Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MotorheadLife

VIP Member
its an advanced payment. probably so that she can pay her rent

She is currently entitled to about 1.3k/month in spousal support based on his 2023 earnings, so he will overpay her the next 6 months a huge amount (around 70k), this will reduce the spousal support after this for some time (assuming the same income as in 2023 he could stop paying for nearly 4 years 💀 )

so yes, it can and will change based on earnings. and based on how much he has already paid
Thank you, that makes more sense now! I’m guessing he’s doing this to make sure the rent is paid? shes lucky that he’s doing this as I can’t imagine she’s got any secret funds now.

Reactions: 5
I'm thinking Daisy Mae Cooper, for sure. Absolutely loved her in Rain Dogs with Jack Farthing! And in " Am I Being Unreasonable" as well. She plays manic and addicted women well, though even I don't think she could make Alice sympathetic.
oh she would make a brilliant big al, good call!

Reactions: 5

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
How will the law of 65 affect her?
“The Guidelines also provides for the “Rule of 65”in California which states that if the years of marriage plus the age of the support recipient at the time of separation equals or exceeds 65, then spousal support may be paid indefinitely.”
Would this, together with the presumption of a “long marriage” (ie long term spousal support,I.e half the length of the marriage), be overridden by the presumption Family Code section 4325 if Alice gets convicted of a misdemeanour or criminal charge in the remaining time period the DVRO is in force (1.5 years* left I think?)
I think Ioan is keeping his eye on the custody & financial fight, following which he will submit evidence of her recent breaches of the RO, which can then be used to obtain a misdemeanour conviction & he can then apply to withdraw spousal support. Statute of limitations for Ioan is 5 years so he has plenty of time to let her hang herself.
eta edited 3 years to 1.5 years on checking dates of dvro*
I think her age at date of separation (51) plus the length of marriage (13 years?) won’t equal 65? Or will she just scrape in?

Reactions: 4

Danica Catrick

Chatty Member
She might not want to but eventually she will have to if she can't make rent, refuses to work and child support and spousal support ends. The court is not going to expect Ioan to pay spousal support forever. Usually it will be until she is able to support herself or half the length of the marriage. This was not a decades long marriage. She keeps banging on about 20 years but they were only married for 12 years. The previous 8 years they were a couple will not be factored in.
So it's possible he could only have to pay spousal support for another 3 years? They were married for 12 years, and we're already half way through the 6 he would be expected to pay support for 🤞

ETA - nevermind, I've just seen other people's comments on this

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

screamin.lisa

Chatty Member
no, it doesnt really work like this. One parent consenting is completely sufficient, this is very different to school matters. Although I suspect one parent going against this will make most papers back off (not when the editor is the other parents bestie though)

Of course, and this is always possible, some papers take their chances and just publish kid pics anyway, or they are simply careless (we have seen articles where kids were pixelated one pic and in the next not). Most celebs will not sue them, especially when they are celebs that exploit their kids on their SM like Alice does (it's a bit difficult to play the privacy card in those cases, although you can) . But the fact that on many occasions even those kids and even by the DM were either pixelated or cut off (as recently as early this year even) does show that this isn't straight forward.

I also have to add that those privacy laws are treated very differently for "public figures". Now a reasonable mind would never see Ella as a public figure, but Alice has pressed her enough in the headlines this year to argue this way. This may also explain why we never see pap pics of Elsie bar the staged moment in front of the courthouse (which no UK paper published)

I think Ioan is careful of intervening too much because it will be spun by Alice as coercive control or whatever other shit her demented crowd comes up. The judge has anyway started to clamp down on how much Alice is exposing to the children, so this limits her in a way also on how much she is exposing of them on SM.
Thank you! This makes more sense now.

Reactions: 2

ButterTart

VIP Member
Nope you can't claim SSI without having paid into it. You need at least ten credits to get the most basic SSI. Ten credit works out to about 5 years of full time work? She won't qualify for SSDI, just applying for that is a nightmare. Also, the earliest to draw SSI without a penalty is age 67.
You can potentially qualify for SS if your spouse (or ex) paid into it, apparently, according to the AARP.

Reactions: 2

MotorheadLife

VIP Member
I think I’d misunderstood how much spousal maintenance she would get, is that for the rest of her life? Is it a set figure or can it change based on earnings

Reactions: 1