Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I have had periods of insomnia (thanks to peri menopause it’s rearing their ugly head again).
It’s not like being awake at night. You are DESPERATE to sleep but can’t, my brain was fried. I couldn’t even really watch tv as I couldn’t concentrate, let alone read hair dye instructions. It’s not extra fun hours in the night, it’s like living in a nightmare of fog.
to me it reads shes just getting those hours sleep elsewhere.
Dinosnores

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Powershower

Chatty Member
Desperately trying to catch up for a few days. Why does her hair have so much texture, and her food so little??? It really jumps off the page at you; touching it would take you back in time to the school disco, slow dancing with a boy whose hair was absolutely crunchy with gel. Not a good look, ya prune!

I did a chaos recently, I was a contestant on a TV show here and after it was screened I went viral(!!!).I didn't actually watch it because I hadn't enjoyed the filming day, but suddenly videos of me were appearing on meme accounts, people were sending me links to Tiktok and Twitter threads about me, creepy men were trying to add me on Facebook etc etc. I was even on some news sites (in the shit news section though). It's been very surreal.

Now I got a lot of nice messages from people, but I'm 1000% sure that there were plenty of shitty comments made about me. No one directly sent me anything mean, though, so I just...didn't go looking. I didn't read any of the comments anywhere, unless someone tagged me, then I just hit like and left the page. I glanced at the first tweets/videos/whatever then didn't read the subsequent threads. I didn't scour all social media for comments about the show to start online arguments. I didn't do a Thread 31, basically.

And it was so, so easy. Because really, I don't give a shit what random people online think of me. I care about my friends, and they all had a laugh and loved the way I came across. But people I don't even know and am never going to meet? Nah. It made me think of Tattle, and Jack and all the others who obsessively read what's posted here, and TBH I pity them. It's a form of self-flagellation - why do it?

PS my friends who kept sending me links saying "oh my god look, you're on X account!" NEVER sent me any negative comments, like Jack claimed happened with Tattle back in the day. Because unlike Jack's friends, they a) are nice people, and b) exist.
You’re not the Liberal Democrat of moles are ya!

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Unless I missed it, she’s changed her bio from ‘Professional word wrangler…’ to just ‘word wrangler…’. See that. Admitting indirectly to not being professional. That’s growth, that is.
Your avatar is truly terrifying

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
In a sense, this 31st December deadline isn't too important. Currently the only two things that will stop the company being struck off in February are (1) filing the 2019/2020 accounts that were due on 31st March this year (3-month extension due to Covid), (2) a creditor of the company objecting to the strike off. If she hasn't paid her corporation tax, which runs on a different schedule timings-wise than filing things with Companies House, and HMRC thinks they can get money out of the company, they will object and hold things up.

If neither of those two things happen, the next thing we'll see is a line in the filing history that reads 'Final Gazette: dissolved via compulsory strike-off' - and that's it, the company's gone. Any assets it owned at the time of strike-off along with any cash become the property of the Crown (although I don't think they'll be too interested in taking ownership of any Cotswold Company sideboards purchased through the company as essential staging props).

It's possible there might be an investigation into Jack's behaviour as a director and she could get disqualified for acting as a director for anything up to 15 years, but this is quite unusual. That said, I know three disqualified directors, but I just obviously have dodgy friends! I don't think at Jack's level of turnover she's going to have anything to worry about on that front.

EDIT: Sorry, SundaySchoolTeacher replied while I was typing! Apologies for duplication!
Just for neatness, are 2020/2021 in 51/2 hours too?

Reactions: 17

OhhBacon

VIP Member
It often goes HMRC’s way as well - unless you are paid in cash that never touched a bank account. They can look through bank records and note all incoming funds as earnings - and you have to then justify the expenses with receipts to offset.
HMRC would charge you to do this?
I just wonder of there is any benefit to not doing it?

Reactions: 15