Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
Can I make a suggestion for using venison? Dice it up and put it in the slow cooker with onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes, big blob of tomato puree, diced sweet potato and a tin of kidney or black beans in chilli sauce. Plus some salt and pepper. Leave it on low and then take the lid off for the last bit so it reduces down a bit. If it's still not quite 'there' add some redcurrant jelly/cranberry sauce and some fresh Thyme (or Coriander, they aren't the same, but both work well with the other flavours).
Thank you will try this tomorrow.

Reactions: 13

fauxpoor

Not the goats 😭

Sometimes I wish there wasn't anonymity so I could help you lovely Fraus in whatever limited capability I have ❤

God that was me centering, sorry! How many I's 🙄 im doing a Jack. But seriously. Would love to help x
sorry babes 🥰

• Haha

Vroo

Some of the square endy bits were the size of 4 slices! But the skinny ones were brilliant for fried bread in the absence of white scone. And the oblong shape good for a square sausage piece. I'm having a full Scottish breakfast including sliced haggis on Sunday now 😋😋
Haha not often I hear piece these days!

@traumatised sideboard, not to 🔺️ myself further... but yes lots of accidents and skewerings. The armour is incredibly heavy, especially when you drop it on your foot 🙈 and if you don't have some form of bruise from the weapons then have you been playing right 🤣. To keep it on topic with Jack, someone once thought the armour was just made of tinfoil 🤷‍♀️. (Although to be fair they do come back like they've been in an oven like a roasted chicken). Has Jack ever talked about a proper roast chicken dinner (obviously a 90% vegan chicken, which I'm sure most chicken are apart from the odd worm they eat 🤣🤣) and the multiple meals you can get out of one? (Although that takes me back to my MN days 🤣)
Vlad agrees about the chicken.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Cunderthunt

I'd probably keep quiet on that idea, as I think I'd probably offend the large number of Indian/Hindu/Jain students by suggesting 'we' white people thought of not eating animal products first. Or Buddhist. Or Taoist. Or anywhere that still follows Orthodox/Catholic dietary rules for lent.

I think the English/British strength in food is that - like the countries concerned - we have no compunction about seeing something we like that somebody else has and claiming it as our own. Which is pretty shit if you think about it in post Colonial terms, as millions of people have died just to keep us in Cinnamon, spices, sugar, tea and everything else, but it also means we have less of a 'ewww, can't have that because it's foreign' (yes, I know far too many people are like that, but most of them also eat things like baked beans and Christmas Cake) and more of a 'Let's try it. Oooh, that's nice, what else can we put it into?' attitude. So the strength is the willingness to try, like, adapt and really, to assimilate foods and flavourings from literally anywhere else in the world.
Excuse me? I never said that in the slightest. I said that England was the birthplace of veganism as an organised movement. Which it was. Vegans and vegetarians are very happy that not eating animals has a long history all over the world.

On international day, everyone gets to celebrate their country. It's a sweet and innocent day for children. There is no need to self-flagellate and talk about horrors. All countries have good and bad in their histories.

(Edit: thanks for this edit: "{ETA: sorry if that's pissed you off, Cunder, but a bunch of posh white people in the middle of the 20th Century really didn't think of not using animals first)" but NOBODY - not me or any other vegan - claimed to think of not eating animals first. And why denigrate us as "posh white people"?)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12