Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lazarus

VIP Member
Having looked on street view I can see why the council have removed the trees. The footpath is hardly wide enough for two people to pass. With a tree in the middle of the pavement there is hardly any room for a single pedestrian. It would be particularly impassable for wheelchair users, so they would have to go out into the road. The tree roots are making much of the pavements a trip hazard for anyone with even slight mobility problems, once again forcing pedestrians into the road.

But Mr and Mrs Jack like the look of them, sod the disabled and elderly.

That nectarine citrus fruit didn't fall far from the tree.

But
Off topic, but I’m very much against trees being planted on streets. The councils almost never maintain them. It really pisses me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I can only speak from my experience, and I'm yet to meet a competent rep. That's not to say they're all shit, I just haven't dealt with a good one. Nit picking isnt the same as being thorough & HR aren't the bad guys lol. Usually the bad guys are the executives and their shady ethics - thats where HR can step in.
Oh I have met some good ones- they don’t last. Either burn out or get complacent.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I'm definitely feeling burnt out! People don't realise how full on it is, especially as a generalist. 101 things happening all at once. 😵💫 I like the nicer stuff now, the engagement stuff. Less drama lol

I realise you may have meant the reps there. Its been a long day 😂
Applies to HR as well. Always piggy in the middle, neither side happy, but most importantly, that’s your fault, not theirs. Staff and management aren’t responsible for treating each other like shit, oh no.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I can't deal with her mentioning unions with the absolute weapons I have to deal with who work for them.

Her GCSE politics can get in the bin too *Man is paid a lot of money in a high powered executive job* So what? My dog knows politics and business better than Jack.
Bib #thread title

• Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
She says the reason she didn’t tell her parents was that they aren’t very well off and, presumably, couldn’t afford to pay for food for her and her son. We know this isn’t true, Big Dave was a senior manager at the Fire Brigade in Charge of at least 17 employees ( it was more but I’m too lazy to look).
Its bollocks anyway. I’m not nearly as well off as Monroes father but during lockdown I paid for one of my kids shopping for six months. You find out they are hard up, you dont feed them once. You keep feeding them until their situation improves especially if theres a toddler involved.
They couldn't afford to help her and her son, the probably couldn't have afforded to help their foster children. I know that there's an allowance for that but by all accounts (including an interview with big d) that doesn't cover all of the costs.

hellosailor⚓

So, isn’t it odd that there are lots of GOATS? Kipchoge is the GOAT of marathon running, Walmsley or Jurek are the GOATs of ultra running, GOAT of tennis is probably Williams/Djokovic. I’m bored now but could there be a GOAT of GOATs?
Ummm.
Jack's the GOAT of GOATs. It's exhausting! To her dubious credit, she is a great bare-faced liar which has cost her friends but made her ££££. Maybe that's all she really wants. By great liar, I mean she monitises the lies against all odds, sense and reason, not that her lies are super credible!

Send sad facios! (Sorry to be so flippant myself, not a defence mechanism, I’m basically an idiot.)
Thanks - I was wondering how to say it! I tried pity-os but knew that wasn't right.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
They couldn't afford to help her and her son, the probably couldn't have afforded to help their foster children. I know that there's an allowance for that but by all accounts (including an interview with big d) that doesn't cover all of the costs.
I think that interview gets misinterpreted quite a bit given the context.

Reactions: 13

Lifeislemons

Why does she call the child sb? I’m sorry I have tried to read the whole wiki but couldn’t see it

Reactions: 12

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
As for unions - working in HR, I hate reps 😂
The ones I have dealt with I have to 100% agree with. I’ve never met one who actually has the worker and their rights at the forefront of what they do. It’s all about them and how they come across and point scoring.
They really need to change their attitude, they come into meetings wanting to battle when it should be a collaborative effort to meet a satisfactory conclusion for both sides.

I can’t triangulate but I’m HR for a company that doesn’t have a union, but the site we work at does. And we recognise them in hearings, they are just left to run the place with no thought given to the people working there.

• Sad

TankGirl

EXCL: I have obtained an image of Jack Monroe - whose Twitter is a fuckery of bilious dirge and a tenuous relationship with facts - leaving her home without a facemask post-pandemic. The picture reveals the former Guardian ‘cook’ sitting on some heavy artillery looking like a bellend.

View attachment 1324738
What’s that in her hand?

I've just listened to it as well, possibly a tattle myth. Glad that's been pointed out.

What I want to know is why she only promotes TT and not the foodbank that helped her?
I'm absolutely sure I've seen it, written by her own fair hand. Think the bit about being recognised by Mum's friend was in the same post.

Reactions: 10