Jack Monroe #289 I see that Jack Monroe is doing her attention seeking thang again. Tiresome.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, that was terrible.

I began by choosing 2 teas. Gibbon O'Slop says that all teas work, and has mentioned previously that she's used a black tea, so I went for one with rose; plus hibiscus tea (which I use in the summer to make actual iced tea, and is delicious). As a tea lover, I was excited that this might be the first Jack recipe I like.

I also made myself a fortifying coffee in the Obligatory Strawberry Thief mug, just for you, fraus.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.45.00.png

I duly made the tea and let it sit. I poured myself another fortifying cup of coffee while I waited for it to cool and folded some laundry. My husband walked into the kitchen and eyed my half-full glasses of tea with suspicion, but said nothing. As he left, I contemplated my life choices.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.46.38.png

When the tea was brewed and cold, I topped it up with some very cold Lorina clear lemonade (fancy). I thought about using the scary vitamin lemonade my husband likes, but decided I couldn't face it.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 13.47.44.png

I smelled both teas. The one on the left (black tea with rose) had a strange, almost soapy aroma in combination with the lemonade. It didn't fill me with confidence. The hibiscus tea on the right has quite a sweet smell anyway; with the lemonade, it was very much like the body sprays my pre-teen daughter and her friends like. Holding it up to the light, you couldn't see any bubbles. Using the fancy lemonade seemed pointless. My son came in for a drink and asked me why I was staring mournfully at "whatever's in those glasses". I didn't know how to explain, so he took a bottle of fizzy water from the fridge, and left. I envied him.

Tasting was upon me.

Frauen, herren, I love tea. I drink gallons of the stuff, in almost any variant (except peppermint, because it's disgusting). This is, without a doubt, one of the worst things I've drunk.

As expected, the 1:1 ratio of carbonation to flat resulted in a drink with the texture of a fizzy juice that's been open a few days. The lemonade I used was French, and very fizzy and delicious by itself. The texture of the drink was really odd; almost thick? I don't know how to explain the cloying sensation as I drank it. I felt very sorry for myself.

The taste was VILE. The lemonade became watery, obviously, but the sweetness didn't seem to go anywhere. Sort of like the lemon flavour took one look at the drink, and decided to Now duck Off. The sugar remained, and the black-tea-very-sweet-lemonade situation was rank. I thought the hibiscus one might be better because it's sweeter anyway - it wasn't. Shower gel sensations all round.

In the interest of not wasting things, I finished both. I wish I hadn't. I have a slight stomach ache, and I think I would like a lie down and a stiff G&T.

As an aside, for any fraus looking for an actually nice non-alcoholic beverage, I can't recommend this enough. I'm a drinking frau, but I have this regularly and it's delicious.
Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 14.04.30.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 140
what lies has she told for those of us not in the know?

I always thought shr was very glowing about SB’s dad and didn’t know any details about him other than what she put into that gushing article
Well, the fact she’s made out he’s the kindest man to ever walk the earth whilst at the same time she made her career off the back of her child living such an impoverished life he had no adequate footwear, he was living in a damp, cold and dark house with no lights or hot running water and his toys had to be sold.
to my mind it doesn’t match and if I was a grandparent I’d be pretty pissed off at the media image of my grandchild.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Who is our resident has a flutter on the nags Frau?

What odds would I get for her to be dating a Transman?
I feel the odds on that are low....(waves hands frantically in white-gloved tic-tac stylee). If the "OH"🤮 had anything.... anything...about them that would score more Jackpoints, she would surely have trumpeted about it by now ...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Just because we keep saying “do a baked potato Jack”, here is Jack, ballsing up a baked potato.

View attachment 1202308

To add insult to injury, here is another “cake”. Apparently the the green stuff is candied basil. Personally I would rather eat out of date Philadelphia, but that is my take.

ETA- it feels sad to look back through her Instagram at those times because it was when many of us hadn’t seen the light and we were still taken in by her. She looks truly happy in many of those pictures and although there were still the unbelievable ups and downs and stories she was telling, it wasn’t on the scale it is now. Are we partly to blame for her escalation in behaviour? Is having her tweets constantly reflected back at her causing her to introspect and instead of modifying she gets worse?
Jack was nasty before Tattle existed. The JO incident, DC son comments, previous pets (especially those poor guinea pigs) and the kickstarter are proof of that. I think our receit keeping affects her somewhat as she doesn't like being held to account. The tax situation is surely having a greater effect. Despite that, she has not stopped grifting or causing pile ones. Narcs don't change but they do get worse as the get older. Jack has always been a nasty individual. Her string of broken relationships, lack of friends, string of different employers, poor relationship with family suggest as much. Jack is the problem in all of this. She doesn't want to change either. She could a team of therapists but until she engages with them and recognises her faults, she will never improve. Decent people walk away from narcs, you have to in order to survive or protect vulnerable family members. Jack will end up completely alone at this rate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I think she’s dating a man but not her sons dad. He surely could not be that daft to go back there.

Reactions: 23
Well, that was terrible.

I began by choosing 2 teas. Gibbon O'Slop says that all teas work, and has mentioned previously that she's used a black tea, so I went for one with rose; plus hibiscus tea (which I use in the summer to make actual iced tea, and is delicious). As a tea lover, I was excited that this might be the first Jack recipe I like.

I also made myself a fortifying coffee in the Obligatory Strawberry Thief mug, just for you, fraus.

View attachment 1202922

I duly made the tea and let it sit. I poured myself another fortifying cup of coffee while I waited for it to cool and folded some laundry. My husband walked into the kitchen and eyed my half-full glasses of tea with suspicion, but said nothing. As he left, I contemplated my life choices.

View attachment 1202931

When the tea was brewed and cold, I topped it up with some very cold Lorina clear lemonade (fancy). I thought about using the scary vitamin lemonade my husband likes, but decided I couldn't face it.

View attachment 1202937

I smelled both teas. The one on the left (black tea with rose) had a strange, almost soapy aroma in combination with the lemonade. It didn't fill me with confidence. The hibiscus tea on the right has quite a sweet smell anyway; with the lemonade, it was very much like the body sprays my pre-teen daughter and her friends like. Holding it up to the light, you couldn't see any bubbles. Using the fancy lemonade seemed pointless. My son came in for a drink and asked me why I was staring mournfully at "whatever's in those glasses". I didn't know how to explain, so he took a bottle of fizzy water from the fridge, and left. I envied him.

Tasting was upon me.

Frauen, herren, I love tea. I drink gallons of the stuff, in almost any variant (except peppermint, because it's disgusting). This is, without a doubt, one of the worst things I've drunk.

As expected, the 1:1 ratio of carbonation to flat resulted in a drink with the texture of a fizzy juice that's been open a few days. The lemonade I used was French, and very fizzy and delicious by itself. The texture of the drink was really odd; almost thick? I don't know how to explain the cloying sensation as I drank it. I felt very sorry for myself.

The taste was VILE. The lemonade became watery, obviously, but the sweetness didn't seem to go anywhere. Sort of like the lemon flavour took one look at the drink, and decided to Now duck Off. The sugar remained, and the black-tea-very-sweet-lemonade situation was rank. I thought the hibiscus one might be better because it's sweeter anyway - it wasn't. Shower gel sensations all round.

In the interest of not wasting things, I finished both. I wish I hadn't. I have a slight stomach ache, and I think I would like a lie down and a stiff G&T.

As an aside, for any fraus looking for an actually nice non-alcoholic beverage, I can't recommend this enough. I'm a drinking frau, but I have this regularly and it's delicious.
View attachment 1202975
Above and beyond, and greatly appreciated! Such pointless performative twattery on Jack's part, when there are simpler, enjoyable drinks to recommend. With that nice big sunny garden Jack could brew up gallons of (energy saving!) sun tea in kilner jars for the twee factor.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Well, that was terrible.

View attachment 1202922

View attachment 1202931

View attachment 1202937

Tasting was upon me.

View attachment 1202975
Well done on your fizzy slop challenge! Hopefully your tastebuds recover soon

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No squiggle because blue tick.

Does Jack just police Twitter for things she can wedge herself into?

F10859AE-74B5-4413-AE72-A44B88755AFD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I think she’s dating a man but not her sons dad. He surely could not be that daft to go back there.
Yeah I think it's a man too

Wasn't there a "the boy done good" comment with a picture of a sandwich and some crisps when she was out on a booty call?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
No squiggle because blue tick.

Does Jack just police Twitter for things she can wedge herself into?

View attachment 1203085
Me Miss. Me me, pick me Miss. Me me me, pick me. Meeeeeee (hand up, waving frantically). S'down, Jacksie ya prune. No one wants your tit takes on veggie recipes, or anything else come to that! 🙄😄

Eta @LavaFlake Cooking On a Bootstrap was awesome 👌.....

....for lighting my BBQ (chefs kiss 💋)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
ITV3, 16.35. "Carry on Jack"! Surely unmissable Bank Holiday viewing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
This reminds me of when one of my pals had been teaching in London for a while and told me something was 'bare sick'. I was like BEAR SICK?? BEAR SICK?? And she had to spend about 10 minutes explaining da kidz lingo to me. Anyway, if this is the case Jack's surely doing it wrong (SHOCKA) because it's one thing to say someone's granny is all our grannies now on account of her sweetness, but it's kind of another to foist your own dad on everyone else. HE'S NO MA DA!!
Yer da sells Avon!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.