Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
I loved all of the series, but they are all quite dark this time round. The lockdown really seemed to have affected their writing.

Not a complaint, just observation.
Im not finding them dark enough 🤣 i want the chills and im not getting them

Reactions: 10
Maybe now they can make my wish come true and bring back Psychoville 😭 that show was genius. Don’t get me wrong I think inside no 9 is fantastic but I loved the characters on Psychoville

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Chunkymunky

Chatty Member
Does anyone else adore this show?
Blows me away each series.

Was so excited to see them revisit old Psychoville characters in the second episode, utterly brilliant!
It’s so creative and unique I think it’s fantastic and there’s such a joy in never knowing what sort of story you’re going to get. Never predictable.
I absolutely LOVE it! Was also a big fan of league of gentleman

Sweet Jane

I enjoyed it and it definitely merits a rewatch. Their absolute best was “the 12 days of Christine” but even the worst episode of No 9 is better than 90% of the
the stuff on TV.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
well fuck...

loved that one, proper slow burn, fully expecting it to be some kind of elaborate role play sitch but an absolute smack in the face in the last minute

and officious lotus inspector Reece is my new fave ❤

kachoochoo

VIP Member
fuck me, that was creepy! like the wicker man set in a primary school!

lovely to see reece's bare bum too!

• Haha
  • Heart

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
I thought it was brilliant! Great to see Mark Gatiss in one too, and clever that it was for a ‘reunion’ episode.
The pedalo bit made me laugh, especially as that’s what it changes to if you try and write p e d o here. 😆
I would recommend the podcast that Steve and Reece do on BBC sounds, always has some fascinating insights into the making of each episode.

Chunkymunky

Chatty Member
My faves has to be either 12 days of Xmas with sheridan smith OR either the one with Helen mcroy as the gothic woman in the big old house! They are all so cleverly done I’m loving the new series aswell so far

DrLoomis

I used to love the League of Gentlemen. I think once this last series has aired I'm going to do a run of League, Pyschoville and Inside No. 9.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
now that's how you do a xmas ghost story. until mark gatiss's adaptation of count magnus tomorrow ofc

although i did keep expecting reece to start saying, "i was a very naughty boy to this many moons ago..." cos his voice was exactly the same as stink ray in car share!

fucking loved it

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I absolutely love this show but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I know we're only 3 episodes in. But I miss the vibe of the early seasons, the really gritty and dark humour like the snuff film episode and the one with Sheridan Smith. The harvest thing was just a bit silly, and the end of this week's one was a bit odd as well. Will keep watching but I hope there's better episodes coming.

Reactions: 8

Web30

VIP Member
that was amazing. Im a massive reece fan, (especially topless!) but that ep showcased steve's acting to the fullest

and, for once, i had absolutely no idea where it was going!
Agree!! I was really in to the relationship and you can tell from this ep how close they are IRL. That ending came from nowhere which I loved.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
Just caught up with last week's episode... Best one of the series so far and probably up there in my top 5 episodes. Fantastic cast, and actually nice to see Steve and Reece in minor roles for a change.
It's great that they're willing to step back and give the leads to other actors, even though the show is their 'baby'. They could easily be egotistical about it.