Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think that it is hilarious. Oh and have you seen The Frugality has kindly done a blog post on Instagram etiquette?
I got blocked by The Frugality last week. She put a post up saying she could’ve bothered going to Lidl to get the weekly shop, she’d had a long week, she was tired and it was pay day so she did an online Ocado shop. Now seeing as she has jumped on the sustainability/eco bandwagon she then put a story up about making the “poor delivery man” wait whilst she unpacked her shopping so she could give him the plastic bags back that her shopping came in. I was furious dm’d her and told her so. Wasn’t arsed about climate change and her carbon footprint when she was on/off aeroplanes several times a month. Self entitled twat! 👊🏻👊🏻

Reactions: 14
Oh god DO ME A FAVOUR! I purposefully don't use AFF links because the idea of rewarding them for selling their values and their children out for financial gain supposedly "working really hard" as per the post she shared, makes me so angry. You're not doing a bloody public service, this isn't a kindness I owe you for. Get a bloody grip.

Instawanker

How hard is it to say sorry - only inpo could turn her need to be everywhere and to fuck up badly into her being the hard done by one.

Take it on the chin. You fucked up, for wowed by M&S and the need to be insta relevant. YOU said yes to the campaign without checking who was invoked. YOU thought your cancer scare made you relevant for the campaign, YOU feel the need to tell people you are still under consultant care (this is the same for anyone who has had breast biopsy - you are not special), YOU need to protect yourself (not giving a flying fuck about anyone other than you and boo).

But no YOU are getting nasty messages and that is wrong. YOU feel that negative messages don’t help and that we should be positive and raise other people up.

Other folk are checking on YOU and making sure YOU are ok.

YOU were so upset that you went to Bobby Brown, Matalan and Hobbycraft yesterday. YOU were so upset that you only removed the post today. YOU are full of self inflated opinion of yourself.

Does anyone else see the issue here? It is still all about her. Not about anyone else. Not about the money, the cancer, the people who were upset, angry and offended.

She really is the worst of the worst as she can not see what she has done wrong.

• Heart

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Yup, if Instagram shut down tomorrow the rest of us would carry on with our normal lives uninterrupted.

The Instagram lot, on the other hand , imagine the calamity of not being able to post , talk and sell sell sell !!😁

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Why do people think signing a petition will shut down Tattle ?

In a world where Trump is President.
Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt want to be Prime Minister.
Boots is under financial pressure and might close some shops
Aldi have stopped selling their gorgeous caramel short bread and Spurs might win the Champions League ......

Tattle is not that important. ( sorry Helen)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Wippsg

The “we can create lovely content for you” is such bollocks. Flogging me Flora is not lovely content. You going on a holiday I can’t afford is not lovely content. You trying on clothes I can’t fit into also not lovey content. It’s shit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

PureGegg

I'm glad I found this site, mainly because on reading the sanitised comments on these profiles I was starting to worry I was the only one thinking "what the focacia...why is everyone fawning"? 😂

I wouldn't necessarily write down some of it thoughts because they're still human beings who do have feelings (I'm not casting judgement, it makes interesting reading) BUT I can't help thinking there must be nights where they get a crippling dread about how much of their life they have shared?

You know that voice that freaks you out, at 3am when it starts to remind you of all the stupid things you've done and you start to feel the anxiety well up? (Or maybe its just me!)....surely these parents must get this? How the hell do you get out? They're in deep, they can talk themselves back around but they've gone so far.

Maybe the bubble bursting somehow will be the best for them all to retreat and go back to "normal". They aren't trained in how to keep yourself whilst projecting a character (which it has become for most), I have a feeling it will have some real negative results in the coming months/years. It isn't healthy.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Why do people think signing a petition will shut down Tattle ?

In a world where Trump is President.
Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt want to be Prime Minister.
Boots is under financial pressure and might close some shops
Aldi have stopped selling their gorgeous caramel short bread and Spurs might win the Champions League ......

Tattle is not that important. ( sorry Helen)
Someone start a petition to stop influencers selling their kids without any regulation.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Selfish Mother is on holiday and is braless. Somehow this has been framed as sticking it to The Man, shrugging off the “shackles of modern society” and “enforced ideals of femininity”.

I mean, I ditched underwired bras for stretchy crop tops years ago, but I didn’t realise I was making a grand political statement 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Any suggestions for hate following? I love a good smug mama
Dress like a mum really gets on my tits, if you’re not already following her? There’s a post on her grid about how she started the #dresslikeamum ‘campaign’ to move away from the negative connotations of mum dressing after the birth of her second child. She truly is a gift to human kind and it’s only a matter of time before she’s nominated for a Nobel peace prize. How on earth did mums dress before her Instagram account?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
All the fucking corporate Easter egg hunts and crafting sessions...my god. NO ONE cares as much about Easter as instamums do (except maybe Christians).

• Haha

ThreeFourFive

One thing that I loathe about all of this is the fetishising of parenthood. It’s not actually that fucking difficult if you don’t make a meal and a drama out of everything.
Just this. My grandparents did it, my parents did it and now my husband and I are doing it. Working and raising children with minimum fuss and drama.

NotSherlockHuns

Rosie Ramsey, who I’ve found really funny and I love her podcast, is also now banging on about the fact that ADs allow people like her to create content for us. I can’t really explain why that attitude makes me so bloody angry but it does! 😡
It's really annoying these people honestly think that they are doing people a service, when actually if they didn't post noone would really care or notice! All they do is moan about it. Why bother?

• Haha
S

SherlockHuns

Ugh I hate this argument of ‘mums can’t disagree with other mums WOMEN SHOULD SUPPORT WOMEN’ it’s such bollocks, women can actually have differing opinions about things you know.

I’m a mum and would never sell my kids online for freebies. I wouldn’t put photos of them online for thousands of people to see which may potentially embarrass them when they’re older.

If my kids followed my example I’d probably be grateful they could separate real life from Instagram and that they realise social media has it’s downfalls too.
This.
I'll also be raising my kids to have an opinion, and that it's OK to have one. That's what causes sheep mentality, that you have to agree with everyone because you might get labelled a bully. It's bloody annoying when people say 'you're mums' we're still people. Just because I'm a mum I should support other mums because they're mums? These people don't have to open their lives up for everyone to see but they're so narcissistic they think they shouldn't ever be criticised.

It's more disturbing that these people think exploiting their kids for fame/free stuff is the way forward. I don't buy the 'trying to make a living' either.

Palm23

One thing that I loathe about all of this is the fetishising of parenthood. It’s not actually that fucking difficult if you don’t make a meal and a drama out of everything.
Agree. I became aware of the Instamums when I was trying to get pregnant and honestly they started putting me off parenthood with all their huffing and sighing and gin o'clocks. Yeah, it's tiring and relentless and sometimes really tough, but mostly I'm really fucking fine and content and just getting on with stuff.

Loxyloo

At first I thought this site was full of trolls, due to an insta mum calling out the website on her page. But actually most of the people are just chatting. I don’t agree with the comments about people’s looks and saying nasty things. But I’m amazed at how these insta mums work! It’s really opened my eyes to the world of ads/af/gifted lol!!
I can’t believe I was so naive!
I like UGG, you can see that she does it to entertain herself more than anything and let’s be honest she doesn’t need the money. Also like Lucy, I know she’s abit nuts but she doesn’t bother me. But I’ve gone off MOD completely. Just because I think her content is so grabby and unrealistic, especially this bloody holiday she’s on! I remember viewing her posts about her holiday to Portugal I think about year ago at this beautiful villa, grandparents went the lot. And I was so....green with envy and even priced up the holiday myself and it was way over my price range and I thought how do they afford this??? Now I know, I have seen the light!! I think it’s the holidays that grip my shit the most with these mums! We are lucky if we get one a year and we hardworking people. Not saying these insta mums aren’t working to some degree but you are made to believe your life is shit because you aren’t providing the same for your family! Really annoying

Reactions: 11

Dumbdumb

It sounds glam big it’s a long long long way from the stage!
It's not even the glam thing.. The fact that they got it, when if they had a box free they could've sent some less privileged people? Imagine how much seeing someone like Michelle Obama would mean to young black people? To see that kind of representation live.. What are these women really going to get out of it? Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 11