Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honey

Someone earlier in the thread commented about KissCub and I've started following her...oh my goodness, what a beautiful account. Such a wonderful mother, I wish that holiday companies would gift them a holiday rather than the Meldrums or MOD. I'd much rather see her enjoying time with her daughter than the others.

Reactions: 11

Wetmyplants

VIP Member
CB going to rip that mums throat out her vagina?! No seriously why are we listening to this BS she spits? She’s dealing with it really badly I’m sorry her kid is going through that & had to hear that. But I’m sorry that is life. Deal with it better
A kid at my daughters school said she was ugly & didn’t want to play with her. I didn’t go on stories saying I’m going to rip the mothers throat out her vagina.
I don’t think being excluded from playing with another child because of the colour of your skin should be written off as “that’s life”

Reactions: 11

Carobee

Insta bubble seriously going to burst. It’s greedy and grabby now and not genuine. It’s no fun to watch anymore. Why do I want to see 20 boring stories of Stylemum unboxing all her gifts yay! & Mercer7 man styling ANOTHER oversized blazer & Erica Davies just putting a leopard turtle neck under every dress and MOD fishing for home decor freebies and Clemmie Telford gurning on her 4th holiday of the year or dresslikeamum skiing again or needy annoying INPO & her bloody gin rainbow or every other instamum waiting for something tragic to happen in the news so they can post about it and be all woke and caring to get likes. It’s over ladies, we’re on to you.

Wow, does Toby & Roo do that?? Thought she was doing well
She’s done it to me so many times I thought it was a joke so I blocked her as we were going round in circles. Sure it must be a bot doing it for her she can’t be that unaware if she’s followed unfollowed someone four or more times?? So bizarre! & like all sneaky behaviour it comes out in the end as it creates a bad taste hence here we are now outing them!

Reactions: 10
Rosie Ramsey, who I’ve found really funny and I love her podcast, is also now banging on about the fact that ADs allow people like her to create content for us. I can’t really explain why that attitude makes me so bloody angry but it does! 😡

Wetmyplants

VIP Member
So it’s ok if my kid is called fat or ugly or ******** on a daily basis but when it’s race it’s different? Bigger?
Never will it change. Never has never will. Humans will never learn and there will always be scummy humans & cruel kids
Bullying is never okay and should be dealt with appropriately but yes, I do think racism is a bigger issue and the school should be speaking to the parents as the child has obviously picked it up from someone.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’m so glad this thread exists. I’ve followed similar threads on Mumsnet with a bag of popcorn, but the moderation is so heavy handed it’s ridiculous. Glad people are allowed to be a bit more... forthright here.

I want to talk about Selfish Mother. Not strictly a freebie seeking, cliquey, typical Instamum, but she definitely ticks a lot of Instamum boxes - white, middle class, privileged, former journalist turned small business owner, ex-London moved out to the sticks, yadda yadda.

Like someone on the last thread, I bought a couple of sweatshirts but am now too embarrassed to leave the house with MOTHER emblazoned across my chest. And it seems like I’m not the only one, because new product launches seem to be few and far between, they keep sending me discount codes (plus follow up emails when I don’t bite!), and they’ve just closed their bricks and mortar shop in Bruton.

Wasn’t opening a shop a risky move in the first place? Why take a successful online shop and decide that what you really need as a business are massive overheads, salaries for shop floor staff and free Prosecco on Fridays? I know they tried to make it an event space and hosted talks featuring prominent Instamums, but I don’t think it was as successful as anticipated - probably because speakers and potential attendees aren’t so inclined to trek out to deepest Somerset. And then they spent money on a vast mural saying GOOD LIFE which was a great backdrop for Insta selfies but otherwise a really pointless, self-indulgent thing to do.

And then the Insta account turned into a ‘zine, which was an interesting concept I guess, and featured writing from high-tier Instamums (also THAT naked toilet selfie from CT because it was so amazing and raw and empowering and... 😖) but, ultimately, I couldn’t understand how they made actual money from it. And I couldn’t be arsed to read any of it because A) my inattentive ADHD brain couldn’t handle it and B) it was primarily the same old navel gazing middle class mum drivel.

I think SM was so successful initially because it found itself in the right place at the right time, and rode the wave of Instamum success at the same time as a lot of influencers, but the wheels are falling off and that seems symptomatic of the way people are sick of Instamum #content in general.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
CB will be winging her way over here to address this within the day , I’d stake an Instamum Gousto box on it 😁.

• Haha

snarksnark

Chatty Member
I wonder if The Park Cornwall realise that using CT or others on IG to advertise their business might be counter productive. I wouldn't stay there on principle now.
I'm with you on this one. I did look into staying there after MOD went a couple of years ago (or was it last year? I can't actually remember) as I thought it looked pretty good. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now.

I remember at the time questioning why the hell we couldn't afford to go away what seemed like every half term/ school holiday (let alone how on earth they managed to get so much time off work) and feeling pretty inadequate about it - then of course realised that of course it's affordable if every bloody holiday is gifted/ heavily subsidised.

U Wot

Ah Clemmie. Selflessly driving her family to Cornwall, risking stopping at a services without a Waitrose, so she can check out a hotel on our behalf. I look forward to her short, poorly written review. She has zero fucking awareness. It's getting embarrassing.
Shhhh you mustn’t comment on their writing. It’s stifles creativity if influencers are forced to proof read.

• Haha

Flamingollama

Chatty Member
Im just here lurking and realised thats what is more entertaining than Instagram are these threads and don't mind me whilst I gather material for my new book which won't be promoted to thousands of followers as no one gives a shit about me, I can't even get a mortgage my parents are poor and I got 4 credit cards that are maxed LOL #reallife and I'm not a mum (does dog mum count?) but this is just too salacious and you ladies are giving me excellent content! Thank you. I believe in kindness and decency and transparency but the Instamum movement has turned into drama and I'm now torn between tuning into the latest RHOC or catching up on 23 hours old stories! I gave up trying to please on insta as it wasn't getting me anywhere and I became a massive lick-ass which I realised (thankfully) and so I decided to just chill and wait for my material to make it on its own because I was hashtagging some questionable things and even thinking of conceiving just ya know so people realised my worth as a woman as clearly without a baby I am NOTHING possibly cold and sterile... anyways have a wonderful weekend! xxxx

But Alright Babs is a gem and she has always been so kind and lovely to me so I will just say this here! Lets knock those who come from nothing and try so hard, I get why she feels defeated she really is a good woman trying to make it and the table needs to be made bigger for the 'normal' women! the rest I do not know but I follow CB and I love her shoes and I think she is just doing her thing and has every right to be angry if she is, people just don't get it because they can't relate (I don't know as I don't watch everything)
My new book will be an Insta thriller!
Can’t work out if you’re taking the piss/pretending to be someone else or you’re being serious 🤣🤣

MinnieB

VIP Member
The Frugality posting on her stories about her digital download on how to save money..... and you have to buy it 😂😂 Oh, and she can’t wait to go on her next holiday😂😂😂 She is an absolute nutter, just back from nyc, just finished lovely new stair runner in her lovely house wearing all her fancy clothes and she’s just so frugal! Pull the other one!

• Haha

Jambojambo

VIP Member
I unfollowed Lanni loves a while back, she’s a lovely lady I haven’t got anything bad to say about her as a person but it all gets so samey, there’s only so many times you can watch someone paint the same walls different colours
Her daughter gets right on my tits

Reactions: 9

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Oh dear Erica Davies is being all melodramatic again ‘why am I here, what can I offer Instagram, there’s a shift towards negativity’ 🤔.

Give over love , IG is your job , you’re not going anywhere.

Stop moaning .

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I don’t know how I managed to work full time with 3 children before Clemmie Telford and her workshop mapped out ways to ‘manage the juggle’.

Honestly it’s a mystery 🙄🤔🧐.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
It's when they keep protesting that talent got them where they are (see: CT's 'list') when in reality it was just being happy to pimp the most intimate family moments.
For a lot of the instamums its privilege that got them where they are. A large proportion of the London centic ones seem to have wealthy parents, private schooling, a family income that affords them a large house and the opportunity to fanny about at product launches, breakfast 'meetings' and free holidays, while moaning how hard their life is. Boo-hoo :rolleyes:

sarahsmummy

I thought she wanted to make change, instead she has just turned into another instagram cliche. Shame, she had a voice, wish she had used it and not got blinded by the money and priviledge and turned into an Oprah wannabe. Ryvita next....

I thought that! Maybe she just didn’t declare she was self employed I mean I can imagine it’s quite awkward filling in a tax return as a prostitute
So she needs to be a limited comapny??? Way to rub it on our faces how much she is actually earning now!!! Off the back of followers...

My god the success has gone to CB’s head hasn’t it
totally

What about INPO’s latest AD now it’s fitness gear from next and Adidas it want to long ago it was the month long torture of her In M&S leopard print fitness leggings now we’ve moved swiftly on to a total other brand offering freebies. Wonder how long this fitness kick lasts
I thought that. You love M&S. Oh no, you love Next. Oh no sorry you adore someone else next week. TRANSPARENT AS FUCK

I don’t follow Ivy Coco because not only is she a walking talking ad for anyone who’ll pay her, not discerning at all 🤔 she also has a dreadful monotonous voice.

Not a fan.
She is hideous. Preyed on vulnerable mums who felt like she might be like them (no, she is not) then went in for anything and everythig that paid. Total joke, no time for this braggy wannabe. Get a fucking real job!

So disappointed to see an instagrammer I actually like, Gemma at Mutha.Hood, also tell us to use AFF links to support independent creators 🙄 or use them for ourselves - nice idea but how much shopping do you think my friends and I do it’d even be worth it?! Why am I now financially responsible for contributing to this farcical industry? Sorely tempted to just delete the app, although I do love coming here! Thank god I found Tattle!