Intermittent Fasting

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on day 2 of 16:8...hoping I can stick to it. I lost 2 stone before my wedding doing it so fingers crossed...to all of us haha!
Congrats for starting it - just stick with it. Don’t feel bad if you don’t do it one day. Tomorrow is another day. It’s a lifestyle not a diet :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried any of Davinia Taylor’s products? I’m tempted to get the Keto powder to help keep the urge to snack at bay!

Has anyone tried any of Davinia Taylor’s products? I’m tempted to get the Keto powder to help keep the urge to snack at bay!
I followed her for awhile in Insta and unfollowed as she had a habit of not announcing ads/paid posts. She’s another Insta hun sales woman in disguise. Do you mean keeping snacking at bay in your eating window?

Reactions: 1
Congrats for starting it - just stick with it. Don’t feel bad if you don’t do it one day. Tomorrow is another day. It’s a lifestyle not a diet :)
Thanks lovely. So far so good. Day 6 now getting easier each day. Managed almost 18 hours yesterday too. Taking each day as it comes...there will definitely be off

I've been reading this thread with interest as I don't know anyone in real life who is into fasting. I've read books articles, watched documentaries etc and have picked up the benefits of this lifestyle, but I just haven't managed to give it a go yet! I'm very routine with my eating and never miss a meal, even eating when I'm not even hungry (!), really need to sort it out and give IF a go to prove to myself that I can if nothing else, and hopefully shift some pounds! I've downloaded the Fastic app this morning from a recommendation on here and as I'm wfh tomorrow am gonna try finishing eating today at around 8pm and eating again around lunchtime tomorrow and see how I get on. Honestly it shouldn't be so hard but like I said, I'm very routine with my eating 😵💫 I do like a hot drink before bed, would having something like a peppermint tea be breaking the fast? Or in these early days should I not overthink it so much?

@Ladygat
I've been reading this thread with interest as I don't know anyone in real life who is into fasting. I've read books articles, watched documentaries etc and have picked up the benefits of this lifestyle, but I just haven't managed to give it a go yet! I'm very routine with my eating and never miss a meal, even eating when I'm not even hungry (!), really need to sort it out and give IF a go to prove to myself that I can if nothing else, and hopefully shift some pounds! I've downloaded the Fastic app this morning from a recommendation on here and as I'm wfh tomorrow am gonna try finishing eating today at around 8pm and eating again around lunchtime tomorrow and see how I get on. Honestly it shouldn't be so hard but like I said, I'm very routine with my eating 😵💫 I do like a hot drink before bed, would having something like a peppermint tea be breaking the fast? Or in these early days should I not overthink it so much?
The easiest way to start is by delaying your breakfast by 15-30 mins over a few days and see how you get on with pushing your first keel if the day towards midday. If you’ve never done IF your body will need time to adjust so be kind to yourself and approach the process from a place of curiosity rather than some sort of a test you are meant to pass. Fasting feels different every day- some days are easier than others. If you like peppermint tea before bed, then have it. Herbal teas are a grey area, but if you just starting with IF, no need to put too much pressure on yourself.

Reactions: 5
@Ladygat

The easiest way to start is by delaying your breakfast by 15-30 mins over a few days and see how you get on with pushing your first keel if the day towards midday. If you’ve never done IF your body will need time to adjust so be kind to yourself and approach the process from a place of curiosity rather than some sort of a test you are meant to pass. Fasting feels different every day- some days are easier than others. If you like peppermint tea before bed, then have it. Herbal teas are a grey area, but if you just starting with IF, no need to put too much pressure on yourself.
That's really good advice, I don't need to be all or nothing straight away! Thank you 😊

• Heart
is there anything you can drink in the evening that doesn’t break the fast? Also I vape currently as I’ve stopped smoking. Does vaping affect fasting?

is there anything you can drink in the evening that doesn’t break the fast? Also I vape currently as I’ve stopped smoking. Does vaping affect fasting?
This is what I have read..

What hot drinks are best for intermittent fasting?
It does not matter the type of tea you are taking for intermittent fasting, so black, green, and herbal teas are all great. They are typically calorie-free, so they will not negatively affect your fast. However, do not add cream, sugar, or artificial sweeteners to your tea if you want them to remain zero-calorie.

I always need a hot drink in the evenings, so tend to have peppermint tea.

This thread seems quite quiet but figured I’d post anyway. Went to the doctor today about perimenopause and because my BMI is obese she told me I should do intermittent fasting, 16/8 to start but ultimately moving to 20+ fast windows and to go low carb. She said the goal was to get to one meal a day (which I believe is a thing? I’ve seen OMAD talked about on social media).

I’ll admit I was shocked at the advice as it feels like it’s going to be very restrictive but I’m excited to try anyway and hopefully get healthier
---
Probably should have read the thread before posting, I see others do OMAD already

This thread seems quite quiet but figured I’d post anyway. Went to the doctor today about perimenopause and because my BMI is obese she told me I should do intermittent fasting, 16/8 to start but ultimately moving to 20+ fast windows and to go low carb. She said the goal was to get to one meal a day (which I believe is a thing? I’ve seen OMAD talked about on social media).

I’ll admit I was shocked at the advice as it feels like it’s going to be very restrictive but I’m excited to try anyway and hopefully get healthier
---
Probably should have read the thread before posting, I see others do OMAD already
Welcome, highly recommend following Dr Mindy Pelz. There is alot of positives around IM, I feel so much more energetic and found my stomach less bloated. Hugely helped my perimenopause symptoms.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Welcome, highly recommend following Dr Mindy Pelz. There is alot of positives around IM, I feel so much more energetic and found my stomach less bloated. Hugely helped my perimenopause symptoms.
Thank you! Will go have a look now

---
Welcome! Delay Don’t Deny by Gin Stephens is def worth reading if you are just getting into IF.

Those doing IF and/or OMAD do you ever have breaks? I’m wondering how feasible it would be to have Saturday evenings off and still feel most of the benefits and lose my weight. I’m thinking fast till afternoon on Saturday but then be off the wagon (not to excess but like having a late meal and wine on the Saturday, breakfast/brunch with friends or family on Sunday etc) until Sunday evening

Those doing IF and/or OMAD do you ever have breaks? I’m wondering how feasible it would be to have Saturday evenings off and still feel most of the benefits and lose my weight. I’m thinking fast till afternoon on Saturday but then be off the wagon (not to excess but like having a late meal and wine on the Saturday, breakfast/brunch with friends or family on Sunday etc) until Sunday evening
yes, I do! I tend to do my longer fasts during the week and then relax over the weekend. Keeping your fasting windows varied is key to make this a lifestyle rather than yet another diet. It also keeps your body guessing and metabolism working.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been doing IF for 9 days and lost around 1.5 kg. It helps to avoid snacking before bed (which was usually more than just a fruit lol)
I drink more water, less coffee, eat more veggies. I went for walks but the weather is currently no outdoors friendly where i live 🥲
IF works for me as it doesnt affect my life and there's no drastic changes just better eating choices.

• Heart
Hi all,

I’m going to give IF a proper try.
I have never stuck it out for more than a week.
I’m disgusted with the amount of weight I have put on. I can’t even call it ‘baby weight’ as my ‘baby’ is almost 3!.

• Heart
I started Monday and weighed myself today and I’ve lost 4lb! I’ve been making some more healthy choices as I’ve been doing it for my hormones as well as weight but haven’t really been dieting in the traditional sense. So pleased!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been doing IF strictly for approx 3 weeks now and lost about 4 pounds which is brilliant for me as I was struggling just doing CC.

I have been doing IF without realising really, but I was still drinking Pepsi max and squash in my fasting periods which obviously breaks the fast. So I’ve cut those out and it’s deffo helped. I am hungry in the morning before I eat at 12 but it’s bareable because I know I can eat soon. I like the structure.

I use an app called zero to help me time.

Reactions: 4