Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SwipeUpSally

Send my mum and dad on a massive holiday. Build our dream house that we're saving up for, with a pool and a library and big jungle-y garden.
If we're talking mega-bucks, my pipe dream is to have a few properties that can be used for people who need a safe space to get back on their feet - transitioning out of homelessness, asylum seekers, survivors of domestic violence etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Lynseyp

VIP Member
My parents won the lottery back in 2002, they got 5 numbers plus bonus and won a nice sum of money. They got great support off Camelot and didn't want to go public. The problem was my extended family, we have a large family and they expected their share, and kept making digs and sarcastic remarks at a family funeral we attended a week after their win.
Believe me my folks deserved every penny, i still remember the times where they went without to give me and my sibling what he wanted and hearing conversations about how they were going to pay the mortgage as my father was diagnosed with ME. Luckily the win paid off the mortgage they bought a new car and gave some money to me and my sister as well as having new windows put in and had a conservatory built. The rest they were saving for their pension pot and they are still working full time. The win just made them treat their closest family and enjoy a trip to the bank.
Looking back, they wished that their win was kept quiet from rest of the family.
If it happened to me, i would give family some money as well as local charities that i support and some will go into a trust for my 3 children for when they are 18. I will buy my house outright and saves some for a rainy day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Carmen 6

VIP Member
Buy a huge house in Venice.
Employ a private boatman (aged 25) and grow old disgracefully.
....Well somebody had to lower the tone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I did win the lottery nearly 4 years ago.
Wasn't the national lottery or a life changing amount though.
I won £21,000 on the Irish lottery.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Death2unicorns

First thing I would do is have another child, I have a beautiful 10 month old but unfortunately priced out of having anymore due to the cost of childcare, I would then like to spend my days doing different types of voluntary work and fundraising, for animal shelters and orphanages abroad mostly, I would also look into adopting a child, would be open to adopting a child with additional needs.

Reactions: 8

Titntat

VIP Member
Pay mine and my mums mortage off. Take all the fam on a massive holiday. Tell my boss to fuck off 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

KateESJ

VIP Member
Honestly I think it’s the little things I’ll buy first.

My kids are desperate for new shoes.

Then of course I’d buy a house, car etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

KateESJ

VIP Member
I agree Id go shopping first then get on to an estate agent to find me a house. Everybody says first thing they would do is buy a house...its not that easy to find your perfect house millionaire or not!
Yep I’d take my kids into town and kit them out before anything else.
Do a really extravagant food shop at Waitrose 😂

then think about the house.

Reactions: 6

Jambojambo

VIP Member
Id buy myself a bungalow always wanted one, make sure my kids were comfortable for the rest of their lives, set up a doberman rescue centre, husband would probably want a little small holding few chickens, pigs etc etc and id treat myself to a horse

Sven

VIP Member
I really need a lottery win right now :( husband has got us into tens of thousands of debt. I’m going back to work and leaving my poor daughter at nursery after being with me for a year. I am terrified!
I’d pay off the debt. Pay off the mortgage. Buy myself a car that isn’t a shit heap. Take my mum away - she’s mortgage free anyway so not much financially I can do for her. Save some for my daughter who’s father is so selfish to spend anything she would need.

• Sad
Cocaine and hookers 😜

But on a more serious note. If it is the Euromillions, which is bucket loads. I’d give our families £1million each.
Then I’d by myself a farm with lots of land. Rescue animals and employ people to help. Also lots of travelling.

• Haha

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
If we’re talking millions, I would buy my youngest daughter a new comfy af wheelchair, buy an adapted house with a bit of land. Sort my family out (pay off their mortgages), & leave the rest to my eldest daughter

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’d probably be in shock for about a week.

Depending on the amount (for talking’s sake, we’ll say it’s over 10 million) I’d buy a house and a new car for my husband. I’d then share some of my wealth with my closest family (mum, stepdad, brother and his family, and my Gran). I’d buy MIL a house, give something to SIL and her family, and husband’s grandparents as they’ve always been good to us.

I’d take my sons to Disneyworld in Florida, because eldest keeps asking to go. We’d travel more, and take our sons to Australia to meet their grandad for the first time in person as they’ve only ever Skyped. I know a lot of people say that money doesn’t buy you happiness, but it would certainly make me feel less stressed, which at this point can only be a good thing. I’d donate to charity or even start my own, probably an autism charity as it’s close to my heart. I also wouldn’t go public with it.

Ah, we can dream, eh? 😔 😂

Reactions: 5

Bec3007

VIP Member
If it was millions - I’d buy my own home out right along with a few flats/houses to rent out and then when my own child (or children if I have more) were old enough, I’d give them to the kids for them to either live in or sell, their choice. I’d buy a car for myself and my fiancé. Set up an animal rescue centre. Travel with my son and fiancé while he’s still below school age. After that I’d help out both our families.

Ya gal can dream 🤣

Reactions: 5

bubbletea123

VIP Member
- Pay off parent's mortgage.
- We would build a house on an acreage.
- Buy a condo in California
- Invest a lot of it
- Donate to pancreatic cancer charity and volunteer
- Buy the Bentley Bentayga SUV...it is possibly the most BEAUTIFUL SUV I have ever seen. The interior is gorgeous (I would have brown leather) and the exterior comes in exquisite green colour (Cumbrian green). It costs almost $200,000 though! Or, I would love a Land Rover Discovery.

Reactions: 4

annanuttall

VIP Member
I have a list!
Go to the Maldives.
Travel all over Japan.
Move out our current place and move into a 3 bedroom home with a garden.
Start my own business.
Pay off my mortgage/credit card bills.
Get a cat.
Adopt a kola.
Sort out my teeth.
Get liposuction.
And not work for the rest of my life....

Reactions: 4