If you're not from London what do you think of it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a general musing as I'm waiting for the baby to go to sleep.

Have grown up in and around London all my life but wonder what you think of it if you don't live there and just visit for the day or something?

I've been to Manchester and loved it, not enough of my family there to move there but would love to live 'up north' one day ☺

Reactions: 7
I liked some parts of it last time I was there but I wouldn't rush back.

Reactions: 2
I grew up near London and now live about 3 hours away. I used to go several times a year on day trips visiting various different areas - I'd always find something new and interesting to visit and I loved exploring the museums.😊 I do miss not living near enough to do it in a day trip. Well, I could but it would be a long tiring day.
I haven't been for a couple of years and I'd love to think that I'll go back soon.
Having said all that, as much as I enjoyed a day in London, I was always ready to leave.

I also love Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow

Reactions: 3
I’ve always been fascinated by it because of the fact it’s the capital and there’s so much history and many landmarks there. However last time I went I got onto the Underground alone for the first time and had a panic attack (luckily it wasn’t obvious as mine tend to be internal and I get a really tight chest and wearing a mask didn’t help) but it was my fault for not planning ahead and I’m going back soon for a little weekend break and I can’t wait! :)

I’ve always been fascinated by it because of the fact it’s the capital and there’s so much history and many landmarks there. However last time I went I got onto the Underground alone for the first time and had a panic attack (luckily it wasn’t obvious as mine tend to be internal and I get a really tight chest and wearing a mask didn’t help) but it was my fault for not planning ahead and I’m going back soon for a little weekend break and I can’t wait! :)
Hope you are ok next time! My friend has lived in London for years but she still gets lost on the tube 🤣

It's tit. Overrated, people are rude and in a mad rush to get everywhere, everything is so bloody far away from each other, and the pints taste tit despite costing a fortune.

What can I say, I'm a Northerner and I love it up here 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I wish I was a Northerner 🤣 my dream is to move up north and people think I'm different because of my accent haha. Sad life I have here 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love it but every time I go I find the air pollution very noticeable.

Not from London, moved to the city for about 5 years. Found it STRESSFUL. Have sinced moved out of London but still commute in for work. I appreciate it so much more as a city since moving as I can escape the hustle and bustle when I come home, but I am also only a short train ride away if I ever want to visit.

• Heart
We live about 45 mins away now and that's close enough for me. I don't think I could raise my kids there but do like the diversity of it which is a bit lacking where we live. That's what I liked about Manchester seems a lot of different cultures and things still. And the music scene of course!

It's tit. Overrated, people are rude and in a mad rush to get everywhere, everything is so bloody far away from each other, and the pints taste tit despite costing a fortune.

What can I say, I'm a Northerner and I love it up here 😂
Dunno about the everything is far away from each other. We literally have everything on our doorsteps 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
LOVE London and I used to dream of living there, but wouldn’t do it now. There’s just such a buzz about it and always something to do.

When I lived down south I met several people who had never been to London and we were only about 1.5 hours away! I couldn’t believe it!

• Heart
Nice to visit, but couldn't live there or anywhere near it. I'm a country girl and I like the fresh air, the sea, and the fells.

Reactions: 4
I would’ve loved to have experienced it decades ago but it doesn’t appeal to me nowadays. I’ve lived there and preferred the south side, found the further out you got the more like home (t’up north)/real life it was.

I never got the obsession with the tube and loved getting the bus 🤣 even if it did take longer. And it’s definitely not “anything goes, no one bats an eyelid” as it’s made out to be e.g. I had a facial piercing back then and would get gawked at.

I really enjoy London, it’s much nicer than where I grew up… which was greater Manchester.

I actually really dislike greater Manchester/Manchester, it’s just rough as hell in most places and can be a horrible place. There are nicer places to live up north.

Reactions: 5
I went for a weekend about 5 years ago and these are my observations

- it was less busy than I expected ( I've found Newcastle busier on a weekend)

- there were more cars driving around in Central London than I expected. There is a common theory that nobody in London has a car.

From Instagram, it seems like the ground is always dry in winter ( the ground is always damp up north) .