India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but how is it that Tattle are allowing all this trans talk on a an IK thread? It's totally off topic. I said one tiny thing about the Harry & Megan thread somewhere else and my post got deleted. But a derailing trans thread is totally allowed is it?

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry but how is it that Tattle are allowing all this trans talk on a an IK thread? It's totally off topic. I said one tiny thing about the Harry & Megan thread somewhere else and my post got deleted. But a derailing trans thread is totally allowed is it?
I said something similar weeks ago on this thread, and my post was (presumably reported and) deleted. I don't think going off-topic is strictly against the rules here, but I agree with you.

Reactions: 2
Eleanor Morgan, one of the few high profile people on Twitter who've spoken out against about Joyce's sentencing, posted some brilliant tweets this morning:

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Eleanor Morgan, one of the few high profile people on Twitter who've spoken out against about Joyce's sentencing, posted some brilliant tweets this morning:
It's telling that anyone who mentions it is in no way connected with News UK / News International papers, isn't it? I wonder who she's specifically referring to when she says "certain journalists — with a keen interest in predatory men, partic. in the ‘trans debate’ — are silent"? Suzanne Moore, maybe?

I posted this in the Caitlin Moran thread yesterday because it was relevant to the discussion, so sorry for duplication, but the journalist Mic Wright (@brokenbottleboy) is also one of the few voices speaking up:

Reactions: 14
She is bang on. The more I think about it, the more I feel terrified at how this has been largely swept under the rug.

The entire story is shocking, upsetting and incredibly dark, from every angle - from EJ blaming alcohol and claiming the love of a good woman has put him straight, to IK making herself the victim, to the cabal of journos who’ve kept entirely schtum. Not to mention EJ’s history with Tattle! How dare IK have called Tattle users “married incels” over SH’s fantasy version of events, when she was sharing her life and bed with a man who watched a video of a baby being raped (sorry for graphicness of that word but it’s true and we should say it. I won’t pussyfoot around this stuff to avoid recognising the seriousness of it).

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
It's telling that anyone who mentions it is in no way connected with News UK / News International papers, isn't it? I wonder who she's specifically referring to when she says "certain journalists — with a keen interest in predatory men, partic. in the ‘trans debate’ — are silent"? Suzanne Moore, maybe?

I posted this in the Caitlin Moran thread yesterday because it was relevant to the discussion, so sorry for duplication, but the journalist Mic Wright (@brokenbottleboy) is also one of the few voices speaking up:

Janice Turner who follows EJ, I would guess. (Obviously people can follow who they like and it doesn't mean you approve of them.)

Reactions: 2
Almost time for a new thread, post your thread name suggestions and vote!

This is going to be brutal. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I actually agree with this! I shouldn’t have used transphobic to differentiate between groups of people in this instance but I think it’s off to say there’s any correlation with being a paedophile and also being in favour of same sex loos.
But there is a correlation in Eric Joyce’s case. And it matters because it’s not some random two issues, but a criminal paedophile calling for easier access to women and children in a space where they are particularly vulnerable. And there have been other cases recently. To point this out is not to say that all or even many paedophiles are also campaigning against single sex toilets. It is simply pointing out where this is the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m still utterly shocked by the whole thing, the offences, the mitigation of drinking and relationship, the sentencing, the absolute lack of appropriate press coverage, and the continued access on one hand to a column that never mentions the situation and on the other to the fact that, I’m repeating my own words, a convicted paedophile sex offender is still PUBLICLY using social media. God knows what’s going on in private use.

When you think of the absolute witch hunts there have been of people in this country over less, it’s just absolutely nauseating. I am so cross.

Reactions: 20
@JoyceDivision That's it, I've just downloaded the Foodim app! Scrolling through it now and WOW how is Jack not embarrassed at posting her food there, so many amazingly talented 'amateurs' who knock her offerings out the park! Also, I think I've discovered why she's been going on about Biscoff - within the first couple of minutes, I saw week-old pics of Biscoff cheesecake, muffins, etc. I think we can monitor her future cooking thefts 'inspirations' by tracking the app.
Yay! Come follow me - I promise never to post slop, Brownies Honour 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m still utterly shocked by the whole thing, the offences, the mitigation of drinking and relationship, the sentencing, the absolute lack of appropriate press coverage, and the continued access on one hand to a column that never mentions the situation and on the other to the fact that, I’m repeating my own words, a convicted paedophile sex offender is still PUBLICLY using social media. God knows what’s going on in private use.

When you think of the absolute witch hunts there have been of people in this country over less, it’s just absolutely nauseating. I am so cross.
Absolutely this. I actually came on here to say: IS THAT IT?? He carries on as a free man, pratting about with attempts at political comment on Twitter. She carries on with her witless columns. Without even an acknowledgment from either of them. And, crucially, most followers/readers of both unaware about the CSE conviction. All in plain sight.

It increasingly seems that the best method in public life of any sort is ‘Never apologise, never explain.’ That this is working for Joyce and Knight right now is really worrying. No adequate consequence legally, on social media or in the press.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Absolutely this. I actually came on here to say: IS THAT IT?? He carries on as a free man, pratting about with attempts at political comment on Twitter. She carries on with her witless columns. Without even an acknowledgment from either of them. And, crucially, most followers/readers of both unaware about the CSE conviction. All in plain sight.

It increasingly seems that the best method in public life of any sort is ‘Never apologise, never explain.’ That this is working for Joyce and Knight right now is really worrying. No adequate consequence legally, on social media or in the press.
I think that *right now* they are trying this tactic of ignoring it and hoping for the best, but it will become increasingly obvious to both of them that it's not something which will be forgotten, and they're not going to be able to carry on as usual.
I actually watched that BBC3 documentary yesterday and it's really hard going, but probably worth it if you can stomach it (I had to keep pausing it and walking away for wee breaks as it's so sickening / rage-inducing).

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think that *right now* they are trying this tactic of ignoring it and hoping for the best, but it will become increasingly obvious to both of them that it's not something which will be forgotten, and they're not going to be able to carry on as usual.
Afraid I can’t see how that will happen. The time for a big fuss in the media is gone. The chances of a change in the sentencing are presumably tiny. How do you see serious consequences occurring?

(I simply can’t cope with attempting that documentary.)

Reactions: 5
And it seems none of India's Twitter blue tick friends are going to publicly condemn EJ. Which is odd given how much of their private lives they will write about and how keen they to share their mundane opinions on any given topic.

But if anyone dare mention it on their social media they will be called a troll and the comments deleted.

Reactions: 12
I posted a tweet, in response to India’s article, in her hated of fake grass, and it was retweeted to Marian Keyes.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
And it seems none of India's Twitter blue tick friends are going to publicly condemn EJ. Which is odd given how much of their private lives they will write about and how keen they to share their mundane opinions on any given topic.
I think it will be interesting when the next high profile figure or MP gets caught for thr same crime. If any of those blue tickers mention it then Eric articles will be and should be posted below their comments.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.