If you won the lottery...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really need a lottery win right now :( husband has got us into tens of thousands of debt. I’m going back to work and leaving my poor daughter at nursery after being with me for a year. I am terrified!
I’d pay off the debt. Pay off the mortgage. Buy myself a car that isn’t a tit heap. Take my mum away - she’s mortgage free anyway so not much financially I can do for her. Save some for my daughter who’s father is so selfish to spend anything she would need.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Cocaine and hookers 😜

But on a more serious note. If it is the Euromillions, which is bucket loads. I’d give our families £1million each.
Then I’d by myself a farm with lots of land. Rescue animals and employ people to help. Also lots of travelling.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If I won the big money, a big EuroMillions win. I’d be on a permanent holiday. I would see every country I’ve ever dreamed of going to, visit every place I’ve wanted to see. Eat in every fine restaurant I could find. Buy the fancy designer clothes I’ve dreamed of. I’d do everything I could basically. Basically I’d enjoy myself.

And try to do a bit of good along the way, support some charities that are close to my heart of causes I feel strongly about.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Pay off bills
Buy my brother a celing hoist
Sort my house house
Book a holiday

Reactions: 3
- If we’re talking a nice euro millions win I would:
Pay off my parents mortgage and buy them nice new cars. I’d pay for the house doing up but ask them not to move (even though we only live in a 2 bed terrace) because our cats like our house and where we live and they’ve got lots of little kitty friends🤣
- I’d buy myself a nice house and new car. not a mansion or anything too much but a nice sized house where I could have my own walk in wardrobe, en suite etc. I would decorate the house first then ask my boyfriend to move in with me so I could decide the decor !!
-I’d also pay off my boyfriends parents mortgage and pay for their house doing up.
- buy my cousin and her little boy a house and car.
- give everyone I work with a bit each. I don’t work with lots of people thankfully but I’d give everyone enough so they could enjoy a nice holiday or buy new sofas whatever they want.
-give select friends and family gifts or money. I only have 2 close enough friends who I would gift things to. same with family, I’d laugh when my extended family come sniffing around when I hardly speak to them now! im not interested in people who are only there to benefit themselves.
- give generously to local charities, particularly the 2 local hospices near me who have been so amazing to my loved ones in their final days.
- I would travel so much. I’d love to visit so many places. For certain I would do a solo trip somewhere, possibly Vancouver. Id go to Florida and stay a Disney as I’ve never had the money to stay onsite before (old key west resort I think!). Also would travel to, Tokyo,Montreal, Paris, Madrid, Moscow, Athens, New York, Toronto (Niagara Falls😍), Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Cape town. The list is endless.
- I probably wouldn’t invest in tooo many designer items but I would definitely have a Celine bag and Chanel cardholder. But in all honesty I’d probably just have to put in a massive ASOS order!
A few other random things I’d do, fly on the Air France Tokyo - Paris service that departs at 11pm Japan time and lands at 4am Paris time. Is this flight special I hear you ask? No. But whenever I can’t sleep I always go on flight radar and look at the planes in the sky and I always click on that one first without realising 🤣 so I now need to fly on it !

I'd move to a less busy place (I have one in mind), to a gorgeous home that is decorated and furnished exactly how I love ... I'd make an offer the current owners couldn't refuse in that regard, but not go too crazy. I'd upgrade my car to one of those neat little MG SUVs which would suit my three Labradors better than my current car. I'd continue doing what I do for work, as I enjoy it (I'm a freelancer who does everything online, so can work from anywhere that has a stable network connection). Other than that, I'd put the money into several bank accounts (spanning several banks, just in case one or two go broke), and live off the interest.

I'd buy a wee house in the middle of nowhere with nice scenery ❤

I'd definitely travel to all the places I want to go and pay for my friends to come along

I'd get a dog! 😍 I really want one now but I know I wouldn't afford it right now

I was living in homeless accommodation for a while and the staff are amazing they done a project with us taking us rock climbing, kayaking, taught us life skills like cooking etc but it's struggling for funds now so I'd definitely give them quite a bit

And I'd love to just randomly pay for people's shopping out and about to be able to make people's day. I remember I was about 12 and this old lady in this huge big coat was in my local shop in a small village me and my friends had never seen her before and she just said awh yous look like sweet wee lassies and gave us £20 each and I remember telling everyone for months 😂 it was so lovely haha xx

First stop would be a pint in the pub!

Swiftly followed by:

- A Chanel Timeless 2.55 Shoulder Bag
- Taking in more Shetland Ponies destined for the meat man
- Paying off our Boat mortgage
- Buying Land
- Booking a holiday for my Dad and paying off his mortgage
- Giving my sister and closest friends a lump sum
- Random acts of kindness

Would definitely not go public and would try to live life the same as much as possible, I'd still keep my job and donate my salary to a local charity, although would perhaps drop a day at work. :)

I did win the lottery nearly 4 years ago.
Wasn't the national lottery or a life changing amount though.
I won £21,000 on the Irish lottery.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I did win the lottery nearly 4 years ago.
Wasn't the national lottery or a life changing amount though.
I won £21,000 on the Irish lottery.
£21k certainly not an amount to be sniffed at, and certainly life changing to some extent. We always think we want the jackpot, but it's amazing what even a win like that can do, even just for a bit of security and a few smaller treats for ourselves.

Congratulations.

Reactions: 2
£21k certainly not an amount to be sniffed at, and certainly life changing to some extent. We always think we want the jackpot, but it's amazing what even a win like that can do, even just for a bit of security and a few smaller treats for ourselves.

Congratulations.
Thanks and yes it was some lift. Like everybody else I put my numbers on every draw but never really imagined I'd win any significant sum but it happened.
Couldn't quite believe it and kept thinking it must be some mistake until I went to the bookies and they paid out in cash.

If I won I would quit work and just live off the money, if a property became available in my road I might buy it.

Every time I play the lottery I genuinely think I'm in with a decent chance, it's so heartbreaking 😪😅

- I'd give my parents a big cut of my winnings for sure. They've paid off the mortgage, but I would just love for them to not have to worry or even think about money ever again.
- I'd also like to give some money to some other relatives, but not all of them ... I'd like for my win to be a secret! 🤭
- Buy a house outright, and a navy Land Rover Discovery (snap, @bubbletea123!)
- Not work!!! I'd don't think I'd want to work again if I was set for life. Though my fiancé would like to start his own business in the future, if he still wanted to do that even after the lottery win, then I'd give him the financial support 😅
- I'd love to do lots of different courses in things I'm interested in, with no after goal, just out of the interest. Things like biology, geography, zoology.
- Travel of course! Adventures with my fiancé but I'd love to take my parents on lots of holidays as well.
- Regular hair and beauty appointments.
- Invest, with the help of a wealth management company 😋

Those are my selfish answers! I'd also donate money and time to good causes. I'd like to volunteer at an animal shelter, support my local zoo, food banks, homeless shelters and make donations to health and social care trusts.

Buy a new house with no visible neighbours, loads of land , quad bikes ,motor bikes , a Nissan elgrande , a whole zoo worth of animals, a huge donation to our favourite animal charity, could probably talk hubby into another baby or 4, homeschool then all and travel more. Oh and kinda spread the spending out and tell family we only won 500k on a scratch card.enough to explain the spending and gift them some without a life time of akwardness

I would do another IVF treatment to try for a sibling for my lovely daughter as I’m an only child and I hate it
I would set money aside for her to follow her dreams
I would give family members and friends who have been there for me the past few years some money so they would have comfortable lives
Also I would def give money to Marie Curie xx

last thing would be to move to a bigger house with a bigger garden so I can have more rescue dogs preferably the older ones that can’t get rehomed

My last thing would be to do a six month holiday to New York Washington Boston Orlando the Deep South la Vegas and San Fran - of course I would have to take a cruise ship to NY so I can bring my dog haha

(I got too excited about the possibility of winning the lotto haha must do it sometime!)

I really need a lottery win right now :( husband has got us into tens of thousands of debt. I’m going back to work and leaving my poor daughter at nursery after being with me for a year. I am terrified!
I’d pay off the debt. Pay off the mortgage. Buy myself a car that isn’t a tit heap. Take my mum away - she’s mortgage free anyway so not much financially I can do for her. Save some for my daughter who’s father is so selfish to spend anything she would need.
Aww sorry to hear this
My wee girl is at nursery too and I struggled to begin with BUT she loves it has wee friends her language eating and social skills are brilliant
You’re showing your child that you are a role model that mummy looked after you by nurturing the first year but now mummy has to provide you financial stability and that’s role model behaviour
Don’t be hard on yourself you’re doing a great job xxx

I’d buy a bungalow with garden I could make fully wheelchair accessible so my child can live at home until the inevitable happens. I’d get them a better, more comfortable wheelchair.
Donate to the charities and organisations that have supported our family over the years and treat my parents.

• Heart
I’d buy a bungalow with garden I could make fully wheelchair accessible so my child can live at home until the inevitable happens. I’d get them a better, more comfortable wheelchair.
Donate to the charities and organisations that have supported our family over the years and treat my parents.
This is what money should go to - I pray your dream of the bungalow comes true xxx

• Heart