IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Advice and support thread for those with longer term fertility struggles starting treatments and IVF

Reactions: 5
Thank you for making this thread 🤍

I’m sure a few lovely supportive ladies will move over from the ttc thread. Shall we do a little re-introduction?

I’m 32, partner is 34. I’ve been off contraception for over 5 years, trying for 2. No joy, obviously! I’ve just made the first step to get our fertility tested.

Reactions: 9
We are 35&38 I started tracking ovulation and officially trying at the start of this year but never been on contraception. No real issues other than I have a history of endometriosis (not in the uterus or on ovaries) and found out at most recent scan last week that I have one slightly polycystic ovary but I don’t have PCOS and still ovulating every month from the good one. He has started on Impryl recommended by our Dr and plan is to go ahead with IVF in Feb 23 but still praying for a miracle

Reactions: 8
I’m 28, hubby is 40 we’re looking to go private ivf/icsi in the new year once he returns home from deployment around Christmas time (). Having to go private due to him having children from a previous relationship. Been trying for 3 years with no luck, I have pcos and polycystic ovaries.

Took a break from the ttc thread whilst he’s been deployed but have been lurking in the background, thank you for making this thread 🤍

Reactions: 7
Hi all, im 34 and hub is 35
I came off the pill after being on it for about 15 years approx 4-5 years ago. Been trying for approx 18 mths/2 years. Approached GP a few months ago and both been for initial tests and referred to Gynae. I’ve been told there’s an appt for me
With consultant at hospital in January but no letter yet.
not sure how I feel about ivf but this Thread may shed some light for me

Reactions: 8
Same for us having to go private, it doesn’t feel fair when it’s the woman who hasn’t got children herself. I have managed to get some of my blood tests via my GP though which clinic will accept if less than 3 months old so at least a tiny saving there.

Reactions: 2
It does feel like a massive kick in the teeth sometimes, I have a terrible habit of saying things like “it’s not fair when I’m the one with the issue/ I feel like I’m being punished etc” but always get told to remember it’s not an issue, it’s not my fault, it’s just a speed bump in our journey!

We’re very lucky we’ve found a clinic about 50 minutes away from us that do an all inclusive package the price is set (incredibly cheaper than all other local clinics) and they accept all the nhs test results we’ve had within 12 months.

It looks like we could possibly be going through it all at similar times so here if you ever need a chat!

Reactions: 3
Hi! We’re both 32. Off contraception nearly 3 years, awaiting our funding to be approved for IVF. Nervous and excited.

Reactions: 10
38 and trying for 2 years. Feeling so alone. We’ve been tested- just waiting for appointment and to lose weight x

Reactions: 6
Hey, currently been trying for 3 years, I have PCOS - have seen a fertility doctor but my BMI is currently around a stone too high. We have debated going private as I would be eligible but seems a bit silly when we could have it for free. Just need to work harder on losing weight! My GP did suggest metformin a couple of weeks ago and said to go back if I wanted it so currently researching that if anyone has any advice/knowledge on it, it would be appreciated

Hello everyone I’m 31 and my husband is 37. We’ve been trying for about 3.5 years now with no luck. I’m another one with polycystic ovaries but not PCOS, although I am ovulating regularly so our infertility is ‘unexplained’. My husband has a child from a previous relationship so we’ve had to go private too.

We started IVF in October but unfortunately I developed OHSS and so we couldn’t have a fresh embryo transfer as planned. We’ve got 3 day-5 blastocysts in the freezer so planning to do a transfer in January once the madness of December is over

Reactions: 2
Such a shame that you’re discounted from treatment if your partner already has a child! It’s disgusting actually! I’m sorry you’re being penalised for that.

I listened to a podcast yesterday with Jo Joyner talking about IVF (it was giovanna fletchers podcast, I don’t actually like her but did listen), what was funny is that she was talking about being part of an online forum talking about IVF and no one knew it was her. So strange a bunch of ladies were chatting to Tanya Branning from eastenders and had no idea

Reactions: 4
Hi all!

Thank you for making this thread! I'm 28 and hubs 27, trying for a year and half and been referred to the the fertility clinic, done all the GP tests and found male factor infertility, low morphology if anyone is similar?

I'm sorry that you ladies are having to go private that is so unfair, I have seen a petition going around socials to get this changed, I will see if I can find the link to share if you ladies would like me too?

Reactions: 4
Yeh do share, it won’t help me but I’ll sign it if it helps others in future. It’s a shame because my area is generous and quite relaxed with what they do offer when you qualify, single women only need 3 IUI’s for example before a round of IVF is covered whereas other areas they require 6 or even more but it’s a nope if either have children.

What morphology is your husband? My OH is 4% which is the lowest end of normal that’s why they suggested impryl for us. We ordered online from fertility friend.

Reactions: 1
My partners morphology is 1%, every test for me has come back normal. The consultant at the fertility clinic said it wasn’t completely out the question for us to conceive naturally just difficult and unlikely so we will need ICSI. He started on supplements but unfortunately yet to see an improvement. I have read a lot of success stories with improvements made after lifestyle change, supplements, no alcohol etc.

I can't find it anymore I have definitely seen it though!

His Morphology was 1% then he had a second test and went up to 2% after we've reduced alcohol intake and started taking supplements from the book It Starts with the Egg. All I've been told is that we need extra help and that we are being referred. I've never heard of impryl but will look into it, thank you

It’s only a multivitamin really, women can take it too x

Hi everyone! So happy someone set this up, we are both 34, have a 6 year old who was conceived totally naturally and have been trying for 3.5 years for a second. Did one IUI last year, unsuccessful, and afterwards husband got semen dna fragmentation test done, results were poor, so we have been saving for ICSI ever since. In Ireland there is no public fertility clinics sp such a minefield as to what clinic to go to, in the end I just decided to go to my closest one as I don't want the stress of having to drive into the city centre for scans and appointments etc. Just got bloods and prescription today, I'm CD5 so will be waiting for next cycle to start my Gonal F injections. Really nervous about the egg retrieval procedure, have heard it's painful, anyone else been through that?

Hello, I had my egg retrieval back in October. The actual procedure itself was under anaesthetic so not painful at all and I don’t remember anything until I came round in recovery afterwards. I was a little bit sore and crampy for a day or two afterwards but I managed with paracetamol and taking it easy. Good luck - you’ll be fine!