Jack Monroe #345 I've had to mute that Bootstrap fella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread title courtesy of a squig, nominated by @Boyo

your prize, some thrupenny crumble nuts and some thumbprint conkers

wiki is the pink button at the top

when nominating thread title, please use #thread title no swears please šŸ˜‡

Thumblina Peapod was a PIA but whats new

please feel free to do a recap someone please

previous thread here

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
NO SAVE YOURSELF!!! Theres No going backā€¦
Where were you 7 minutes ago Lumpy? šŸ˜­

Oh that was painful. A 6 minute 25 second video and she spends the first 4 minutes prattling on about herself and how people on the internet are mean to her. The proscrastinating around the 2 minute mark is unintentionally hilarious. Then the singing starts! šŸ˜µ Around the 5 minute mark she gives it socks but it doesn't have the impact she was expecting. You just don't have the range, dear. The end then when she stares down the camera and repeatedly thanks the viewer. Yikes. I need a sweet tea after that.

Edit to add: we were off to a great start with the subtitles too šŸ˜‚
Screenshot_20220725_164751_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Follow it up with Stand By Me (Oasis):

Ah you beat me to it. It's the dead shark eyed, slow blinking stare straight into my soul that freaks me out šŸ˜±. I can't work out if this is during the period where she was supposed to be drinking a bottle of over proof/oven proof whisky a day, due to the frequency of lights on/lights off šŸ¤”.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

I had to stop fast forward through the endless talking? Pray tell what wrongs are being righted by singing Oasis. Had a piano, sold a piano.
Also not posting will keep it privateā€¦ but here it is whisper whisper whisper šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Sing loudly and proudly if you love it, share if you want but stop with the endless bullshit.

Reactions: 28

The faux embarrassment is the worst thing. Under the guise of ā€œtrying to do brave thingsā€ like itā€™s something she *must* do when itā€™s actually glaringly obvious she just thinks sheā€™s more talented than she is and needs to indulge her narcissistic ego šŸ˜’

Also yet another ā€œsingingā€ video where she spends more than half of it on a self indulgent speech about how brave she is and how mean people are and how by some mental gymnastics that means she must subject us to this out of tune, pitchy, nasal nonsense that should really just be saved for her shower.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I find it very, very hard to believe she wasn't ~on something~ during Saturday's Poetry Corner. Who would choose to spend their weekend writing all that guff on Twitter? It's not even like the Likes were rolling in, she was largely ignored and probably muted a fair bit

Reactions: 40
I still donā€™t understand what she was trying to achieve with the singing vids. Did she think some A&R man (do they still exist?) was gonna be bowled over by her charisma uniqueness nerve & talent and give her an on the spot record deal?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Recap:
- Jack dived into a paddling pool at a party
- She baked a lot of pellets biscuits
- She's across the news for work
Screenshot_20220725-173105~2.png

- Angry at the radio because it woke her up with politics on the news. The only parties Jack wants to hear about have orange squash and paddling pools, pal.
- Annoyed at the Metro for tweeting a headline
- Can't think of anything else, send reminderos

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I still donā€™t understand what she was trying to achieve with the singing vids. Did she think some A&R man (do they still exist?) was gonna be bowled over by her charisma uniqueness nerve & talent and give her an on the spot record deal?
This is Main Character Jack so she was probably expecting just that.

Reactions: 39
She was very clear at the start of the video that she does not want to make a career out of singing. Sorry to disappoint all the A&R people but please leave her alone šŸ„ŗ

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.