Instamums #2 Permanently exhausted, winging it in waitrose in #ad#gifted clothes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just bumpy.

Doesn't mean anything dodgy has gone on, but unusual to not see a smooth curve in both follower and following numbers. Social blade is so interesting when you compare different influencers.

Just bumpy.

Doesn't mean anything dodgy has gone on, but unusual to not see a smooth curve in both follower and following numbers. Social blade is so interesting when you compare different influencers.
But is there a link to something that explains how to read the numbers?

I used to really like Erica Davies, until I found out she worked for the Scum newspaper (tit rag). I got blocked by ED because I called her out on being a fashion editor for The Scum newspaper. I’m from Liverpool so that newspaper isn’t welcome here ( for reasons most will know/ but not something I want to discuss). My issue was that ED is now on the strong girls club/ empowerment/strong women/ body positivity bandwagon, yet she was a fashion editor for a gutter rag that had page 3 girls (most under the age of 20), had the most misogynistic/sexist view of women and openly so. She was responsible for those terrible fashion posts about the worst/best dressed at award ceremonies (they were brutal). Plus she was happy to work for a gutter rag that prints stories without facts/ uses people’s lives for entertainment. She comes across as if she’s your friend, but she’s like the rest of them, in for the ££££ and nothing else. All this women supporting women doesn’t wash with me either. Behind the scenes I bet they are competitive AF , like hyenas scrapping over who has the best engagement/followers/campaigns etc.

Reactions: 15
That was Anna Eleri Hart - she was quite fierce and threatening. Really bizarre behaviour. Mumsnet really went down in my opinion after that.

I am at home sick today and have just discovered Social Blade but I can't figure out how to read the figures!
Why was she blasting mums net??

I used to really like Erica Davies, until I found out she worked for the Scum newspaper (tit rag). I got blocked by ED because I called her out on being a fashion editor for The Scum newspaper. I’m from Liverpool so that newspaper isn’t welcome here ( for reasons most will know/ but not something I want to discuss). My issue was that ED is now on the strong girls club/ empowerment/strong women/ body positivity bandwagon, yet she was a fashion editor for a gutter rag that had page 3 girls (most under the age of 20), had the most misogynistic/sexist view of women and openly so. She was responsible for those terrible fashion posts about the worst/best dressed at award ceremonies (they were brutal). Plus she was happy to work for a gutter rag that prints stories without facts/ uses people’s lives for entertainment. She comes across as if she’s your friend, but she’s like the rest of them, in for the ££££ and nothing else. All this women supporting women doesn’t wash with me either. Behind the scenes I bet they are competitive AF , like hyenas scrapping over who has the best engagement/followers/campaigns etc.
Ahh. I thought she was a Mirror person. No, not a huge fan either. She is very consciously building the "Erica" brand which is a very wholesome brand but offers very little creatively. All this women supporting women only works when it is suckers supporting instagrammers - otherwise you are just a troll. So much for empowerment, eh? Still, she doesn't shill her children so not on my hit list!

Reactions: 1
She was responsible for those terrible fashion posts about the worst/best dressed at award ceremonies (they were brutal)
Did she really? I’m surprised her conscience would allow her to do that. She can’t even be mildly criticised without putting up a pity post to boost her ego again so I can’t imagine her tearing other women down like that. Disappointing if so.

Reactions: 4
I thought she was ok and then as I said on another thread - I heard that she was horrible to work for and a bit of a bully, I know mags/press can be quite mysoginistic and male dominated but even then you don’t have to join in. When I learned that then watched her I could see it come through? She’s definitely a “brand”- she’s calculating and doesn’t really have a warm fuzzy feel? Now don’t get me wrong- bravo to her for what she has achieved but I don’t like that, if she’s a backstabber then don’t sugarcoat and pretend you have feelings, it doesn’t wash.

Reactions: 2
Did she really? I’m surprised her conscience would allow her to do that. She can’t even be mildly criticised without putting up a pity post to boost her ego again so I can’t imagine her tearing other women down like that. Disappointing if so.
I asked a reasonable question once and got a good slap from her for my troubles!

Wow you are right 😮

Whenever I’ve commented on her feed she’s always been lovely. I still can’t imagine her being a tit to people at work even though her employers are questionable!

Her then assistant was Fatima Truscott, the FT Times on instagram. They both worked together for years. ED irks me also because she constantly callls out the Daily Fail (other tit rag) for ther sensationalist headlines/sexism/misogyny, yet she was and active participant in this crappy form of “journalism “ for years!!!

Reactions: 8
Why was she blasting mums net??
She was mentioned on a thread about dodgy advertising practices by Influencers. She’d done a story saying she knew best and she’d continue to not bother stating whether it was a gift or an ad (or something similar). Then she came on the threads to tell us she had a bloggers meeting with MN and was going to get all our names and addresses from them 🙄

• Haha
She was mentioned on a thread about dodgy advertising practices by Influencers. She’d done a story saying she knew best and she’d continue to not bother stating whether it was a gift or an ad (or something similar). Then she came on the threads to tell us she had a bloggers meeting with MN and was going to get all our names and addresses from them 🙄
And then she proclaimed that she was writing an article for the FT explaining the new advertising rules (cos she is the expert) which never seemed to materialise. Fair to say, Instagram does make gods of mere mortals.

• Haha
And then she proclaimed that she was writing an article for the FT explaining the new advertising rules (cos she is the expert) which never seemed to materialise. Fair to say, Instagram does make gods of mere mortals.
Haha, yeah I’d forgotten that.

I used to work at Mumsnet HQ and these instagrammers are nothing but a huge headache to them. They have to tread carefully with libellous threads but a lot of the time just kill threads to shut the IGer up. They certainly don’t pander to them or hold any sway with what they say.

Reactions: 4
I’m surprised about that because recently during awards season she criticised the best/worst dressed articles.

I know what you mean about Erica, she’s become needy about perceived criticism and has to tell the followers looking for validation to boost her ego.

I’ve gone off her and her ‘ how are you’ greeting.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.