It’s Em #5 Warty, Forty but definitely not sporty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does her younger brother have kids with his partner yet?

I wonder how she will feel if/when that day comes. It could go either way for her when the baby stays over at grandma's. She can go play dress up in her room whilst her mum looks after the other baby :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
She will feel happy for her brother but it leaves you with a feeling of sadness and emptiness in the pit of your stomach.

I know this is a gossip site but I find the criticism of her infertility really difficult to read. Whether you are struggling to conceive, have been diagnosed with infertility or lost babies, every time someone close to you announces a pregnancy it hurts. You are so happy for them but have that pang of jealousy and why isn't it me. It doesn't get easier, you see them growing this little human and all the Facebook pictures of scans, bumps, baby showers just reinforce what you are missing out on.

My youngest started school this week, the messenger group has already had comments about "you can tell the teacher doesn't have kids" - right head have you thought there may be a number of reasons for that...

Whatever we think of Em, can't drive, lives with her mum, bad dress sense, whatever - the infertility pot shots are cruel

• Heart
Reactions: 31
On the surface Emma might appear to be happy and content but she must feel really unfulfilled in life. She's overweight, no kids and can't drive at the age of 40. I feel for her with not being able to have kids, that must be awful. I don't know if they've stopped and just accepted it, but if she was to have kids she needs to bloody learn to drive!!!! I can't imagine being 40 and relying on your husband to drive you everywhere. I'm 29, passed my test 2 weeks ago and I'd been trying for 7 years to pass due to anxiety, health complications and covid but I never gave up! I used to be at the stage where Em is where I was absolutely terrified of driving but it just takes time and patience! I have always said I wouldn't even consider having children until I had passed my test because my children will rely on me to drive them places and the thought of needing to rush my baby to hospital if anything happened and having to call a taxi there or something didn't sit right with me.

She needs to get back out there and learn again, confidence will build over time. But she's happy to have Onslow ferry her about everywhere. She may not be able to fix her infertility herself, but she could lose weight and learn to drive which both will have such a massive impact on her life.
Oh yes what happened to her learning to drive? She bought a cheap runabout too! Did lockdown completely change her mind after being cancelled on in the run up to lockdown 1? Or was the driving before all that as I’ve lost track of time 🤣

Reactions: 4
Tbh her not driving isn't the biggest thing it's the fact she expect Onslow to ferry her about everywhere and she seemingly needs a chaperone for everything. She never gets the bus.
I can drive but I don't enjoy it, so just stay fairly local. However if I need to get somewhere I can and even if I don't drive i'll still get there by public transport on my own.

Tbh her not driving isn't the biggest thing it's the fact she expect Onslow to ferry her about everywhere and she seemingly needs a chaperone for everything. She never gets the bus.
I can drive but I don't enjoy it, so just stay fairly local. However if I need to get somewhere I can and even if I don't drive i'll still get there by public transport on my own.
I doubt there is much of a bus service where she lives, and I know the walk to the train station isn't great (at night) from what she has said - but why live there then knowing you don't drive?

As I said I don't drive but one of my house location requirements was to be walking distance to town/local shops for bits and walking distance to the train station ( a walk I'd be happy doing in the dark alone)

Reactions: 5
I think she's so used to being babied by Chris and her mum they wouldn't even think about living near good transport links. It's just expected that others will take her everywhere.

Reactions: 11
She could also use Ubers. As I said in my previous post I only passed my test 2 weeks ago so all my life I've had to get buses, ubers and taxis. It's just what you do, I think what we dislike is the expectation from her that she will be ferried about by her poor mum and Chris.

@Nikkinikki7788 I can't remember what happened with her driving, I don't think she's had any lessons since Covid began. She mentions it at the beginning of this vlog in November 2018...

I COMPLETELY understand her driving anxiety, I was once a terrified driver and when my bf bought me a cheap run around car we would go to really quiet areas and I wouldn't drive faster than 20mph. Now I'm passed and I'm driving on A roads between 50-70mph and doing big roundabouts which used to terrify me. She could definitely do it, you just have to push and push and push yourself. Also whenever she learns she does it in an automatic which is even easier.

Reactions: 6
They bought a Nissan Micra I think for her. She did some lessons. Wasn’t keen. Then balled her eyes out when she had to drive in the dark and don’t think she did it again.

I’m 33. Don’t drive. Live near to a train station and am pretty self sufficient. Husband drives, but I’m happy to walk or get the train anywhere. Also have worked from home for 15 years, so any car I’d have would literally get used once a week maybe. So I haven’t bothered learning, but do plan to soon.

Difference with Em, when she was commuting everyday she would complain multiple times a week about late trains or cancellations. Everything else obviously comes too easy to her she never wanted to work through that anxiety.

Reactions: 10
HOW is there only 3 years difference between these pics!? :oops: She's aged 10 years in the space of 3.

em1.JPG
em2.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I didn’t pass my test until I was 25, before that if I wanted to go shopping and my husband wasn’t free I’d get on the bus or walk! But when I did pass I wondered why I’d left it so late, it gives you so much more freedom. Even 10 years later and I drove myself far away I’m still
Amazed 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am still a nervous driver but I did automatic lessons and it eased my anxiety a lot as I felt I could focus on just the roads! Have they even considered that? She should really make plans for when they’re not around? What’s she gonna do?

She did, she bought a knackered old automatic micra to do her practising in

Agree… enough of the infertility talk. It’s not right. She’s annoying but nobody deserves that. She has a genetic condition that is just bad luck nothing to do with her weight. I slag her off because I’m a witch but this infertility talk is bordering on evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t think anyone has been ‘evil’ about that subject ... most people are pretty sympathetic tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does her younger brother have kids with his partner yet?

I wonder how she will feel if/when that day comes. It could go either way for her when the baby stays over at grandma's. She can go play dress up in her room whilst her mum looks after the other baby :rolleyes:
I think I saw her sister in law in a video a while back and thought she looked pregnant in it.

I’m infertile and 41 fat and live alone, the way I can to terms with it was to sponsor babies who are orphaned in 3rd world countries but I still get the feeling in the pit of my stomach when someone is pregnant, I’m happy for them but feel a bit sad too.
I think Em is damaged and personally I think people who are constantly on Instagram sharing their whole lives and most intimate moments/life events have some huge gap maybe hers is the inability to have a baby so she uses Instagram to fill it? Either way I still think she’s really cringe to watch but the cringe is why I love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m infertile and 41 fat and live alone, the way I can to terms with it was to sponsor babies who are orphaned in 3rd world countries but I still get the feeling in the pit of my stomach when someone is pregnant, I’m happy for them but feel a bit sad too.
I think Em is damaged and personally I think people who are constantly on Instagram sharing their whole lives and most intimate moments/life events have some huge gap maybe hers is the inability to have a baby so she uses Instagram to fill it? Either way I still think she’s really cringe to watch but the cringe is why I love it!
That's an absolutely lovely thing to do.

• Heart
HOW is there only 3 years difference between these pics!? :oops: She's aged 10 years in the space of 3.

View attachment 753513View attachment 753514
The thing is, as we get older, we have to make changes to the type of make up etc we use (not being ageist as I’m older than Em). I know from personal experience that it’s difficult to admit that your body/hair/skin are changing but if Em did this, she would look much fresher. 40 is by no means old but my skin started to change from about 35. It then changed again at 40. Over the last couple of years I’ve completely overhauled my wardrobe and not only do I get compliments now but I feel so much better in myself. After years of not driving due to anxiety after a car accident, I’ve also recently bought a car again 😀

• Heart
So she’s got Covid. The end of her video “stay safe” Em hun you’ve been in every tat shop you could get a lift to, touching everything like a child.
I had Covid a month ago, curvier girl and double jabbed and was poorly there’s no way I could’ve picked a camera up, worn a dress to my pcr test (I drove myself there in my pjs) and edited a whole weekly vlog! She’s doing that stupid annoying nasal voice she does when she’s got a cold

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I haven’t watched the vlog yet but her IG post today is basically photos of her looking gormless and feeling sorry for herself. I mean, who takes photos of themselves when they’re not well?! She’s like a bleeping teenager!
As @JCAH2013 said, she’s been going around all the shops for months, touching everything she could! Is anyone surprised she got COVID?! 🙄
5103D509-4F4D-4D2F-90A5-B49BFC2C4B94.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.