IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CD1 for me so hopefully we will be doing our FET in January 2023! Just booked my CD10 scan to check my lining, which will hopefully be OK for them to give us a date for the transfer đŸ€žđŸ»
Oh good luck! Did you start meds and all today? First day of my cycle was on the 27th, clinic is closed so can't get scans etc hoping to do our first round of IVF in my next cycle which starts mid Jan

Oh good luck! Did you start meds and all today? First day of my cycle was on the 27th, clinic is closed so can't get scans etc hoping to do our first round of IVF in my next cycle which starts mid Jan
I’ve started progynova today (CD2) and that’s all I’ve been prescribed until I’ve had my scan and the clinic tell me when to start on the progesterone pessaries (dreading those 😂).

Sorry your clinic was closed - how annoying! Hopefully it won’t feel too long until your next cycle and you can get going đŸ€žđŸ»

Reactions: 1
My partners results came back abnormal. Abnormal sperm morphology. Doctor told him to get a second test done. Have a feeling it’s going to be a funny road from here.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel really rubbish today, we have a counselling appointment today to talk about how we feel about it failing! Plus also got an email from the clinic ‘ a summary of treatment’ and I really do feel like a failure that it didn’t work! I just want to hide away from the world and be given a break!

• Heart
My partners results came back abnormal. Abnormal sperm morphology. Doctor told him to get a second test done. Have a feeling it’s going to be a funny road from here.
Hopefully ICSI will provide ye with a better option than just straight IVF ❀

I feel really rubbish today, we have a counselling appointment today to talk about how we feel about it failing! Plus also got an email from the clinic ‘ a summary of treatment’ and I really do feel like a failure that it didn’t work! I just want to hide away from the world and be given a break!
Definitely ok to take a break if you need it, the whole thing is very intense isn't it, like everyday of every month has some significance, either you're trying or waiting to try etc

Hopefully ICSI will provide ye with a better option than just straight IVF ❀

Definitely ok to take a break if you need it, the whole thing is very intense isn't it, like everyday of every month has some significance, either you're trying or waiting to try etc
It really is, I didn’t find the counselling very helpful it was over the phone and it turns out we can’t continue it because I already have my own counselling so it would be a conflict of interest. It makes you question a lot of things. The thing I can’t get my head around is being told we both have no issues and there is no reason for it not working to only getting 1/2 embryos to that embryo not even taking. Your sort of given false hope, which really don’t help someone who has had bad mental health in the past!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi all, followed this group as we seem to be suffering from unexplained infertility. Trying for 2 years, no success. Had my ultrasound and bloods and my husband had his semen tests and all came back normal. My periods have been really light the last couple of years and i am worried I am going to get bad news and only blame myself that I left it too late. I’m 34 - 35 in April - and my mum went through early menopause in her early 40s same as the previous poster.
i have my first gynae consultant appt next week and just wondering what I should expect

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all, followed this group as we seem to be suffering from unexplained infertility. Trying for 2 years, no success. Had my ultrasound and bloods and my husband had his semen tests and all came back normal. My periods have been really light the last couple of years and i am worried I am going to get bad news and only blame myself that I left it too late. I’m 34 - 35 in April - and my mum went through early menopause in her early 40s same as the previous poster.
i have my first gynae consultant appt next week and just wondering what I should expect
Your situation sounds very similar to mine, we too have been ttc tor 2 years and told unexplained fertility. I hope you get a positive outcome đŸ€ž

• Heart
I feel so drained today. My sister is the second person to tell me she's pregnant this week and I hate myself for being overcome with jealousy and self pity.
We are due to start our only round of NHS funded IVF on my next cycle which should be next week and I still feel absolutely devastated. How evil a person can I be to not feel overcome with happiness for them?

Sorry. I know this post probably won't go down well and I apologize sincerely. I just needed to vent.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel so drained today. My sister is the second person to tell me she's pregnant this week and I hate myself for being overcome with jealousy and self pity.
We are due to start our only round of NHS funded IVF on my next cycle which should be next week and I still feel absolutely devastated. How evil a person can I be to not feel overcome with happiness for them?

Sorry. I know this post probably won't go down well and I apologize sincerely. I just needed to vent.
I was the same with my sister. I think these feelings are more common than we think, they’re just not voiced often. It helps me to remember they’re pregnant with their own baby not mine! You’re not alone xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

They’re 100% normal. You’re upset about what you don’t have not what they do. I know exactly how you feel. I’m 44 and tried everything to get pregnant but nothing worked and we’ve had to accept it’s just us 2. It still stings when I hear any pregnancy announcement even now, I don’t wish infertility on anyone so while I’m so desperately sad for us I’m glad they don’t have any of this pain. It’s perfectly normal to be sad and upset so don’t beat yourself up about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

You’re not evil at all! I hope your round of Ivf works, fingers crossed for you x

We have just had our appointment to go over why the ivf failed and honestly it just makes you feel so disheartened! There is nothing really we can do differently which will make a difference on the outcome. My husband says I shouldn’t be so negative as I just feel like a failure, being told we had no issues and ivf should work for us and then it doesn’t!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
You’re not evil at all! I hope your round of Ivf works, fingers crossed for you x

We have just had our appointment to go over why the ivf failed and honestly it just makes you feel so disheartened! There is nothing really we can do differently which will make a difference on the outcome. My husband says I shouldn’t be so negative as I just feel like a failure, being told we had no issues and ivf should work for us and then it doesn’t!
Oh I know how you feel. This whole inability to get pregnant/stay pregnant just makes you feel like such a failure. It’s so easy apparently, at school they’d basically tell you that every time you had sex you’d get pregnant. If only! I would say to try and go into each cycle with hope. It’s even a miracle that treatment is available to give it a try. Wish it wasn’t so bloody expensive when the odds are against you. You never know though, next time could be the lucky time for you!

• Heart

Thank you everyone for being so kind in your responses ❀

The feeling of failure is so huge isn't it?! We have "unexplained infertility" and we know everything is good with him, and everything is ok with me except for a low AMH level (1), but we've been trying for 4 years!

I've tried to turn everything around in my mind and am thinking that all the pregnancy announcements this week and the birth of my friends baby this weekend are all good signs that we will have success, so crossing everything my period will come tomorrow and we can start the round, although it's actually due Thursday / Friday so might have to wait until Monday to start the FSH injections.

I hope your appointment went ok and sending lots of hope your way and to everyone else on this thread.

You’re definitely not evil ❀ I can totally relate to being happy for someone at the same time as being heartbroken for yourself. I felt the same when my sister announced her pregnancy, and at various milestones throughout tbh. Now my nephew is here it’s much easier to separate her experience from mine, if that makes sense.

Hello all warriors (if you're struggling with infertility you're a warrior!).

An insight on my story.
TTC for 7 years got brushed with the same old paintbrush "pcos symptoms will go away if you lose weight"....I was even under clinical trial in UK (bambini trial) I lost weight under the trial but did it make my symptoms go away? Like f**k did it! Gynaecology/fertility won't even touch you for 1st 2 years of ttc. Even when I was reffered to fertility I waited a year for my 1st appointment. Partner was tested and has low count. Booked 2nd appointment got cancelled 3 times in 1 year then opted for IVF abroad. Appointment was ready April 2020....COVID LOCKDOWN!

Fast forward April 2022 had HSG blood tests etc ready for IVF in May. Everything looked good (apart from 1 blocked fallopian tube). I arrived for treatment May had USS and found a polyps the size of golf ball (this is what was blocking my tube) so I had polypectomy and had to waited for next cycle to transfer embryos (retrived/fertilised 12 eggs and 7 made it to day 5 embryo). Transfered 2 embryos. 1 split to twins so ended up with triplets!....unfortunately miscarried. Had tests on endometrial lining etc and have very abnormal endometrial function (95 percentile) which means I'm prone to miscarriages & need steroid treatment for FET. I have also been diagnosed with estrogen dominance endometrial hyperplasia (atypical cells). On high dose of steroid treatment & progesterone to suppress estrogen. Got 2nd endometrial ablation in and biopsy in March to check progress. If all clear then FET in May. If not then low dose chemo treatment or hysterectomy.

Throughout all this I felt like my Gynaecologist in the UK failed me for always brushing me off. Every appointment I had with Gynaecologist they didn't even examine me or ultrasound it was simply check height and weight then tell me I'm too fat lose weight. I lost weight got BMI to below 30 then they said get it to 25. So was always pushed away for my weight when my sister in law is size 22 had IVF and it worked for her.

That's my story. Please tell me yours đŸ„°đŸ„°

• Heart
Just had my endometrial lining scan and I’m all booked in for frozen embryo transfer on Tuesday next week đŸ«Ł

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello all warriors (if you're struggling with infertility you're a warrior!).

An insight on my story.
TTC for 7 years got brushed with the same old paintbrush "pcos symptoms will go away if you lose weight"....I was even under clinical trial in UK (bambini trial) I lost weight under the trial but did it make my symptoms go away? Like f**k did it! Gynaecology/fertility won't even touch you for 1st 2 years of ttc. Even when I was reffered to fertility I waited a year for my 1st appointment. Partner was tested and has low count. Booked 2nd appointment got cancelled 3 times in 1 year then opted for IVF abroad. Appointment was ready April 2020....COVID LOCKDOWN!

Fast forward April 2022 had HSG blood tests etc ready for IVF in May. Everything looked good (apart from 1 blocked fallopian tube). I arrived for treatment May had USS and found a polyps the size of golf ball (this is what was blocking my tube) so I had polypectomy and had to waited for next cycle to transfer embryos (retrived/fertilised 12 eggs and 7 made it to day 5 embryo). Transfered 2 embryos. 1 split to twins so ended up with triplets!....unfortunately miscarried. Had tests on endometrial lining etc and have very abnormal endometrial function (95 percentile) which means I'm prone to miscarriages & need steroid treatment for FET. I have also been diagnosed with estrogen dominance endometrial hyperplasia (atypical cells). On high dose of steroid treatment & progesterone to suppress estrogen. Got 2nd endometrial ablation in and biopsy in March to check progress. If all clear then FET in May. If not then low dose chemo treatment or hysterectomy.

Throughout all this I felt like my Gynaecologist in the UK failed me for always brushing me off. Every appointment I had with Gynaecologist they didn't even examine me or ultrasound it was simply check height and weight then tell me I'm too fat lose weight. I lost weight got BMI to below 30 then they said get it to 25. So was always pushed away for my weight when my sister in law is size 22 had IVF and it worked for her.

That's my story. Please tell me yours đŸ„°đŸ„°
That is typical of GPs for all conditions not just infertility, fob you off if you’re overweight. People who are overweight get pregnant every day of the week as do people with PCOS. It’s enrages me that it’s used as an excuse to get rid of you rather than be weight neutral and do the required testing. I would recommend saying something like “if I came in here as an average sized woman what tests would you refer me for and request they’re done anyway while you take care of improving your diet and exercise regime in the mean time”. Precious time is wasted waiting on proper treatment and when you’re fighting against your biological time is of the essence. I hope you get better news in the months to come as this is one of the most stressful thing you can go through.

Are any of you at a private clinic? We have been thinking we may go private so any advice would be fab â˜ș