Israeli - Palestinian conflict #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The genocide continues. It’s Ramadan, Israel have continued to bombard Gaza, they have rained down bombs on Rafah, sniped at starving people trying to get food in Northern Gaza and have attacked Al Shifa hospital again.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Lather, rinse, repeat.

The UN are calling it famine. It is not famine, this is a forced starvation.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Free press you say - turns out they freed the press but not before trashing their cars, stripping them naked, taken their phones and camera equipment 😏

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Thread 14. 13 threads since we deplored October 17. 13,000 posts about a genocide in this day and age. Let those who facilitate this face justice

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I really do wish the thread could have been accurately titled. I understand why not, but calling it a 'conflict' really grates me.

Reactions: 17
Free press you say - turns out they freed the press but not before trashing their cars, stripping them naked, taken their phones and camera equipment 😏
Israel's respect for and fierce defence of the freedom of the press would truly move you to tears :cry:

Reactions: 12
On the previous thread I was asked why would Netanyahu prop up Hamas only to pursue them into Gaza. It has been suggested that he deliberately enabled Hamas to grow and become a threat to Israel so that he could use them as an excuse to launch an all out attack. Whether that is the case or not I have no idea, but I don’t see why any attack on Hamas would be “ridiculous” given the attack on 7th October and Netanyahu’s desire to use the situation to support his position as a tough leader and protector of his people.
I have long made the point that this issue is very complex and both sides have played their part in inflaming the situation over the years. I am old enough to remember, year after year, news reports from the Middle East where one or the other were launching attacks. From 1964 until 1993, the Palestine Liberation Organisation made the elimination of Israel its main objective. They were often supported by other Arab states and Israel used this to take more land under the guise of defence. And so it goes on.
Hamas have a made it clear that they want to remove Israel from the map. Netanyahu has himself made it clear that he doesn’t want a two nation solution and his government have also made it clear that they have no love for the Palestinians.
Commentators have been saying all along that peace will not be possible until Netanyahu’s government and Hamas are removed. This is not showing support for Israel, it is a non partisan appraisal of the situation as it stands and certainly doesn’t condone the tactics of the IDF.

Reactions: 3
That is what I struggled with on the last thread, I did change it on #12 but a mod popped up and said these threads have always followed the same format and changed it back.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just will never understand why you'd insist your women are being raped.

He doesn't half talk some shite. Do they think the Hamas tunnels are indestructible? They've probably killed all the hostages. Where do they suppose they are?

Reactions: 12
On the previous thread I was asked why would Netanyahu prop up Hamas only to pursue them into Gaza. It has been suggested that he deliberately enabled Hamas to grow and become a threat to Israel so that he could use them as an excuse to launch an all out attack. Whether that is the case or not I have no idea, but I don’t see why any attack on Hamas would be “ridiculous” given the attack on 7th October and Netanyahu’s desire to use the situation to support his position as a tough leader and protector of his people.
I have long made the point that this issue is very complex and both sides have played their part in inflaming the situation over the years. I am old enough to remember, year after year, news reports from the Middle East where one or the other were launching attacks. From 1964 until 1993, the Palestine Liberation Organisation made the elimination of Israel its main objective. They were often supported by other Arab states and Israel used this to take more land under the guise of defence. And so it goes on.
Hamas have a made it clear that they want to remove Israel from the map. Netanyahu has himself made it clear that he doesn’t want a two nation solution and his government have also made it clear that they have no love for the Palestinians.
Commentators have been saying all along that peace will not be possible until Netanyahu’s government and Hamas are removed. This is not showing support for Israel, it is a non partisan appraisal of the situation as it stands and certainly doesn’t condone the tactics of the IDF.
It’s not been suggested, it’s fact. I posted the fact for you. That you choose to ignore that but continue to try and justify your position speaks volumes. Whatever the complexity, you try and palm off as something that needs context or nuance. Nah. What is happening to the Palestinian people can’t be justified.

1710793983923.png

Reactions: 13
Please ignore 🙏🏼 they never respond to our questions how fkng dare they think they can demand answers duck them 🖕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think the two are necessarily mutually exclusive. Hamas may want the cessation of Israel's existence and by propping them up it gives Netanyahu a reason to continue this current genocide.

Reactions: 9
We can't have Russia playing UEFA sanctioned games, but Israeli teams are okay. Fiorentina saw Maccabi Haifa off. Bye witches!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry to bring back the question of freedom of the press, but this article had a statement I found telling:

In October, Israeli officials claimed Al Jazeera had harmed national security with anti-Israel coverage of the war.

The Jewish Chronicle can, I think, not be accused of having an antisemitic view, nor if we're honest a pro-Palestinian view. But still statements come through that make it clear the Israeli government and by consequence the IDF do not take kindly to press that opposes their narrative.

The targeting of journalists is not an unintended consequence of conflict. Not in these numbers, and not from a government who have sought to impose anti-protest measures even on the citizens they're willing to acknowledge with rights.

Reactions: 16
I really don't understand why these posters bother giving us a history lesson steeped in two-sideism. The history lessons always fail to acknowledge how it all started - centuries of European antisemitism culminating in the zionist movement and the establishment of an Israeli state as the answer to the so-called "Jewish problem". Of course, it was all rooted in Western colonialism and it eventually led to the Nakba and a brutal, decades-long occupation. Do these posters really think Palestinians, having lived side by side Jews throughout history, just woke up one day in 1948 and decide that's enough, we need to eliminate them now?

The history doesn't even matter. Nothing really matters when one entity has decided no amount of civilian loss will stop them from achieving their land-grabbing ambitions. This is bigger than Netanyahu - this is the majority of a whole nation that believes the entire land is theirs alone and anyone who gets in the way of that is a "threat" that should be eliminated.

Reactions: 22
I really don't understand why these posters bother giving us a history lesson steeped in two-sideism. The history lessons always fail to acknowledge how it all started - centuries of European antisemitism culminating in the zionist movement and the establishment of an Israeli state as the answer to the so-called "Jewish problem". Of course, it was all rooted in Western colonialism and it eventually led to the Nakba and a brutal, decades-long occupation. Do these posters really think Palestinians, having lived side by side Jews throughout history, just woke up one day in 1948 and decide that's enough, we need to eliminate them now?

The history doesn't even matter. Nothing really matters when one entity has decided no amount of civilian loss will stop them from achieving their land-grabbing ambitions. This is bigger than Netanyahu - this is the majority of a whole nation that believes the entire land is theirs alone and anyone who gets in the way of that is a "threat" that should be eliminated.
Exactly this. The minute that babies and small children start to get blown up and limbs ripped off, innocent children starved to death or crushed under falling buildings - then NO, you don't have any right to 'defend' yourself anymore. What is happening is beyond defensible, I don't give a single tit about what has gone on before, what is happening right now is beyond horrific and there is NO justification, context, scenario or explanation that can explain it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Didn't they try and gain autonomy in Palestine in 613? It started way before European antisemitism.

Reactions: 1
Didn't they try and gain autonomy in Palestine in 613? It started way before European antisemitism.
Considering Islam didn't reach Palestine until c. 636, I'd say no, it didn't start in 613.

ICYMI, the point of my post was that the history doesn't matter anymore. Nothing justifies the slaughter and starvation of an innocent civilian population.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.