Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
This missing books saga is actually shocking. This person has been supporting Jack for years, and appealing for people to donate copies of her books so she can give them to people in need - thus directly contributing to the sales of Jack Monroe's books. Jack (in now deleted tweets, of course) performatively offered to send books, then ignored this person, who must've been trying to follow up on the whereabouts of them.

Actual years later when this person has obviously long since given up, points out that the books never arrived, Jack shrugs it off and says oh this happens to me all the time, hehe. I'd love to know how many books were offered, if it was an amount over a certain weight (I think it's 2kg) you can no longer just send it regular 1st/2nd class, it would be a trackable method of postage.

Screenshot_20220217-165306.png
Screenshot_20220217-165344.png
Screenshot_20220217-165421.png

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

Whaa?

VIP Member
She's being suspiciously quiet today after yesterday's deluge of sewage (both literal and figurative). Is she still on the squatty potty? I'm scared to check Twitter in case some moron has started a crowdfunder to buy her bog roll or something.
Someone offered to pay to print up Jacks stocktake notepads and give them out at food banks. They tagged the Trussell Trust.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Itchy of Itchington

Baking power is not the same as soda bic/baking soda
Baking powder is Acid plus Alkali and sometimes cornstarch. It is a raising agent.

Baking Soda or Soda bic is just Alkali (the sodium bicarb).

Acid makes beans take longer/makes them harder.
Alkali makes them faster/less farty.

add both and it does FUCK ALL.

The easy way to tell them apart is they come in containers with the name on.

Apparently these white powders are not Jack's forte.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Is there anything more to Jack’s hatred of JO than him getting the C4 lockdown cooking show? It seems odd how she fawns over the overtly posho Nigella, who as far as I know hasn’t been involved in any kind of food campaigning, yet hates Jamie, whose background is much closer to hers and who has actually achieved some good.

• Heart

Eurgh

VIP Member
She found out she was pregnant and bought a baby toy and carried it around everywhere in her grubby pocket for what, 7 months? Then put it in the cot of a premature newborn and now frequently requires it 11 years later? Christ.

• Haha
  • Sad

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Has nobody else on the Internet noticed her tirade of abuse about Jamie Oliver? She’s like some bitter ex or something - she can’t keep any goodwill up for long, and turns back to nasty abuse when riled. Whatever anyone thinks of Jamie, he’s done more for the vulnerable of this country in terms of food and eating habits, than she keeps pretending to have done. He’s made a tonne of money, but he has managed to consistently campaign for change to the way people supply, eat, and grow food for years without making himself into a sad little victim. That’s why Jack is so incredibly bitter, because he’s done more, and he seems to actually be happy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-02-18 17.27.52.png
Screenshot 2022-02-18 17.30.08.png

Did he take the sink out with him then? Does it have wheels? Did he drive it outdoors? Also doesn't look like he's had a 1970s blowdry.

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
  • Sad
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
What has happened here is that at some point Jack has bought a load of dried beans and rather than do something useful has decided to decant them into containers which she would gently label. Perhaps she was planning a series of photos for her pay pigs 'Mung Beans: Thorpe Bay', 'Red Lentils: Shitty Bungalow' etc. Unfortunately being a complete clownshoe she's mixed up some of the more unusual beans and cannot admit it because reasons.

• Haha
  • Heart

floozifer

I was never a jack recipe fan but originally thought she was sorta sound on politics etc .in fact I posted a guardian article of hers on Facebook once...when I Daniel Blake came out. ( was shortly after that I started seeing some criticism of her). So in some sort of weird sense of solidarity or duty or somesuch misguided thing I thought I ought to try and like her food, especially as others raved so much about her.

So each book I dutifully got from the library and each book I realised had NOTHING in that I hadn't got in a hundred other books except her version was a ruin.Still I persisted....till I reached peach and chickpea curry.I cooked it, I ,ate it, small boys ate it. Yummy we will have that again I thought.Then I looked at the recipe again. I had tripled the amount of chickpeas, halved the peaches , added 2 extra cloves of garlic, a big squirt of tomato puree ,chucked in a tin of coconut milk and finally...... added half a jar of pataks curry paste.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 76

LavaFlake

VIP Member
It genuinely tickles me how much space her barely suppressed hatred for Jamie Oliver takes up in her head. Because he's successful? Worked hard? Wealthy? Cooks solid food? You could have been/done all these things bab.

Did his family help him at the start? Almost a bit like when your pappa got you a job at the fire station that you ballsed up hun.

She's definitely letting the success go to her head if she feels brave enough to do this though. One day she'll fly to close to the sun...

And a smol dig at Sir Matt of the Forearms?
SmartSelect_20220218-144033_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Spinning Plates Episode 21 Feb. 15th 2021 Transcription part three

SEB asks about SB's "unusual" childhood.

JM:..I've had to explain to him...you can't do things like shout out in school, "my mum's famous".

JM tells quite a sweet anecdote about SB being in the green room at This Morning and Jack coming back from her bit to find him riding around on Mo Farrah's shoulders. There's more general SB chat.

JM:..I don't talk about those kinds of things (meeting famous people) at the dinner table because it's just a bit gauche.

JM:...there was a period when he (SB) would repeatedly ask about why Daddy couldn't live with us...I was like, we don't have the room, Daddy's got two other children, Daddy's got a wife...I did wonder...maybe we could just amalgamate into this commune and co-parent each other (Transcribers note: I think Daddy's wife might not have been too keen on that, can you imagine it?)

JM:..then his (SB's father) relationship didn't work and SB really pumped it up and was "so can Daddy come and live with us now?" (I explained) Mummy loves girls and so Mummy's partners have all been women...he was fine after that.

They talk about co-parenting and get onto Jack's relationship with SB's grandfather (SB's dad's dad).

JM: When it came out that I'd been struggling he (the grandad) absolutely bollocked me.

The chat moves onto Jack having ADHD.

JM:...(because of the ADHD) I've thrown my hat into some rings and I'm like "I'm going to be vegan now" and because of the arthritis that didn't work out so well for me, I needed fish, and Omega 5...for my joints...People were really disappointed in me...I never asked for my life to be lived in public, everything I I do with puppyish good intentions...people weaponize mistakes.

Jack goes on to say that a famous friend of hers told her he didn't put every waking thought on Twitter, but she says that's not a option for her.

JM:...I like to reach out...say hey people send me pictures of your dog...I'm sad make me happy again...

They chat about media perceptions.

JM: I just carry on, bumbling along like a little puppy (Transcribers note: the tweeness makes my teeth hurt) shouting about things that excite me...or irk me.

SEB brings up the Katie Hopkins court case. Jack talks about the abuse she got from it, death threats and threats of sexual violence. Apparently at one time she had thirteen thousand examples of extreme abuse about her screenshotted on her phone, but she had recently deleted them.

The chat moves on.

JM:...I'm doing occasional commercial partnerships with brands which align with my values. (Transcribers note: Del Monte have been accused of crimes against humanity)

They talk about Jack's lawyer, she apparently recommends him to the many people who contact her about taking legal action.

JM:...I've become something of a quiet go to (for people waning to sue for libel) ...I say, I can put you in touch with people or I can glance it over (Transcribers note: has lawyer Jack been spotted before?) I always say you have to be prepared because once you take it on you can't back out , 'cause if you back out of a pro bono legal case you are liable for all the fees...people say to me it's so brave of you to pursue it to the end but it wasn't. I was told I'd be liable for three hundred grand and I only had about forty quid in my bank account. (Transcribers note: I'm pretty sure it's been established it wasn't pro bono, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The last twenty minutes or so are about Jack coming out as/being non binary and general chats about trans issues. This portion I don't feel fully comfortable picking to bits as its a sensitive issue, and it's not that relevant to the timeline.

The end

I've realised I left out a short section where Jack talks about a time towards the end of the poverty when she would go to local council meetings most days and sit in the gallery, just her and a reporter. Many of her "bloody raging" essays came from these meetings. I was wondering what she had done with SB during the many days she was in the public gallery, or did she take him? I can't see toddlers being very welcome at local council meeting and I really wish SEB had asked her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 74