Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Pay off mortgage/debts
Buy parents a house
Give some to siblings
Set up trust fund for kids
Go on holiday
Invest in land/additional property

Reactions: 2

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I’d do all the typical stuff like buy a nice house, help out loved ones, go on holidays, invest. A few less typical things:
  • private healthcare for my daughter and I
  • a good lawyer
  • go back to university
  • buy an abandoned castle, restore it and open it to the public (I love castles)
I’m assuming that I’m winning A LOT :ROFLMAO:

101d

VIP Member
Depends on the winnings really! But first thing I would do is book a no-expenses spared holiday.

Other than that, I would pay off my mortgage, move to a better house in a better area, give mine and my partners family/friends a nice amount each to do what they want with, buy new cars and save the rest!!

clueless

Chatty Member
Every time I play the lottery I genuinely think I'm in with a decent chance, it's so heartbreaking 😪😅

- I'd give my parents a big cut of my winnings for sure. They've paid off the mortgage, but I would just love for them to not have to worry or even think about money ever again.
- I'd also like to give some money to some other relatives, but not all of them ... I'd like for my win to be a secret! 🤭
- Buy a house outright, and a navy Land Rover Discovery (snap, @bubbletea123!)
- Not work!!! I'd don't think I'd want to work again if I was set for life. Though my fiancé would like to start his own business in the future, if he still wanted to do that even after the lottery win, then I'd give him the financial support 😅
- I'd love to do lots of different courses in things I'm interested in, with no after goal, just out of the interest. Things like biology, geography, zoology.
- Travel of course! Adventures with my fiancé but I'd love to take my parents on lots of holidays as well.
- Regular hair and beauty appointments.
- Invest, with the help of a wealth management company 😋

Those are my selfish answers! I'd also donate money and time to good causes. I'd like to volunteer at an animal shelter, support my local zoo, food banks, homeless shelters and make donations to health and social care trusts.

DoIknowyou

Pay off my parents mortgage.
Sell my house and buy something a bit bigger. Not a massive house but there is only two of us so no need for a massive house.
buy a caravan
Donate money to animal
Give money to close family.
stick my 🖕🏻 Up to the rest of the family I have no time for them and don’t speak to, as they think they are better. That defo would be the best bit

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I did win the lottery nearly 4 years ago.
Wasn't the national lottery or a life changing amount though.
I won £21,000 on the Irish lottery.
£21k certainly not an amount to be sniffed at, and certainly life changing to some extent. We always think we want the jackpot, but it's amazing what even a win like that can do, even just for a bit of security and a few smaller treats for ourselves.

Congratulations.

Sparks

Chatty Member
First things first I would get me a financial adviser because I wouldn't know what to do with that much money. Next thing is I would try to convince my husband to move to a different county. I don't like it in the US. Then I would want to buy a little farm and have some chicken and a donkey or two and would just want to live a quite life on my farm.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Honestly I think it’s the little things I’ll buy first.

My kids are desperate for new shoes.

Then of course I’d buy a house, car etc.
I agree Id go shopping first then get on to an estate agent to find me a house. Everybody says first thing they would do is buy a house...its not that easy to find your perfect house millionaire or not!

Buy a big 4 bed house nice big garden prefer with a stables
Buy a horse
Give money to family
Donate to the maternity unity/premie my children were born
Road trip usa
Money in kids bank accounts so they're set for life
Buy a Bentley
Xx
Yep I would buy a horse I love horses.

One thing I would do is buy any equipment the hospitals needed or give a donation. I would also help disadvantaged children aswell.

Trampoline

Chatty Member
Buy a big 4 bed house nice big garden prefer with a stables
Buy a horse
Give money to family
Donate to the maternity unity/premie my children were born
Road trip usa
Money in kids bank accounts so they're set for life
Buy a Bentley
Xx

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
Thanks and yes it was some lift. Like everybody else I put my numbers on every draw but never really imagined I'd win any significant sum but it happened.
Couldn't quite believe it and kept thinking it must be some mistake until I went to the bookies and they paid out in cash.
In cash ?!

I’d definitely pay off my mortgage and also buy the flat above me to make another storey and get rid of my godawful neighbours.. I’d also give some to my sister, pay off her mortgage too.. I’d do part time work, then just travel and lots to charities... would everyone continue work? If it was an amount you’d never need to again%?

GreenStar

Send my mum and dad on a massive holiday. Build our dream house that we're saving up for, with a pool and a library and big jungle-y garden.
If we're talking mega-bucks, my pipe dream is to have a few properties that can be used for people who need a safe space to get back on their feet - transitioning out of homelessness, asylum seekers, survivors of domestic violence etc.
I love this idea :)

LittleMy

VIP Member
Depends how much.

I know I’d do nothing at all for about 6 months though. I wouldn’t touch it.
and I’d tell nobody for the same amount of time.

it’s very easy to type out how much we’d help others and donate to charity but I always wonder if people would do it in real life, or does it just look good 😆

let’s say you win a *realistic* amount £500’000
no way anyone is doing the things they say here 😂 sorry
I’d get my house with that. That’s all I really want enough for anyway, I’d be over the moon with a few grand even to pay off some debt. Excessive amounts, like millions upon millions, and yes, I would happily help out family and the less fortunate. One family doesn’t need all that cash.

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
In priority order:
Take the entire family on holiday
Pay off our debts
Clear parents' mortgage/debts
Help both my sisters out with a lump sum
Buy a plot of land & build my own dream house from scratch
Set up a dog rescue/sanctuary type thing

nobrains

Immediately I would go in and give my notice at work and blatently rub it in my dickhead bosses face. Then, I'd pay off my current mortgage but buy a new house to live in. Move my sister into my house rent free and give her some money. Buy my parents current house or one of their choosing. Help my grandparents move from the village they live in,into the town (they are priced out of finding a decent house like the one they have now) I would book a huge family holiday to Florida and then just live the life of luxury. Oh and I would open my own nursery and poach all the current staff I work with. Probably wouldn't be the manager or deputy I'd use the girls I know to fill those positions but I'd like to still work a few hours a week with the children. I would love to rescue dogs too. If only aye 🙃

Blurp

VIP Member
Finish renovating the house and garden.
Persuade my neighbour to sell me the plot that he will never get planning permission for.
Upgrade the car.
Refurbish the caravan.
Get a cleaner and gardener.
Live off the income and give up work.
Buy a couple of holiday homes and studio flats in big cities for travelling and staying over for concerts etc.
Support lots of animal rescues.