Jack Monroe #230 Black-ish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone, I’m really confused.

This bright eyes that you keep talking about isn’t the really really sad song from Watership Down is it? Because I am beginning to suspect it isn’t with all the 🤣 going on.

We don’t ever talk about Watership Down in Tunnel household. Saddest Film EVER.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

This bright eyes that you keep talking about isn’t the really really sad song from Watership Down is it? Because I am beginning to suspect it isn’t with all the 🤣 going on.

No that would be too sad! There is a band called Bright Eyes. With Jacks obsession with the light going on/off in her eyes I suspect they are her favourite band 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
No that would be too sad! There is a band called Bright Eyes. With Jacks obsession with the light going on/off in her eyes I suspect they are her favourite band 😂
I always think Jack models her idealised self on the subject of Lua - she fetishises that “oh I’m so damaged and thin and waif-like and troubled and it’s so palpable that even my kisses convey my anguish”. Which is fine when you’re 15 but it gets a bit tragic when you’re 33 with a bungalow full of Cotswold Company furniture.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I always think Jack models her idealised self on the subject of Lua - she fetishises that “oh I’m so damaged and thin and waif-like and troubled and it’s so palpable that even my kisses convey my anguish”. Which is fine when you’re 15 but it gets a bit tragic when you’re 33 with a bungalow full of Cotswold Company furniture.
Yes definitely. Plus a train ride is mentioned on that song!

• Haha
Reactions: 25

[/QUOTE]

I have this mug and love it very much:

1639756639053.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

I made the same mistake last time it was mentioned and got very confused.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'll be dressing up as an excel spreadsheet with an encyclopedia as a hat because I Love Facts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm wearing my greyest most unpleasant underthings, meet you on the Cotswold at Sloppies o'clock!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Don't know where this will land so apologies if I bring the mood down but I had a proper laugh out loud moment at her idea of burnout today.

Last week (I think? I've lost all track of time) I watched a doctor buy a caterpillar cake and eat the entire thing, with a fork, stood up before going back to the ward.

That's the beginning of burnout, chica.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

In homage to Jacks emo phase I’ll be wearing my best black parade outfit. I’ll also be listening to a playlist of HIM, Panic at the disco, Bright Eyes, The Used etc. Basically the kind of music I listen to anyway which I’m trying not to let Jack ruin!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 929356

This is my outfit . Steampunk leggings, movicol T-shirt with the Bristol sticky poo stool chart , a scarf I found in a puddle near court ,and confusingly birds with gloves on them. To hide the tattoos on my arms that would definitely have signalled me out as being too poor and maverick to be a ninny , ,ive covered them with a tattoo sleeve top from the kids section at Asda. I’ve put new yellow laces in my boots because the light has gone back in my eyes today , and have glued them back together especially- this is why they are next to me and not on my feet - I had to sell all my lightbulbs this morning to buy the glue, and no I couldn’t do it earlier despite knowing about the date of the Sloppies for ages because I’ve been BUSY! As it’s almost Christmas, I have put a bit of glittery make up on. It might look a bit much on screen but in real life , it gives me a subtle shimmer .

i’m sure many of you will love my outfit as much as me, so I’ve printed and framed a few copies.and I will be working 29 hour days to ensure they reach you all by Christmas Day 2025 💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
Wow! that is equally amazing and disturbing! 👏🏻😆👏🏻

I will be dressed as Nigella’s garden, and if anyone wants a lift I’ll be arriving on a sleigh found on a driveway in Hammersmith.

14659F2D-3CC6-4342-8C1C-D61DC922CA1E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
1639759699058.png

I went to my mums at the weekend and dug this out from the attic. I used to wear it with a black push up bra underneath in the 90s with those low slung jeans and silver trainers. Come 6 o clock I will wear it again. Its what Viv would have wanted.

Side note: Its still in great condition after all these years. I saved for months and worked hard for this and remember the thill of buying it in London.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.