J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could someone explain what's happened with JK Rowling and the trans comments shes made?
I really struggled to get my head around the facts and opinions of everything that happened last year. She's always been a huge inspiration to me

Reactions: 4
Could someone explain what's happened with JK Rowling and the trans comments shes made?
I really struggled to get my head around the facts and opinions of everything that happened last year. She's always been a huge inspiration to me
The “trans comments”:

If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.

The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women—i.e., to male violence—‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences—is a nonsense.
I personally can’t spot the supposed transphobia, can you? Perhaps it was the part where she said she knows some trans people, and loves them, or maybe the part where she talks about feeling empathetic towards trans women who are victims of male violence, who knows? But whatever it was, it led to this:

340C75CF-3CF2-497C-BCC5-53948B7D1FE9.jpeg
D7D58E7B-4591-44F9-98FC-92D8A6F39870.jpeg
E3046C62-C715-4637-BA0E-9DAAA6B6CA9A.jpeg
0D7D3B35-3529-4AEC-BD70-A0753451A824.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
And lady Watson NEVER said anything about these disgusting threats. Stayed silent whilst jk Rowling had to endure all of it.

• Sad
  • Angry
This is Jo’s essay.

The reason she has been called transphobic (among many other things less pleasant) is because she asserts the importance of sex and the language used to describe women as female people and wrote about her concerns that the reality of sex - and the lived experience of women - is being erased in an effort to be “inclusive”.

I’ve read this piece many times and I still can’t find what is apparently so hateful about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And lady Watson NEVER said anything about these disgusting threats. Stayed silent whilst jk Rowling had to endure all of it.
And neither did Daniel “I am deeply sorry for the pain those comments have caused you” Radcliffe and Rupert “not an authority on the debate but silence is louder” Grint.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
And neither did Daniel “I am deeply sorry for the pain those comments have caused you” Radcliffe and Rupert “not an authority on the debate but silence is louder” Grint.
Because they know they’d get crucified by the woke mob.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
The “trans comments”:

I personally can’t spot the supposed transphobia, can you? Perhaps it was the part where she said she knows some trans people, and loves them, or maybe the part where she talks about feeling empathetic towards trans women who are victims of male violence, who knows? But whatever it was, it led to this:

View attachment 491742View attachment 491743View attachment 491744View attachment 491745
This is Jo’s essay.

The reason she has been called transphobic (among many other things less pleasant) is because she asserts the importance of sex and the language used to describe women as female people and wrote about her concerns that the reality of sex - and the lived experience of women - is being erased in an effort to be “inclusive”.

I’ve read this piece many times and I still can’t find what is apparently so hateful about it.
Thanks for clearing that up for me! I told someone that I find JKR inspirational and they bit my head off, so was a little lost! But no where does it sound like JK is transphobic.

Also apologises in my original question where I put "trans comments", I wrote it in a bit of a rush and I realise I could of put it in a better way

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for clearing that up for me! I told someone that I find JKR inspirational and they bit my head off, so was a little lost! But no where does it sound like JK is transphobic.

Also apologises in my original question where I put "trans comments", I wrote it in a bit of a rush and I realise I could of put it in a better way
No need for apologies at all, I only realised reading back afterwards when I put “trans comments” that it sounded sarcastic, I didn’t mean it to be at but it was too late to edit! My own defence is that I inserted it last minute in a rush too as the original post looked odd just starting with a quote 🙈

I think the majority of people that are condemning her, and people who are fans of hers/say they agree with her haven’t read anything behind the headlines and the spin articles** and so have come to that conclusion.

**Which, thinking about it... might not actually be their fault... I mean, people often get told to “educate themselves” (I hate that sneering phrase) but when article after article are saying the same thing, especially when the story broke, it’s not illogical that they’d come away with that conclusion, if they had did just that and “educated themselves”. There’s more of a shift in recent times on how it’s reported but the majority are still spinning it. It’s only when people get linked to what she actually said that some start questioning the supposed transphobia.

Reactions: 12
I'm not in the UK at the moment, so I'm curious what perspective 'transwomen are women' believers have on the current social media campaign. Any recognition of the fact that we are at a biological disadvantage and subject to so much sexual harassment we stop registering it? That being a woman isn't a state of mind?

Reactions: 10
Rupert has just had a daughter so he might now be clocking on to the fact that biology is real, now he has skin in the game. Pathetic coward.

I live in Brighton and I have raised my daughter here so I have lived and breathed the whole trans / non-binary / i’m-so-special thing with her and all her little mates. Now their in their early 20s they are so over this tit. The trans trend is fading so fast that the adult wokesters who bought into this are going to be left with serious egg on their face.

Last edited:
I’m struggling to reconcile ‘live your authentic self’ with TWAW, because they are trans women, or trans people and that’s authentic and valuable and they should be supported. But they are not women. Gender is a construct but science is real and important.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is deranged. And of course his jumper says bimbo because that's what desirable women are and this is in no way a fetish
i always laugh at that. she still has your coin and you've just destroyed the item you got from giving away said coins.

Reactions: 11
I still can’t believe we’re now in the fourth edition of this topic and yet the first one started out as an anti-JK thread and turned into a love in for her (and rightly so) 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.