Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I wonder if it's only in central London, where the main sights are, that people get the black snot and symptoms of the pollution. Does this occur outside of central london, such as in North London and the 'greener' parts?
I think its just the tubes, how dusty and grimey those tunnels are 🤢 i dont get the black snots if im there by bus but get them every time from the tube.

Reactions: 1

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I wonder if it's only in central London, where the main sights are, that people get the black snot and symptoms of the pollution. Does this occur outside of central london, such as in North London and the 'greener' parts?
I mean I live in south London and travel on the tube often and I can confirm this has never happened to me 😅😅

• Haha

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I went down to collect my sister from work today. There was a girl who had been in my class throughout secondary school and I haven’t seen her in years. I didn’t smile at her or say hi either because we weren’t even close.

Random guy walking with his dog (rufus) today which stopped to look at me got a hi back because his dog was cute and so was he 😂.
I would be the same 🤣🤣 I avoid eye contact especially with people I know but don’t want to talk too 😅
To be fair, I know loads of people say we’re not friendly and don’t say hello and that but the second you smile at a random person if it’s a fella he thinks you’re into him and you spend the rest of your journey refusing to give your number sooo that might be why we’re like this 🤷🏽‍♀️

coriander

VIP Member
Love London, fave city in the UK. Although maybe I'm biased because I don't live there and only go for fun. So much to do and I like the vibes.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I find it weird that people expect to be smiled at on the tube 🤣🤣 why would I smile at a random stranger who I don’t know
I went down to collect my sister from work today. There was a girl who had been in my class throughout secondary school and I haven’t seen her in years. I didn’t smile at her or say hi either because we weren’t even close.

Random guy walking with his dog (rufus) today which stopped to look at me got a hi back because his dog was cute and so was he 😂.

• Haha

Katienana

I live in Newcastle and find London is just massive and so busy and always full of people. In Newcastle you can walk down a city centre street and its quiet, in London there are people everywhere!
I love how buzzy it feels, like you're where everything happens and there is something important going on. The parks are lovely and I love all the iconic sights.
Downsides are the crazy traffic, and people can be a bit short tempered. It's not as friendly as Newcastle. I also find it gross how dirty my skin is after a day in London, my face cloth is black!
I wouldn't live there, but I'd like to visit more often.

• Wow

Zoe88

It's good to visit but I'm so glad I can leave and not be around all the people and pollution and rushing (I live in the south). I find it very expensive, lots of pretentious people and lots of rude people. My sister lives there and it takes me the same amount of time to get the train in as her to get the overground and underground to work when it's really not that far from her. There's lots of nice things to see. I just can't stand the people.

Rbarb-bkini

I love London, I used to really want to move there. I only had one crappy experience when I was trying to scan my Oyster card coming out of a tube station and it wasn't working and every person coming out just ignored me and reached around me to scan their own. It's like I was invisible and I was baffled that not one person stopped to help.

It's been a while since I last went but I'm hoping to go with a friend in December to see a show, which is exciting because I've never been in London around Christmas time! I know it will be a lot busier but I can't wait to see all the lights!

HumphreyB

VIP Member
Ive never lived in London but have friends who are from London so we visit often enough. I do like it, but then again I like city living in general. I love how invisible you can be. Just one person amongst many going about your business. The public transport is great, love the food options too. I do think given the chance I would live in London but perhaps outside the city. I do think its very expensive though and not always justifiably so.

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I love the tube. I’d rather be packed in to a train (although when I’ve been to London rarely actually been packed in on the tube) than wait an hour (or more) for a train. The worst is when you miss a connecting train by 1minute then have to wait an hour for the next. The other week I had a 3 hour wait for the next train and this was at a main city station.

• Wow

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
It's the complete opposite of where I live. The culture shock would probably kill me 😬
I'd like to do the big tourist attractions but probably never will.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Oxford Street, Regent Street and Carnaby Street for the lights. Expect it to be busy but if you can go during the week it may be a bit more bearable.
Selfridges (on Oxford St) always used to have amazing window displays but some years they were a bit weird but maybe that's because I prefer traditional Christmas decs?!
Picadilly circus
Somerset House
I'd suggest to walk everywhere rather than take transport if you can as you're more likely to see random little side streets, shops and attractions that you may miss if you do it all on the underground 😊 definitely wear comfy shoes!

Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park is good to wander through.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will certainly look into those. I'll probably do a bunch of stuff while I'm there. I don't know if any friends will come with me, I'm trying to get one or two to come, but if not I'll go by myself and see what I can get up to. Probably visit Harrods and Fortnum & Mason to check out their Xmas displays and what xmassy products they have available too.

mcfeez

VIP Member
I really like London, I think its a great city. I love how big it is and how much there is to do. I do think I'd enjoy living there but the expense of living in it puts me off so much. Rent/mortgage is ridiculous, even transport is so expensive. I would get paid more in my job but its not proportional to the rise in accommodation expenses etc. I love to travel and think that would be a sacrifice I'd have to make if I lived there.

I've only been in the tourist areas. Nothing too bad just very busy and feel like you can't stop and look at things sometimes.

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I’ve been twice this week (three day break with a friend and a two day solo break). I love it when i’m there, but I don’t think I could live there.

17xa

I’ve been living in London 6 years now, currently living in SE. I’m fed up of it and want to move away but it’s just not feasible work wise for my fiancé or I.
I think I will enjoy it a lot more in the future when I can live somewhere else and enjoy the occasional trip to London.

emm

VIP Member
I think its just the tubes, how dusty and grimey those tunnels are 🤢 i dont get the black snots if im there by bus but get them every time from the tube.
yeah I agree, my mum moved here in the 70s and then it was apparently basically whenever you went outside :sick: because of all the pollution. Really don;t think it is the same now

Taetae95

Love it when I'm there and lived there for a bit but think I appreciate it more now I live outside the city!

I’m a country girl and live in Sussex but I LOVE a day/weekend in London, I get such a buzz arriving to all the Hussle and bustle. I used to work there a fair but when I was in banking and stay over and always really enjoyed it but I couldn’t live there now I’m older with horses and dogs. Love seeing the lights at Christmas!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I'll be honest I experienced this after I came back to London after a week in Brighton with my sister. A good deal of our time was spent walking on/ along the beach.