“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not even really 'working' though are they. They're in their terms 'Collaborating', even if the deal is just free stays in return for posting.
Kaz Crossley was desperately trying to extend her 'I-Promise-I'm-Here-For-Work' Visa, publicly asking on her stories if any brands in Dubai wanted to collab.
They're all desperately taking on these collaborations so they have an excuse to stay and say they're shooting for X brand
Ah okay, I wondered how it all worked. Some of them have been out there since December

Reactions: 2
Our border control obviously aren’t caring too much about the people going out there though as technically you need a legally permitted reason but they don’t have to give any proof? Another influencer, Alex Marks, is in Mexico and he’s just answered a question box saying that no one at Heathrow or abroad asked him for proof of work and he ticked a box to say he was going over for tourism and nothing was asked. This country is fucked 🤡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I gave a feeling this will end badly for at least one of them.

it stands to reason.

No qualifications or skills, free holidays when airports & travel are deserted, sex work etc etc

just remember - Dubai authorities can and will enforce the law when they need to. Seeing one of these brain dead z listers punished will brighten up my day.

they add nothing to society. Nothing.

Reactions: 26
Ah okay, I wondered how it all worked. Some of them have been out there since December
As well some of these influencers supposedly "own" brands e.g. Kaz with Kaz Bands, Montana with Swim Society... so they're all guising photoshoots and 'launch parties' in Maldives and Dubai as being for work.
When in reality, they're not launch parties...they're just boozy dinners with mates in STK and bringing mates alongside to 'model' said product

Reactions: 9
Examples of “celebs” on holiday that represent the below brands so you can have evidence when reporting them

PLT - Molly Mae, Francesca Allen
Boohoo - Amber Turner, Georgia Steel, Amber Gill, Maura Higgins, Yasmin and Lockie, Wes Nelson
Pandora - Sam Faiers
Herbalife - Fearne McCann and Danielle Armstrong
M&S food - Rochelle Humes
Boux Avenue - Montana Brown
Not sure if this has been said already but Elle Brown (Love Island) works with Missguided, Boohoo, Shein and Lounge

Has anyone complained to any of these companies or the influencers’ agents? What kind of responses have you got back?

Reactions: 5
If any of you have seen the chloe ferry thread where she's currently in dubai and posting photos of herself with coke on the table in the background ( has since been deleted) but I think they all think it's summer in ibiza and anything goes, it just takes one of them to get on the wrong side of the authorities out there and things can turn very very horrible for them. Media and people in general are picking up on it so the backlash for them is coming.

Reactions: 17
Amena khan another influencer in Dubai with her family she travelled after the national lockdown. Seriously you would never think we are in a pandemic on top of that she’s showing it off on her insta and being so tone deaf

Reactions: 5
KATIE HOPKINS Love her or hate has posted a video calling them all out.

Reactions: 7

I don’t agree with death threats, but maybe the constant messaging from people is sinking in, or at least hittinf the tiny conscience they have.
The first lockdown wasn’t a time for shameless self promotion, but people jsut cracked on because it was nice weather, we were all in the same waters. This time its different. This is going to be the beginning of the end for some of these idiots.....

Reactions: 6
These influencers infuriate me. Swanning around in Dubai like there is no pandemic, and then when they are called out they have the audacity to post sob videos asking people to stop messaging them telling them they are wrong :mad:🙄
It’s not bloody difficult, if you don’t like others opinions then don’t post what you’re doing online!!!!
I really hope this is the year that being an influencer stops being a profession and these idiots have to get a real job.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Danielle Armstrong’s boyfriend posting photos of him out for a meal in Dubai with a table full of people. No social distancing or masks anywhere to be seen

ETA: ha, he’s deleted that photo already.....

twit.

KATIE HOPKINS Love her or hate has posted a video calling them all out.
she hasn’t though. It was just her trying to have a stab at Piers Morgan & Gary Lineker.

Reactions: 7

I don’t agree with death threats, but maybe the constant messaging from people is sinking in, or at least hittinf the tiny conscience they have.
The first lockdown wasn’t a time for shameless self promotion, but people jsut cracked on because it was nice weather, we were all in the same waters. This time its different. This is going to be the beginning of the end for some of these idiots.....
I think the article is exaggerating a tad, The Mirror is just as bad.

Dubai is quickly becoming the equivolent of going to Benidorm for your jollies and getting off your tits on overpriced vodka and drugs. The place stinks of corruption and sex trade. No matter how much money you throw at it with the kind of clientele they are drawing in the place will always be tacky and cheap looking. I might sound like a snob but I just can’t see the appeal on being surrounded by a load of plastic gobby loud posers with their fake titties, lips, fillers and teeth veneers every time you go to the beach or for a meal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Dubai is quickly becoming the equivolent of going to Benidorm for your jollies and getting off your tits on overpriced vodka and drugs. The place stinks of corruption and sex trade. No matter how much money you throw at it with the kind of clientele they are drawing in the place will always be tacky and cheap looking. I might sound like a snob but I just can’t see the appeal on being surrounded by a load of plastic gobby loud posers with their fake titties, lips, fillers and teeth veneers every time you go to the beach or for a meal.
They are all at the five palm. The more exclusive places would be too expensive for the chavs.

Reactions: 8
Dubai is somewhere that has just never ever appealed to me at all. It just screams of vulgarity. Vacuous people with more money than sense posing and prancing around in an entirely man made place that been purposely built to fuel consumerism in its worst form. I cannot see the appeal at all, there’s millions of other places in the world I’d rather go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Dubai is somewhere that has just never ever appealed to me at all. It just screams of vulgarity. Vacuous people with more money than sense posing and prancing around in an entirely man made place that been purposely built to fuel consumerism in its worst form. I cannot see the appeal at all, there’s millions of other places in the world I’d rather go.
It does have some culture to be fair, the souks and the desert trips are amazing. But yes, it is like an Arabian Disneyland. But the hotels are amazing and we always enjoy the experience when we go. But sad to see it over run with plastic chavs. My friend who lives there can no longer go out as she’s so scared of getting the virus because of these idiots. She’s said she’s never seen so many common chavs in Dubai before.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.