Ireland Travel Ban

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can still travel over for work purposes but you would probably need to isolate for 14 days especially when coming from the UK

Reactions: 1
Has anyone travelled UK to Ireland recently? We are due to fly at the weekend and getting herb out so about being stopped

Has anyone travelled UK to Ireland recently? We are due to fly at the weekend and getting herb out so about being stopped
I have to Dublin, you need to fill out the locator forms and have a negative PCR test, not an NHS one. Quite a few people got stopped. I had to show my tenancy agreement and employment contract but they let me straight through.

I have to Dublin, you need to fill out the locator forms and have a negative PCR test, not an NHS one. Quite a few people got stopped. I had to show my tenancy agreement and employment contract but they let me straight through.
Thank you, we have the pcr booked. Were you stopped Dublin side?

Yeah, everyone was stopped. The lady in front of me didn’t ‘get in’ because she said she was coming to see her boyfriend and another person didn’t have a valid PCR test. They just asked the usual questions...
Why are you here?
Where do you live?
What’s the Eircode?
Who do you live with?
Why did you go to the UK?
How are you getting home?

... I actually went to the UK for a medical appointment so I showed the letter, my PCR, work contract and my tenancy agreement.

I just quarantined at home and they rang on three of the days, I couldn’t get an appointment for a covid test on day 5 as they kept booking it for Kildare so I just did the full quarantine at home.

I did wonder that too as there wasn’t a flight back to the UK that day! I’m sure if you just show evidence of your valid reason you’ll be fine!

If you can delay coming until things open up a bit more I would suggest it .. things are a bit bleak here and the weathers absolutely awful! The shops opened on Monday so there’s a bit more life in town but mainly annoyed people stood in very long queues 😂

I flew from NI to England and back again and wasn't stopped once about 3 weeks ago, it was completely fine. Maybe you could fly back into Belfast and travel down though I don't know what the borders are like at min if they are stopping anyone. I know its tit, hopefully gets better soon.

It depends what reason you are flying for? I’m in and out of the airport frequently for work at the moment and they are stopping people at arrivals. If you live here and were traveling non-essentially they’ll fine you €2000. But if you aren’t resident here they can deny you entry, so unless you have a valid reason for travel and can show proof of it I would postpone your trip for a month or so.

My friend did get a fine for leaving and going to Barcelona! He managed to get it down to 1k but it’s still a killer! The rules here are quite strict!

Aw thanks peeps. I am flying to Belfast now instead on Tuesday as couldn't take the risk

Aw thanks peeps. I am flying to Belfast now instead on Tuesday as couldn't take the risk
Would you mind letting us know here how flying into Belfast was? My brother is flying into Belfast city airport soon and not sure if he should bring the same proof of travel/test etc

Any thoughts on the likelihood of us (in England, 1x Irish and 1x British passport) being able to go to a wedding in the south (probably via/from the north) in late august?

Are weddings even happening over the border yet?