Jack Monroe #230 Black-ish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20211217-190329_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for including the donation button again this year. I wish the Trussel Trust knew why they were getting so many donations tonight. I wanted to write 'you deserve something more useful than a year's supply of Del Monte tins that were donated for convenience rather than altruism or compassion' but didn't have the courage. I'm glad we do this. We all help each other here and beyond in our own tiny worlds <3

• Heart
Reactions: 66
@Switchstreetz thank space you, that was brilliant. 🦉🦉🦉🦉🍾🍾🍾🍾. Also donating and to my local food bank as well with some extra treats for Xmas. I will obviously be adding post it notes with my name on so they can pull their forelock to me in thanks next time i see them as i must be acknowledged for my generosity . Much love to all fraus & herrs, it's a happy funny place to be part of the community ❤ and a very Merry Christmas to all of you x (weĺling up like a soppy sod again)

Nominee Badger practising her best 'I'm so pleased for you' look for when she loses to Trifle Defender!

View attachment 929788
What a beautiful girl, and a beautiful place you live @Falkor. I pine for the fjords like a Norwegian blue 🧤 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Dear heart @Switchstreetz thank space you from the bottom of my little green/black heart for the absolute delight that was this evening's Sloppies ceremony. I started 🦉🍾 at any curious employees of HMRC and just never stopped. Thank you so much for all the work you put into it, we are lucky ninnies indeed. I am going to send you some celery all the way from Edinburgh as a special reward.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
The Sloppies is the top post (of course). Do you think other threads have a clue the fun we have?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The Trussel Trust must be wondering what is going on this evening 🙀. My first Sloppies and a bit 😭😢 by all your fabulousness. Wonderful event 🎉💐 thank you for inviting me.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I haven’t seen any other thread do an award ceremony, invent a mascot or create their own form of music. Certainly the others don’t seem to have created separate websites as a spin-off. Still I wish them all the best in filling their little worlds up with whatever they do on them, I wouldn’t know, I’m far above that kind of thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
The Sloppies have had me 🦉 🍾
Thank you so much @Switchstreetz 100% the best awards ceremony I’ve ever been to.

I wore Viv, obvs, it’s what she would have wanted. I didn’t sit on a sideboard though, because I am not an attention seeker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I demand a recount. Linda McCartney/Viggles woz robbed. That was by far the best chaos.

Now duck off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Omg I love this / you all! The Swiss Army knife comment is SO true - the immersive experiences and creative output of this coven is mad! WK watch out huns x Also very touched the spreadsheet got a reference ty ❤
Yes! The Swiss Army knife comment was so insightful @Switchstreetz . I really love how no matter what Jack happens to be mithering on about, no matter how obscure, there will be an expert frau on that exact subject.
I think my favourite moment was when we had someone (I’m so sorry I can’t remember who), explaining the nuances of William Morris curtain prints!

I also LOVED the montage of all the “yes absolutely“ comments! It was like one of those scenes in a film where a character remembers all the things different people said to them.

The best part of that montage was @Captainmouse representing the Jack threads, it really DOES happen!

1070C2F1-2398-45CD-8704-F945A6E14FFC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
God I love Trifle Defender. She's the kind of woman that you want to be mates with. You know that joy when you meet eyes across the table with that knowing glance.
Her and everyone here.

Amazing @Switchstreetz- I am in AWE. No more can be said. Whata talented bunch you all are.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
View attachment 930105

Thank you for including the donation button again this year. I wish the Trussel Trust knew why they were getting so many donations tonight. I wanted to write 'you deserve something more useful than a year's supply of Del Monte tins that were donated for convenience rather than altruism or compassion' but didn't have the courage. I'm glad we do this. We all help each other here and beyond in our own tiny worlds <3
I wrote on my donation that i wanted people in need to receive it rather than people like jack monroe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes! The Swiss Army knife comment was so insightful @Switchstreetz . I really love how no matter what Jack happens to be mithering on about, no matter how obscure, there will be an expert frau on that exact subject.
I think my favourite moment was when we had someone (I’m so sorry I can’t remember who), explaining the nuances of William Morris curtain prints!

I also LOVED the montage of all the “yes absolutely“ comments! It was like one of those scenes in a film where a character remembers all the things different people said to them.

The best part of that montage was @Captainmouse representing the Jack threads, it really DOES happen!

View attachment 930285
Jeeee shucks 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you @Switchstreetz that was incredible!

I’ve made my donation to the Trussell Trust and forgot to screenshot it, does that mean it didn’t happen 🙄 A pleasure as always, here’s to a 2022 full of Jackism’s and Facetuned selfies.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Amazing work, @Switchstreetz! That was brilliant. I've donated to my local food bank. Luckily, Tin Can Cook has yet to be translated into catalan, so I'm quietly confident that no one will be slipping a copy into our food bank parcels this year!

In honour of R Jackie, I spent all day on a series of trains and one rail replacement bus, attempting to cross from one side of the Iberian Peninsula to the other. The train company did a chaos and we ended up delayed by almost six hours (on an already very long journey...I eventually decided to give up and get a cheap hotel room, and continue home tomorrow).

Thirteen hours of trains, and no shin-kicking, Tile dropping, mask arguments, or loud discussions about gender with young children. You'll be even more surprised to hear that not one arse fell under the train, which is a common issue here in the Mediterranean.

TBH by about the ninth hour I was wishing for Jack to get onboard - you're guaranteed an eventful journey that way...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.