.

The standard narc feels empathy, particularly for people removed from them, eg refugees. They struggle to show it in a way that isn't about them, but they do feel it. Your common or garden sociopath doesn't have empathy or feel any shame, but is able to play along with the socially accepted norms in order to achieve their goals. They'll pretend to be contrite if to do so will help them to get what they want. They genuinely don't give a duck what people think of them, so they'll do whatever it takes.

The narcissistic sociopath, however, has NO empathy and NO shame. Think Donald Trump. Or, indeed, Jack Monroe.

Sociopaths often use autism to explain the lack of facial expressions you'd expect from a person who feels empathy. Their faces can also change quite drastically when they're off guard, moving from warm and smiling (or whatever the expression is that they're mirroring) to cold, dead, shark eyes in an instant. It's quite something to observe, it really is like watching the clichéd mask slip.

Jack, IMO, is textbook. Here's a list of sociopath traits I just copied and pasted in full:
  • Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations
Sociopaths can actually be quite fun to be around, if you're of benefit to them. When you're no longer providing any value, they just duck off. (Not all sociopaths obvs, but generally speaking.)

Narcissistic sociopaths, however, are incredibly dangerous. If you wrong them (or if they perceive you to have wronged them) or do anything to dent their ego, they'll punish you without any empathy or remorse. I think she's a narcissistic sociopath, and that explains even more why nobody in her past is calling her out.

The Guardian, however, has serious questions to answer.
Absolutely spot on 💪

Reactions: 42
£799 but then you must also keep tabs on the previous owner and leave soup at their door when you suspect they are feeling poorly
Soup or soap. Either will do. Or a skip.
SOUP
SOAP
SKIP
Well I never.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Jack has already (that we know of) had 2 stints in some form of rehab. She claims to have 3 therapists on speed dial. She claims to have various meds for various MH and other ailments. She claims to have ~dozens~ of wonderful friends, family and supportive AA community around her keeping her safe, grounded and on course. Yet despite all of this she jumps on and off twitter being an absolute tit, bulling, gaslighting, threatening legal action and instigating pile ons and when things aren’t going exactly her way she claims victim status and drags out her mental health, another ailment or sobriety. She has spent a decade using various platforms to tell the world how truly horrible her life is, how on each and every occasion it’s someone else’s fault, her parents, her teachers, her brother, her bosses, her partners, her sons, the Tories, the trolls, the landlords, the bank, the shop assistant, the feral foster kids, the publishers, random people in the pub, on the train, in the street and each time those stories become more dramatic by adding triggery traumas rape, ED,self harm, suicide, DM in order to garner sympathy and support for her ultimate goal of gaining fame and fortune.

She’s never once considered the mental health or well being of any of the people she’s unceremoniously thrown under the bus, when she’s on top she’s toot tooting to her hearts content and to duck with how anyone else feels.

I can not say one way or another if she really does have mental health issues or if she’s just living in constant fear of being caught out but either way the only options for her are to come clean and admit to her lies, be accountable and start again honestly or draw a line under her grift, fade into obscurity and smile smugly at how well she pulled off a decade long con.
Well said. I've got no sympathy for her. If that makes me a tedious, nefarious ninnie and a horrible person so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The sad thing is that she did have friends and was once part of an incredibly supportive social network of lesbians in Southend before she became famous. I met her (then using her old name) through that network 🔺️, it was a social group, a support group, a friendship group and a safe space for "out" lesbians as well as women questioning their sexual identity. Some had kids, some had always known they were gay, some came out in later life, some were still living a 'straight' life knowing they were gay but too afraid to come out. Women of all ages and from all walks of life. You get the picture. Over the years, friendships were forged, relationships started, women left the group, new women joined. The point is, at that time, Jack did have good friends and she was having fun...we were all having fun...picnics, camping weekends, gay pride events, dinner parties etc etc...the photos still exist to prove it. Many of us were friends on FB. Many of us are still friends now. Many of us settled into long term relationships. And then in 2012 she hit the big time....I was pleased for her and impressed to see her doing so well (and, I'll admit, a little proud to say that I actually knew such a celebrity, which she was back then). As far as I can recall, she stopped having active involvement with the group, understandably as she was by then busy with her campaigning etc etc. She set up her new Facebook page to share recipes etc. None of the women I know from that time are still in contact with her although that's not to say she's not still in touch with some of the other women from those times who I don't know.
She doesn't ever seem to have sustained a long term relationship...3? engagements by the age of 34... many dalliances but no long term loving supportive partner by her side, a constant in her life. Although many folk choose to be single, I'm guessing that she doesn't choose it (otherwise why the engagements) but somehow it never works out. She doesn't come across as someone who's ever been comfortable in her own skin or knows who she really is...it's all constant change and a state of chaos, changing partners, changing her name, changing her sexual identity, changing ....everything, and I think that being thrust into the limelight when she was really did her no favours. She wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with it, it went to her head, she basked in the adoration and the sycophancy and there was nobody constantly by her side to help her keep it real and keep her feet on the ground. She bit off way way more than she could chew and she's buried her head in a desert of sand.

I hope that she has support from her family. I don't know if she really has good friends now IRL, if she does then why are they not intervening as she publicly spirals out of control? The massive oversharing of her life on SM indicates to me that she has no friends, she needs the validation of strangers to fill the void. How sad.

Jack....it's not going to be easy to come clean now, but unless you do you will never be able to face yourself. All the bravado in the world won't help. You know where to find 100% confidential support in Southend. Get support and do the right thing for the sake of the people who've funded you for a long time and believed in you. Do the right thing for your own sanity.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 186
So this twitter deletion is no doubt because she realises she has lied over those earrings in Georgian Church style proportions.
Just bringing it over to this thread, and thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for finding older tweets.
Dear Harold bought her some Tiffany earrings for her birthday (March 17th) as she was being trolled for wearing Etsy Tiffany earrings, which he apparently also bought for same birthday. Complicated Harold 🤪
Needless to say there is NO photographic evidence of those Etsy earrings before her birthday and also no trolling for Harold to spot 🤷‍♀️ Very mysterious.

View attachment 1744750View attachment 1744751View attachment 1744752
View attachment 1744759
That “obsessive workaround” to view her posts is called logging out of your Twitter account & then searching again for her Twitter handle. I really have no idea why people block others when it’s so simple to view their tweets if you really want to 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 65
It’s just a narc rage as she can no longer control the narrative and more and more people are calling her out.
I agree I think it’s narc rage. My ex-partner was a clinical narcissist who would literally scream and jump up and down like a cartoon character when in one of his rages (always linked to his ego being bruised). Jack is having a tantrum, which is really disconcerting to see in an adult if you’re not used to it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.