Jack Monroe #230 Black-ish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like her hair on that picture.
I do as well but I find all these photos focusing on her appearance really challenging.

Depression doesn’t change how you look. It doesn’t make you look like Scrooge. Think about Kate Spade or Robin Williams. All these before and after shots are just fuel to the fire that when you are in the pits of hell you look like you are in the pits of hell, which we all know is 100% untrue.

It is the same as the fact that the majority of people with an ED are not underweight, yet she keeps dropping hints that she is/was, when there is no evidence to that effect.

I understand that she is not in a good place but the way she is misrepresenting MH conditions goes against everything that I have learned about or taught about (for the last lots of years).

If she is on SM, with so many followers, she has a responsibility to those followers. If she is not in a place to be responsible she needs to step away.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Vote 1 for Jack as President of ShitHobbitville

Her company was on the official list (published by HMRC) as being in receipt of furlough payments.
This is wild. She made a song and dance about losing a year's work and paying her assistant herself *ETA because her taxes were late and she didn't qualify!*

Look at this piece of rubbish advertorial, published April 2021.

Sorry your summer al fresco gatherings didn't work out, Jack. Your beige food lockdown diet must have inspired some great postcards, though

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I do as well but I find all these photos focusing on her appearance really challenging.

Depression doesn’t change how you look. It doesn’t make you look like Scrooge. Think about Kate Spade or Robin Williams. All these before and after shots are just fuel to the fire that when you are in the pits of hell you look like you are in the pits of hell, which we all know is 100% untrue.

It is the same as the fact that the majority of people with an ED are not underweight, yet she keeps dropping hints that she is/was, when there is no evidence to that effect.

I understand that she is not in a good place but the way she is misrepresenting MH conditions goes against everything that I have learned about or taught about (for the last lots of years).

If she is on SM, with so many followers, she has a responsibility to those followers. If she is not in a place to be responsible she needs to step away.
Everything single subject she talks about boils down to a stereotype. She doesn't understand anything else.

Two people I know ended their lives this year. One did have prior MH issues and was recently divorced. He had just finished a work qualification, bought a new house and begun a new relationship. The other had spent the day sourcing axolotls for her two youngest children's upcoming birthdays. She had a well established sewing business. Neither were outwardly 'depressed' the way Jack represents whatsoever. She's so uneducated and dangerous

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 91
The ridiculousness of this

"I would say to students that [sic] graduated along with me today... go fill your little worlds up with love and kindness..."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Not another before and after! 😂

That flipping beanie hat pic. We ALL look like that in a beanie hat and hoodie, no makeup on and a gormless expression. What's it supposed to show?!

Laughing at the slightly darker blue denim shirt in that pic. I think I owe you all £800 but I'm going to go and delete that post now and pretend I simply never said it now please leave me alone

• Haha
Reactions: 85
I don't think she claimed furlough from the government, i’m sure she said she was paying Caroline “furlough” out of her own pocket?
Isn’t there an online record of which companies claimed furlough etc? I seem to vaguely recall somebody found it 🤔
by the Same token, wasn’t that how mcfurlough got rumbled, and then paid it back?

Reactions: 22
How is she keeping up with the by election and watching grainy gym halls if she has no TV or wifi service?!
Good point. I was wide awake so put the radio on and it wasn’t being covered on there. I had to put iplayer in my my phone. She must have a lot of data

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.