India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mic Wright often strikes duff notes, and his main gripe appears to be that he gets annoyed by people with more money than him, which is boring. But I like the fact heā€™s gunning for the dreadful IK and also dreadful (tho not in a harbouring a paedophile way) Polly Vernon, whose main shtick appears to be that she doesnā€™t have children but does devote her life to making sure her stomach is taut.
Yes, I think Mic Wright appears to sometimes confuse downplaying and obfuscating privilege, which is a legit issue amongst this crowd, with ā€œI hate people who have more money than me, especially womenā€.

Makes some good points but a lot of it is reaching, too. Think he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Anyway, Julie Burchill truly pulls no punches with the tweet about EJ preferring nappies. I donā€™t always agree with her but I do respect the hell out of her.

Reactions: 9
Julie Burchill can write. For that alone I love her. And Iā€™d love to have her on my side and Iā€™d love to come across her on tattle. And I genuinely think sheā€™s wise and would be an amazing laugh. 100% dream dinner party guest/strong contender for my fantasy top best friend.

Some of her Tweets re IK are very sharp. But I think sheā€™s sussed the target and is aware that this couple are basically impervious to criticism. Sometimes nasty people need a little nastiness in order to have a little think.

Thing is, surely IK is having the worst time of her life and cannot be staying with him because she condones it. More likely feels she needs him or something. Sheā€™s trading a lot of social capital by staying so there must be a heavy reason.

Having said that, Iā€™ve not ever seen any evidence of humility or empathy from her and have come to believe sheā€™s a nasty piece of work and a powerful bully. So I canā€™t really claim to be sympathetic. If I were to invest sympathy itā€™s more likely to be reflective people who suffer at the hands of over confident and self aggrandising bullies like her and her clique. I dread to think how many would be journalists etc there are who have had an unpleasant run in with her, LL, CM, SH etc etc

Reactions: 16
IK is a dreadful person, a sneer in human form. You just know that she's the type of "friend" that would utter many a passive aggressive remark disguised as "it's for your own good".

Reactions: 13
Really shocked that IK posted that disastrous looking picture of her before her post lockdown hairdo.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Surely her family and maybe some friends who arenā€™t afraid of her are trying to persuade her to leave him. As a commenter above says, she is losing a huge amount by clinging onto this relationship. Even if she hangs onto her columns, there are many many people who will not want anything to do with her even if they are too frightened to publicly condemn. And Iā€™m sure some residents of the village They live in have made their views known. Itā€™s not like you can be anonymous somewhere like that.

Reactions: 5
Surely her family and maybe some friends who arenā€™t afraid of her are trying to persuade her to leave him. As a commenter above says, she is losing a huge amount by clinging onto this relationship. Even if she hangs onto her columns, there are many many people who will not want anything to do with her even if they are too frightened to publicly condemn. And Iā€™m sure some residents of the village They live in have made their views known. Itā€™s not like you can be anonymous somewhere like that.
I imagine she just surrounds herself with sycophants tbh who wonā€™t challenge her, anyone else think the same? She doesnā€™t seem to cope with criticism at all ( much like so many blue tickers tbh)

Reactions: 1
Really shocked that IK posted that disastrous looking picture of her before her post lockdown hairdo.
Especially considering how judgemental she is. She has written books and articles on how women "should" look, dress themselves, wear their hair, etc

Does he have something over her which means she can't leave for fear of it being exposed? I can't think of any other reason, genuinely.

Does he have something over her which means she can't leave for fear of it being exposed? I can't think of any other reason, genuinely.
Fear of being alone? Which I donā€™t understand in this situation at all (obviously!) but quite powerful. I also wonder if in these situations thereā€™s a lot of ā€˜I pleaded guilty because blah blah but you know I didnā€™t really do it / those friends sent it to me / excuse excuse excuseā€™ and then if the partner stops believing that then they have to confront all of the awful stuff thatā€™s true that they lived with / accepted etc - and what that means about them - the facade dropping comes with too much of a personal cost.

I know the above sounds ridiculous and awful but I think people In general can build up quite a strong delusion with this stuff. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a better way of describing this than I have.

Reactions: 8
Fear of being alone? Which I donā€™t understand in this situation at all (obviously!) but quite powerful. I also wonder if in these situations thereā€™s a lot of ā€˜I pleaded guilty because blah blah but you know I didnā€™t really do it / those friends sent it to me / excuse excuse excuseā€™ and then if the partner stops believing that then they have to confront all of the awful stuff thatā€™s true that they lived with / accepted etc - and what that means about them - the facade dropping comes with too much of a personal cost.

I know the above sounds ridiculous and awful but I think people In general can build up quite a strong delusion with this stuff. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a better way of describing this than I have.
Pride too, she's put up with so much from him, if she dumps him now she has to admit everyone has been right all along.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if sheā€™s watching this Carl Beech programme? They interview his ex wife. Awkward moments in the over done up house.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
India Knight's daughter is no longer living with her. She is with her father in London.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.