Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm from Sussex and I can't hear any difference between Jack and young middle class women here. I think the middle class sound the same across most of the south.

Reactions: 24
I'm from Sussex and I can't hear any difference between Jack and young middle class women here. I think the middle class sound the same across most of the south.
Yeh, she would say she's from 'Southend' whereas I would say 'saaaafend'

Reactions: 28
why does it look like an ad for one of those alarms for elderly people when they fall over?

"nanna jack, 42, would be stuck on the floor forever without her trusty senior alarm"

Reactions: 100
I see the life saving Mediterranean arse is making a huge appearance.

Reactions: 44
What in the name of all that is holy would possess her to take a staged "napping at my desk because I'm so hardworking" pic and post it to 325k people. She truly can't help herself, and has gone so far beyond any memes we could ever make of her now. I cannot stop laughing at it.

Reactions: 71
Unless you’re conning every gullible f****r possible to pay for it (tip jar rattler extraordinaire)

Reactions: 23
One of the following things happened here:
- Jack took the photo herself on a timer. (Pathetic.)
- SB took the photo while she slept. (Sad and worrying for SB, who as she likes to remind us, is only 10.)
- LC took the photo while she slept. (Unlikely because she's a grown up and BUSY.)

None of the options are great really.

ETA: Shit, I forgot Cooper...

Last edited:
Reactions: 75
Wow. Just got round to watching this. I thought this eejit was in the midst of writing a poverty tome yet can't answer a simple question like "what practical measures would you like to see" and instead waffles crap for minutes, and no Jack, sorry, vouchers are a sticking plaster not a long term solution to poverty!

My god BBC get a grip and stop booking this fool!

Reactions: 44

WAKE UP!
Do some cooking or something useful. Remember tins/lockdown/bootstrap style cooking? No, I thought not.

Reactions: 37
This entry is about Jack's regret at not voting in the 2010 general election, or "recently" (I assume in local elections), and she encourages others to vote. She seems to support Labour, Lib Dems and the Greens. (Oh and that she'd lived in her flat for 5 months. That's a long time for someone who moved 24 times during The Poverty).

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...ck.com/2012/03/05/voting-why-should-i-bother/

During the arguments with Corbynites, didn't she claim she had always voted Labour? Did she ever say she didn't vote in 2010?

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.