Indian Matchmaking (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I'm on season 2 and don't want to give away any spoilers! Aparna really annoyed me in S1

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I preferred s1 so much more than s2! A few more new clients would have made it far more interesting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Me too! S2 hasn't enthralled me like S1 did. I do think Sima aunty is quite funny with her one-liners and that iconic intro: "I'm Sima from Mumbai"

Binge watched the entire series 2 day before yesterday! But have to re-watch the last two episodes cos I was cooking and couldn’t concentrate. Love it!

Aparna is giving asexual vibes for sure. I like her more this series than in the last one though.

Would’ve liked to see a little follow up with that really nice nerdy schoolteacher guy from series 1, the one whose dad in prison for organizing his mum’s murder.

Sima auntie is great! But out of curiosity I’d love to know how much money she charges for her services, and how much she makes per year 😆

I think Sima auntie’s advice is good when it comes to people’s checklists for their prospective spouses - be realistic and prepare to compromise on 30-40 per cent of the list.

• Heart
I haven't seen the whole of the second series yet, but I am excited for the fact that it seems in series 3 some of it will be filmed in London, this is what I think they should have done before, there are so many countries with a lot of Indian diaspora it would be interesting to go to other places, Australia, Thailand etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I watched the series in reverse - season 2 first, so now watching season 1. I like Nadia and Shital, but I don't know how many of these people are genuine and how many are actors/"influencers" trying to get famous, like those idiots on Love Island/Love is Blind. Some of these people are deluded. The investment banker in S2 with big wobbly love handles talking about how he's into fitness and wants someone who is into fitness ... the duck?

Anyone watching?
Watching S1 and Aparna ain't into men
And Pradhyuman ain't into women.

I know what you mean @hehehe ..I wonder if they're genuine or not (Aparna seems to have used to show as a launchpad for her book). I wasn't a fan of Nadia in S2 (her full on ugly crying face meltdown in public was too much and she didn't seem to know what she wanted). LOL my sister said the same thing about the banker and had no sympathy for him when Priya didn't pursue him. Really!? But he got married to Ashima - do you think it's one of those marriages of convenience?

Just started season 3... anyone else? Priya the "intimidating" is already annoying me. It's going to be a long season. 😩
I know what you mean @hehehe ..I wonder if they're genuine or not (Aparna seems to have used to show as a launchpad for her book). I wasn't a fan of Nadia in S2 (her full on ugly crying face meltdown in public was too much and she didn't seem to know what she wanted). LOL my sister said the same thing about the banker and had no sympathy for him when Priya didn't pursue him. Really!? But he got married to Ashima - do you think it's one of those marriages of convenience?
Oh definitely 😅

I must admit it's not piqued my interest this time round. I think my brain had enough with S2 😂

• Haha
Phew these folks are annoying.

The surgeon with the first match: "she doesn't meet the checklist 100%!" then meeting the second match: "I'm not just looking for a checklist!"

I love this show. Finished s3 yest. Sima now officially annoys me. The just pairs two people and then advises to turn a blind eye to things that you just don’t like about the other person. Those days are gone

Ok so curiosity got the better of me. I've started watching S3. First of all how did she manage to get all the food through the airport? She obviously didn't declare it, and I think it's quite grim how she's vac packed rotis (as if you can't get good Indian food in a city like London). Also: Bobby gives me the ick so badly at the moment