Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just listening to the latest Inside Inside Number 9 podcast. I enjoy these as much as the programmes themselves!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Went on iPlayer very late last night after being awoken by puking kids and noticed there was a new episode. Anyway I was downstairs alone and put the new ep on, so glad it wasn’t too creepy, I don’t do well being alone with my own thoughts, especially on a windy night. Really enjoyed it, which is more than I can say for most of the last series. Hoping for more like this to come!

Reactions: 2
duck me, that was creepy! like the wicker man set in a primary school!

lovely to see reece's bare bum too!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Bloody hell! That was good. All the references to the wicker man over the years, so glad they just did it. Classic

Reactions: 10
E1 I thought there were some funny lines ("I got confused with your dog daughters") and a good build-up, but Bonnie being dead as predictable and the ending was meh.

Just watched E2...well, there's quite a lot to process from that one 😂

Last edited:
Another fantastic episode! I *did* have an inkling where it might be going when I saw all the harvest stuff, and knowing how much the guys love The Wicker Man, but that didn't spoil my enjoyment of it. Love how creepy it got at the end.

Extra points for having male nudity for a change! (Plus a nice, lingering shot on Reece's lovely pert posterior 😛)

Reactions: 10
I don't know if anyone watched the Q&A they put on YouTube from the preview event at the BFI (back in February-March I think?) They said that when recording that episode the child actors were given a separate script with a completely innocent story and everything else was edited in, the director says they kept asking things like "have we broken the fourth wall?" I had to laugh, I guarantee my nephew would do that

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think i ruined that one for myself when i had read it was really disturbing, i went in ready to be scared and wasnt.

It was a really funny episode though, but the ending wasnt thier for me.

Reactions: 3
I think i ruined that one for myself when i had read it was really disturbing, i went in ready to be scared and wasnt.

It was a really funny episode though, but the ending wasnt thier for me.
I thought the horror was similar to “The Harrowing”. The Midwich Cuckoos seems an obvious inspiration and I thought it was well executed. Zoning in on the Greta poster was sinister.

Reactions: 1
What do we think of the news that there's to be an American remake?

Steve and Reece are to produce but that's the height of their involvement. I don't know, TBH. 😬

SO wtf was the ending of the pedalo one about? Were they all dead, or just Reece Shearsmith's character?

Too clever for me, that one

Last edited:
SO wtf was the ending of the pedalo one about? Were they all dead, or just Reece Shearsmith's character?
Only Reece's character is dead. They said in the podcast / on Twitter that since he died, "the other side" means the world of the living - so somehow they survived the pedalo overturning

yeah, it's some documentary about the european super league thing that never happened on instead

I'm livid. had a tit day and a new inside no 9 would've sorted me out nicely 😔

• Angry
Reactions: 5