I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why should people with kids be more important and worthy of a treat than those without? I'm a mum and I don't agree with that.
Totally agree!

I work with people who expect to get priority for booking Christmas off because they have kids. It always pissed me off and even know that I am a Mum myself I wouldn't expect special treatment.
There are a few people I work with who can't have kids and wanted them so for someone to say they shouldn't get Christmas off because they don't have kids is awful!

Yes! End of the day, she choose to go in there without no contact from her young kids for up to 3 weeks. No one forced her!
And like people have said she's not the only parent in there and there have been plenty of people in the jungle in the past with children just as young as hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Totally agree!

I work with people who expect to get priority for booking Christmas off because they have kids. It always pissed me off and even know that I am a Mum myself I wouldn't expect special treatment.
There are a few people I work with who can't have kids and wanted them so for someone to say they shouldn't get Christmas off because they don't have kids is awful!

And like people have said she's not the only parent in there and there have been plenty of people in the jungle in the past with children just as young as hers.
i was literally going to say something like this, the whole situation reminds me of when it’s Christmas at work and people get told that those with children should have the days off... erm.

Reactions: 20
Why should people with kids be more important and worthy of a treat than those without? I'm a mum and I don't agree with that.
Because children are at home watching and it provides a huge boost and connection to children at home watching their mum/dad receive a message from home
A parent/child bond is a primal thing and kids at home to dot have the coping skills that an adult may have in times of separation

No one is saying at all that AJ/Jordan dont have loved ones back home or need a boost but how can you compare AJs ‘girlfriend’ who is flat out selling stories to the press and posing in her pants just to drum up publicity to 3 young children at home who miss their mum...and dont get me started on that creepy Curtis...

And Jordan himsef said he didnt mind going without so that his campmates could have something from their families

Reactions: 7
Totally agree!

Jess’ daughter is 4, Shane has young kids a lot of them have kids under 18. It’s strange that people are focusing on her having kids so much!

Also, yes about the holidays it’s the same in my work - one of my colleges partner is a teacher so booked every half term off then the same people who have kids do as well it’s almost impossible over Christmas to get any time off to spend with family!

Reactions: 12
Because children are at home watching and it provides a huge boost and connection to children at home watching their mum/dad receive a message from home
A parent/child bond is a primal thing and kids at home to dot have the coping skills that an adult may have in times of separation

No one is saying at all that AJ/Jordan dont have loved ones back home or need a boost but how can you compare AJs ‘girlfriend’ who is flat out selling stories to the press and posing in her pants just to drum up publicity to 3 young children at home who miss their mum...and dont get me started on that creepy Curtis...

And Jordan himsef said he didnt mind going without so that his campmates could have something from their families
I don't understand your point.
AJ and Jordan didn't get their treats, it's not like they got picked over her.
She probably would have been picked next but they didn't get another chance.

Like I've said, the editing didn't show the whole thing.
People were probably just returning the favour to the people that gave them their treats. She got an empty box and didn't give anyone a treat. AJ gave 2 other people treats but they might have got empty boxes or stars and could return the favour to him.

She'll get her treat anyway, they always do. It will be the reward for the coin challenge soon

Reactions: 7
...and dont get me started on that creepy Curtis
:LOL: But this issue is a bit bigger than the childfree people in there. Often in society you're deemed to be worth less (not worthless) if you don't have children

Reactions: 21
I don’t think Giovanna should have had the treats just because she’s a mum, she knew what she was setting herself up for going in there, by extension the rest of her family did too so should be able to prepare the kids to understand ‘mummy will see you soon’ to stop all this anguish, after all she is in Wales not a sodding gulag. I mean you can extend that reasoning to anything can’t you. ‘Hollie should have got extra Stars in the trial with Shane because she is disabled and that trial was unfair’, ‘Bev should get a treat because she is missing MegaShag’ etc - okay I’m joking there, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ she shouldn’t get special treatment because she’s had children and can squeeze out some tears imo

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Look its just the way the cookie crumbles...last night was just unfortunate for Gi but im sure she will be back on screen tonight happy as Larry doing her silly hand wave...people getting v sensitive here as if empathy for Gi is implying that childless people ares less deserving...thats not the case at all...just a bit of perspective on the little eyes and ears at home who miss their parents! Inwould extend the same empathy had it been vern or shane or mo etc who had missed out...

Reactions: 5
I just can’t deal with celebrity and influencer nonsense anymore - Covid has put it into perspective how worthless they all are, they have no importance just massive egos!

There are people dying alone, spending months in hospitals and care homes alone, in comas or sedated alone, people are having scary medical procedures alone with no support, women are having miscarriages alone in hospital... the world is going through a crisis but....poor Gi not getting her chocolate buttons or hearing from her kids. Come on!!

There must be millions of people around the world wishing not getting chocolate buttons was the worst thing to happen to them this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As a mum I don’t think Gi should have got the treat just because she’s got young kids, at the end of the day she’s chosen to go in there and will no doubt happily take the pay cheque at the end of it! However I also understand that she would be upset by it. They’re cold, tired and in a crazy bubble with no contact to the outside world so their emotions are probably all over the place. I’m sure in their every day lives they can have perspective of how lucky they are, but how you feel is all relative to the situation you find yourself in. Having a little message from home dangled in front of you but then not to get it was upsetting for all the ones who missed out I expect. And as a massive sweet tooth I would cry more over missing the Giant Buttons!🤣 Then everyone watching would say I was a cold, heartless mum who missed chocolate more than my kids 🤣🤪

Reactions: 11
Look its just the way the cookie crumbles...last night was just unfortunate for Gi but im sure she will be back on screen tonight happy as Larry doing her silly hand wave...people getting v sensitive here as if empathy for Gi is implying that childless people ares less deserving...thats not the case at all...just a bit of perspective on the little eyes and ears at home who miss their parents! Inwould extend the same empathy had it been vern or shane or mo etc who had missed out...
I don’t think it’s just that people are being very sensitive here, as you actually did imply they were less deserving when you said people with kids should have priority over those who are unmarried and childless.

Anyway....who do we think will be next out??

Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s just that people are being very sensitive here, as you actually did imply they were less deserving when you said people with kids should have priority over those who are unmarried and childless.

Shane for me to go

Reactions: 9

Got to be AJ. Then hopefully his girlfriend will stop with her daily exclusives in the papers

• Haha
Reactions: 12

No one is disputing the bond but my previous point still stands - if Gi was so concerned at missing her children then she wouldn’t have chosen to spend this time away from them to further her own career. Regardless of the bond etc, it was her choice to go in there and stay, she could leave at any time. So therefore she has to be subject to the same tasks/rules/ letdowns as other contestants. The fact that children don’t have the same coping techniques as adults means their parents should protect them from this if they feel they are not able to cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If gi misses the kids that badly then all she as to say is “ Im a kind-of-celeb get me out of hereeeeee!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.