Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hiraeth

VIP Member
Hi all. I'm so terribly sorry for the delay in typing this up. I had to deal with a serious family medical issue and was not able to be online for days. My apologies. 🙏

Here is a link to the summary of the court transcript. Not much new in the way of evidence, but everyone claiming that the DVRO violates Alice's First Amendment rights is welcome to read the judge's reasoning. Ioan also testified briefly at the hearing, all of which is summarized below. Enjoy!

Summary of Hearing on Request for Domestic Violence Restraining Order
Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles

August 2, 2022

Appearing for Petitioner: Attorneys Anne Kiley and Katherine Heersema.
Also present were Petitioner Ioan Gruffudd and protected person Bianca Wallace.
No appearances made on behalf of Respondent. (Alice Evans was not present and no attorney
appeared on her behalf.)

The hearing begins with the judge noting that Alice’s attorney was present when the hearing was
continued to August 2, 2022, from June 14, 2022. The judge noted that Alice had notice of the
hearing being scheduled for August 2, but neither Alice nor her counsel had appeared at the
hearing that day.
The judge said that he had reviewed the request for the Domestic Violence Restraining Order
and the Temporary Restraining Order, and he was inclined to grant the request for the restraining
order, but he had two questions (discussed below). The first question related to the length of
time that Anne Kiley was requesting for the restraining order (the judge assumed 5 years), and
the second question related to First Amendment concerns. The judge covered the second
question first.
With regard to the supplemental request Ioan filed, the judge was comfortable granting an order
restraining Alice from posting Ioan’s text messages or other communications to their children, or
the children’s text messages to Ioan, on social media, and restraining Alice from contacting
Ioan’s employers. But the judge said he was uncertain about the request that Alice not make any
posts on social media disparaging Ioan or Bianca. The judge said that posts that constitute
disturbing the peace of Ioan and Bianca were covered by the existing restraining order, but the
judge was concerned about the First Amendment.

The judge said some of the posts Alice has made are “clearly harassment.” However, his opinion
is that some of Alice’s posts come closer to being potentially protected speech in that she’s
commenting on the litigation, albeit sometimes in “colorful terms.”
Anne Kiley, Ioan’s attorney, responded that there was a case (In re Marriage of Candiotti, 34
Cal.App.4th 718, at page 726) that ruled that the Court can make an order that a parent not make
disparaging comments about the other parent either within the presence or within the hearing of
the children, and Ioan’s concern is that Alice is using her social media accounts, with well over
70,000 followers, to disparage Ioan, and at least one of their children “follows” Alice on social
media.
Anne Kiley agreed that the temporary restraining order does restrain much of what Alice has
done, including using her Instagram account to directly communicate with Ioan and Bianca, and
saying things like “you’re a pussy.” Anne Kiley argued that the Candiotti case provides
precedent for the judge to restrict Alice’s statements on social media. The judge responded that
he understood the argument, but that disparaging Ioan on social media being deemed as being “in
front of the children” is too expansive. The judge was comfortable restraining Alice’s speech to
the extent it was “harassing or disturbing the peace of Petitioner and the other protected person.”
The judge said that limiting “disparaging” speech was “awfully broad” and would potentially
encompass things that Alice was entitled to say. The judge wasn’t saying that Alice couldn’t
disparage the judicial process. He said, “She can disparage me, for example. Clearly protected
by the First Amendment.”
Anne Kiley brought up another case, Molinaro v. Molinaro, 33 Cal.App.5th 824, which held that
an order restraining someone from posting on social media with regard to the litigation was too
broad, but the court held that a narrowly tailored order speaking about the disparaging comments
and the children would be more appropriate.
The judge asked if there was any additional evidence that Anne Kiley wanted to present. She
responded that she wanted to move Ioan’s declaration and the Exhibits thereto, A through P, that
were filed on February 15, 2022, into evidence, as well as move Ioan’s declaration of July 25,
2022, into evidence. Anne Kiley stated that an exhibit list was filed with the court the day

before. Exhibits 1 though 16 are the exhibits that were filed February 15, 2022, and Anne Kiley
had additional exhibits, Exhibits 17 through 71, which she had brought to court with her on a
flash drive. That evidence (as yet unseen) consists of a series of text messages, Our Family
Wizard messages, voice recordings, and social media postings that Alice has made since the
restraining order was issued.
The judge took a short break to look at the Candiotti and Molinaro cases. A short recess was
taken.
After the recess, the judge had two additional questions. His first question was to ask Anne
Kiley to point him to where the evidence was with respect to Alice’s communications with
Ioan’s employer. The evidence was in Ioan’s declaration, but Anne Kiley said that Ioan could
testify right then. The judge asked Ioan to stand up and testify for the Court.
Ioan was sworn in by the judge’s clerk. Ioan testified that he believes that Alice has
communicated with his employers, not since January of 2022, but in 2021, Alice did contact his
employer repeatedly. Ioan testified that he recently took a trip to Monaco to the Television
Festival, and, while there, the producer of the television series that Ioan shot in the South of
France told him that he had been contacted at least seven (7) times by Alice Evans, in letters both
in English and French. The producer chose not to alert Ioan of the letters at the time because he
felt that it would be disturbing Ioan’s peace and his ability to work there. Ioan testified that this
disturbed him and it was shocking to him, and that it concerned him with regard to obtaining
future employment. The judge stated that he was going to exclude Ioan’s testimony on the
ground that it was hearsay.
The judge reiterated his second question, which was what the length of the restraining order
should be. The judge assumed that Ioan would ask for a length of 5 years. Anne Kiley
responded that, given the volume of communications prior to the restraining order and the
continued harassment and disturbance of the peace of Ioan and Bianca after the restraining order,
they were asking that the restraining order be granted for three (3) years with the understanding
that they could come back to court and seek renewal.

The judge stated that the Court finds that Ioan has satisfied his burden of proof, proving by
preponderance of the evidence that Alice has engaged in a course of conduct that constitutes
harassment of Ioan and Bianca, and that constitutes disturbing the peace of Ioan and Bianca. The
judge stated that there was sufficient evidence already in the record to support the issuance of the
restraining order, and that he was not ruling on the exhibits that Anne Kiley brought with her on
the flash drive because he hadn’t reviewed them and didn’t need them to make his order, since he
already had enough evidence.
The judge ruled that the court would issue a 3-year restraining order with the same terms as the
temporary restraining order, plus the following two terms: that Alice shall not make any posts on
a social media account, including but not limited to Instagram and Twitter accounts, harassing or
disturbing the peace of Ioan and Bianca, and that Alice shall not post Ioan’s text messages or any
other communications to the parties’ children or the children’s text messages or any other
communications to Ioan on any social media account, including but not limited to Twitter and
Instagram accounts. The court denied the request that Alice be restrained from contacting Ioan’s
employers. In addition, the order shall provide that Alice is not prohibited from commenting on
this proceeding on social media provided that such comments do not constitute harassment or
disturbing the peace of Ioan and Bianca.
The judge also, after ruling, made clear that Ioan did not ask for any custody orders in
connection with the DVRO, and that Ioan’s declaration of February 15, 2022, plus the exhibits
and declaration filed July 25, 2022, are all moved into evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 140

sierraromeo

I’ve been really quiet, but reading and appreciating everyone’s contributions.
I started reading here after Alice did Lorraine nearly a year ago (I didn’t know who she was but googled because it seemed to be such a sad situation) and her tweets brought me to tattle.

The one sticking point I cannot get over is her preference for helplessness. She’s rather go down with the ship, and that makes no sense to me, especially as a mother.

I’m now full-time in management at a jewellery store, with a daughter E’s age, and as a single mother. We’re house-hunting because my salary means we can get a bigger place, my daughter is absolutely thriving, I’m not stressed about money, and 4 out of 5 days at work are absolutely rollicking fun.

I am floored, FLOORED, that Alice would rather condemn herself to being helpless, a victim, and her daughters traumatised.

Wtf Alice. Seriously. At this point, it’s beyond bizarre. When I first posted about 6 months ago, her refusal to work was really odd and seemed logically temporary. Now? Get out of town. You don’t get paid to exist because your uterus was occupied.

And before she starts with chronic illness posts, I have three. I’m hospitalised yearly. I’m in pain 24/7. But god, my life is good.

The grass is greener where you water it.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

Mad Betty

VIP Member
She contacted the Producer of The Reunion at least 7 times via letter in both English and in French. This when he was on location in France and they were already in the process of a divorce. IMO, that is outright stalking.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Hiraeth

VIP Member
I don’t care if it’s about her or about Ioan or — whomever. All I can say is, “Seriously?” She’s not dumb. Ugh! That’s what I think of the post. There’s no good reason for that post. Team kids, and Ioan not letting another day go by without seeing Elsie.
What? Just checking, how long did any of you stop posting on social media out of deference to your partner's ex? This outmoded way of thinking can get in the bin along with the "he's married to be until the divorce decree is issued."

but, mAlice reads here... and she thinks "everything" is about her.
I really doubt that Bianca is sitting at home twirling her villain's mustache, plotting about what to post so that third parties can pick it up and repost it. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

ButterTart

VIP Member
I find this fascinating, really. People saying things others are doing - whether it’s Bianca or Ioan or the FMs - then provoke Alice, is actually making excuses for her behaviour. The person she was at 5, blame her parents. Ditto 10 and even 20 years old. The person she is now … that’s on her. She is responsible for her behaviour and her actions. I can see how she feels she was dealt a shitty hand but so are many many people who get far more cruel fates delivered to them. And they pick themselves up and do what’s best for themselves and their kids, if they have children.

As for Ioan and custody … he has (as far as we know) tried many many times over the past two years to maintain and repair his relationship with the girls. When her alienation escalated he took legal steps. Getting the DVRO made permanent has an enormous impact over custody. It allowed him to move more forcefully to get therapy court ordered for the girls when Alice wouldn’t allow it. It may give him 100% custody if she is convicted of breaching the DVRO. He has mediation for custody in place next week and a full custody hearing coming up. He’s tried to protect their privacy by asking the court to forbid Alice from posting their private communications online. He is not seeing those girls because Alice has made that impossible so he’s done the next best thing - use the courts to put a structure in place that will allow for healing and reconciliation and an eventual repair in the relationships to the point where they can be a functioning father and daughters again.

Alice is the real issue here. If she loved those girls, she would compartmentalize her relationship with their father and ensure they have a healthy relationship with him. She wouldn’t continue moaning that he hasn’t seen them and then do everything in her power to ensure that they never do. THAT’S the roadblock.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

AnneinHever

VIP Member
I’m not a fan of Bianca. I don’t have negative feelings about her but I’m also not fond of her (I tend to only be fond of people I know, but that’s just me). Having said that, this is a young woman, who for the past year has seen every aspect of her being attacked. She has been attacked for her looks, personality (the most ridiculous of all as strangers online cannot possibly know her), relationship, life choices, talents and career. She has seen her medical condition published on SM. She has even had people infiltrating her WhatsApp group to call her names. All this has been initiated, encouraged and actively supported by one person: Alice Evans. She was the first to start the slander and then sent her minions after Bianca. Whatever Bianca posts are this stage, I don’t care! She might call Alice a cunt. I’m with her. She bloody is a cunt!

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Hiraeth

VIP Member
@Hiraeth is the firm well known? I just can’t believe they are any good when their website is so riddled with mistakes, as someone said previously, it’s a red flag. A very large, very red red flag.
The firm is not at all well known. This is the first I've heard of them. And a website riddled with mistakes and typos is indeed a red flag, especially in the legal profession where details matter.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

ZipSilver

Chatty Member
Alice has kicked off again and again, abused and harassed bianca to the extent the law are involved, involved her family members, slated her, made accusations, insulted her, said she’s a ‘hogan’, send her FMs after her, contacted her professional contacts, and even at the MS ball when she was asked about her journey she vaguely alluded to the fact the info about her had ‘come out’ rather than sharing factually that Alice had publicly outed her (and subsequently poo pooed it).

she’s entitled to share things about her life and imo she’s been extraordinarily restrained, I doubt many people could show that level of restraint and class in the face of ongoing abuse from Alice. Alice makes the girls lives hell whatever Bianca does or doesn’t do. Because she’s an alcoholic narcissist.

So if bianca feels empowered to share whatever she wishes to without having to run it past the mental Alice check, then good on her. She’s taken far too much and she cannot be expected to modify normal everyday things forever because he partner and his ex broke up over two years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

veevee04

VIP Member
I just want to say thank you tattlers for giving me a laugh. I'm very down today , I got assaulted at work I have cuts and bruises and my foot got stamped on. . I went to work on a ward (forced too actually) because they were short staffed , I hate this ward but I went because it's my duty . It makes my blood boil Alice has have never done a day's work in her life and there's people literally getting injured while working.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

M33L4

VIP Member
Hi all. I'm so terribly sorry for the delay in typing this up. I had to deal with a serious family medical issue and was not able to be online for days. My apologies. 🙏

Here is a link to the summary of the court transcript. Not much new in the way of evidence, but everyone claiming that the DVRO violates Alice's First Amendment rights is welcome to read the judge's reasoning. Ioan also testified briefly at the hearing, all of which is summarized below. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this. You’re the best of the best on here. I appreciate you and hope that family medical issue has been resolved x

• Heart

lulooo

VIP Member
I see that Bianca has put a new post on IG. It’s beautiful , so please can we stop victim blaming on here.

The ABUSER has a Permanent Domestic Violence Restraining Order against her that was handed down by the court, not Ioan or Bianca, but by the Judge after he had seen all the evidence.

Bianca is a protected party under that PDVRO. Bianca is a victim of the abuse and harassment handed out by Alice Evans.

Alice Evans has not been abused by either Ioan or Bianca, if she had we would have seen proof and she could have obtained her own RO. She hasn’t.

Bianca can post just whatever she wants to, she is respectful, her posts are positive and kind.
End of rant, as you were.

• Heart

MarkC1387

VIP Member
I echo what Hiraeth said - Bianca can post whatever she wants, she has blocked Alice, if Alice wants to take it upon herself to use a sock account or whatever to stalk Bianca's page and take offence then that's on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

M33L4

VIP Member
@M33L4 - she sent her FM’s after you?! I’ve seen the daily Mail stuff but didn’t realise she got personal with members from here.
I’m very sorry to hear that. And your right - we should go for Alice over her appalling behaviour, not her hair
They call me names and laugh at my hair. Apparently I’m on the fridge of one of them so they don’t get as fat as me.
Sorry for the merail.
The hair loss actually bothers me, FM’s don’t.

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Arctic Ocean

Chatty Member
It seems to me that not only does she refuse to accept the realities of her situation, but she genuinely believes she has lost none of her game. That she can still rely on the strategies she's used on others all her life; that she can get away with things like she did in her youth because she was cute and had a way with the opposite sex.

Something doesn't go my way? Hey, let's rant and rave - after all, people used to think it was just me being my quirky, red-blooded self. And it bagged me a proposal, didn't it?

When all else fails? Let's revert to the tried-and-true "Protect me, my hero, I'm a scared little kitten" tactics. Look at this:

1661326546523.png

That's why she would do anything to be alone in a room with Yo. I don't think she plans to clobber him into submission - she wants to appeal to the protector in him, which I reckon she has done a million times before whenever her histrionics failed. And until she somehow gets it into her head that Yo would rather gargle with battery acid three times per day for the rest of his life than return to the garage, she will never stop believing she can "talk sense" into him.

Oscar Wilde said it perfectly in The Picture of Dorian Gray: “There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love.”

And yes, Alice - he has ceased to love you. He does think you're being ridiculous. Move on. And before you ask again, "Where to?" - you had countless possibilities. You were the one who chose to limit your own options through your appalling behaviour and refusal to heed perfectly reasonable requests and compromises. Put on your big-girl pants, if you have any, and face the truth: your usual manoeuvres stopped working long ago. Quit whining. Start living.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

House of Tea

VIP Member
The employer thing is bizarre. She has no business contacting his employers. What on earth is she saying? Drop him, look at his eyes, his hair is going, he has a bogan girlfriend, he has left his babies, we have no food….the mind boggles.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Hiraeth

VIP Member
Question @Hiraeth, on second read - and if personal situation permits - would you think that there was something notable in the transcript that isnt covered in the summary?
That's a good question and something I meant to address. While I'm fully prepared to omit something from future transcript summaries if it would be harmful to Ioan, Bianca, or either of the children, I did not leave anything out of this particular transcript. The transcript of the hearing itself is only 14 double-spaced pages long (kinda steep for almost $200 💀), and the entire contents are in my summary.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

ButterTart

VIP Member
Who cares? It’s loaded because there is an estranged wife of her boyfriend and that post

Everything is about two little girls who have not seen their father in over a year. No parenting, not physically in their lives. The PA taking hold more. You can live your life together and not bend to the will of Alice, but also think about a post like this. You can’t pretend this doesn’t provoke. She is with a man who is estranged from his children. The damage that’s been done to now Elsie is probably significant. I would be THINKING about the crazy night these kids will endure with their lunatic mother. I guess not Bianca. She doesn’t know them. She doesn’t love them. But Ioan should be. JMO.
If Alice inflicts a crazy night on the girls, that is on Alice. No one else. She was doing it when Ioan was still living there. She’s a fully functioning adult (though some days it’s hard to tell) and no matter what is going on in her life, being a good parent should be her priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 49