Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
COMPLETED IT MATE. She used to be a sunday school teacher. Methodist or Baptist, I can't recall which. I think the early religiousity has actually had a profound effect on Jack's psyche, which tbf we've not really explored on these threads as she doesn't talk about it much, but I do believe that her subsequent larping as the edgiest maverick trans lesbian evaaaaahhhh was in part an extended rebellion against Christian Jack.

I was brought up Eastern Orthodox so this is very much not my lane, but Baptists and Methodists are quite hardline, would that be fair to say?
She was in the Baptist church I believe judging my names of friends whom I used to go Baptist church with many many many (full) moons ago.

Reactions: 14

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Ugh!

She doesn't half talk nonsense.

Meanwhile in the real world, ie where where live the place is buzzing with people put doing stuff. Whereas as Miss Havishams boring everyone to death.

Also when my kid brought home their school book, I discovered they had done a project on William Morris.
See if you can find the program on the restoration of kelmscott
S2E3 on discovery+
i watched it on quest so it maybe repeated

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
If Jack was in LOTR she would be Tom Bonbadil. I had to skip through that entire section and was delighted it wasn’t in the movies!
Not smol enough, she'd be hobbit Galadriel.

forgot to link this last night but any Iron Maiden fraus should check out my friend's band, they have been favourably compared to them:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Captainmouse

VIP Member
@LennyBriscoe, I've given it some thought and she is actually breaking Tradition 11 which is: Our Public Relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films (and the internet).”

I suppose some groups might deputise an old timer to have a quiet word.

I was once asked to do this for a member who was repeatedly sharing details of the meeting in question on Instagram (which I don't have). I tried to gently suggest that this wasn't on but was met with a barrage of guff about how this person found this oversharing to be vital to their recovery. When I later took a harder line on the basis that it was breaking tradition 11 and therefore harmful to the meeting and other members, I was met with such a flood of defensive tantrumming that I immediately backed off thinking, ok darling, do it your own way. Encountered said person a few years later. Sure enough, they'd relapsed.

But newer or more vulnerable members might think it's cool. Either way, it's TOTALLY against AA traditions, certainly in the spirit, and also, I now think, in the letter, and this sort of behaviour encourages cliques, insecurities, arguments and makes people fear for their anonymity. It does not create an environment conducive to recovery. I am irritated and saddened to see it.

I suppose someone at the meeting could have had a word with the secretary expressing their concerns. But she IS the secretary. :(
Bib surely not at every single meeting?

Reactions: 12

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Not recognising the privilege that having the space and funds for an above ground steel framed whatever is the problem with Jack's followers. The ones you would describe as a pool rather than a paddling pool are a couple of hundred and need a decent amount of space.
Plus the time and the money for maintenance

I know this was a few pages back but I’m still stuck on her travelling from Essex into Kent for a meeting. To get between the two counties you have to cross the Thames, which either means going into London and back out again or driving to Dartford and doing the tunnel or bridge (depending if you’re going north or south). Both London and Dartford involve a charge if you’re driving, while the train is a long and quite expensive journey which would take a minimum of two trains and a tube train depending on where in Kent she’s going. I really can’t get my head around this one at all.
She’s lying - Jimmy Nail gif (can’t do the techie stuff).