If you won the lottery...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would you do?
I like the idea of paying off my mum & dad’s mortgage as well as our own and possibly upsizing. Going travelling around the world and setting up some sort of social mobility or mental health charity 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
First thing I would do is have another child, I have a beautiful 10 month old but unfortunately priced out of having anymore due to the cost of childcare, I would then like to spend my days doing different types of voluntary work and fundraising, for animal shelters and orphanages abroad mostly, I would also look into adopting a child, would be open to adopting a child with additional needs.

Reactions: 8
I’d probably be in shock for about a week.

Depending on the amount (for talking’s sake, we’ll say it’s over 10 million) I’d buy a house and a new car for my husband. I’d then share some of my wealth with my closest family (mum, stepdad, brother and his family, and my Gran). I’d buy MIL a house, give something to SIL and her family, and husband’s grandparents as they’ve always been good to us.

I’d take my sons to Disneyworld in Florida, because eldest keeps asking to go. We’d travel more, and take our sons to Australia to meet their grandad for the first time in person as they’ve only ever Skyped. I know a lot of people say that money doesn’t buy you happiness, but it would certainly make me feel less stressed, which at this point can only be a good thing. I’d donate to charity or even start my own, probably an autism charity as it’s close to my heart. I also wouldn’t go public with it.

Ah, we can dream, eh? 😔 😂

Reactions: 5
Send my mum and dad on a massive holiday. Build our dream house that we're saving up for, with a pool and a library and big jungle-y garden.
If we're talking mega-bucks, my pipe dream is to have a few properties that can be used for people who need a safe space to get back on their feet - transitioning out of homelessness, asylum seekers, survivors of domestic violence etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Id buy myself a bungalow always wanted one, make sure my kids were comfortable for the rest of their lives, set up a doberman rescue centre, husband would probably want a little small holding few chickens, pigs etc etc and id treat myself to a horse

Reactions: 6
If it was millions - I’d buy my own home out right along with a few flats/houses to rent out and then when my own child (or children if I have more) were old enough, I’d give them to the kids for them to either live in or sell, their choice. I’d buy a car for myself and my fiancé. Set up an animal rescue centre. Travel with my son and fiancé while he’s still below school age. After that I’d help out both our families.

Ya gal can dream 🤣

Reactions: 5
Pay off mortgage/debts
Buy parents a house
Give some to siblings
Set up trust fund for kids
Go on holiday
Invest in land/additional property

Reactions: 2
I'd rent somewhere nice and put some into savings to build up interest. Depending how much I won I would live off the interest and take some financial advice so I wouldn't have to work. I'd get my teeth and boobs done.

Reactions: 3
I have a list!
Go to the Maldives.
Travel all over Japan.
Move out our current place and move into a 3 bedroom home with a garden.
Start my own business.
Pay off my mortgage/credit card bills.
Get a cat.
Adopt a kola.
Sort out my teeth.
Get liposuction.
And not work for the rest of my life....

Reactions: 4
Pay off my parents mortgage.
Sell my house and buy something a bit bigger. Not a massive house but there is only two of us so no need for a massive house.
buy a caravan
Donate money to animal
Give money to close family.
stick my 🖕🏻 Up to the rest of the family I have no time for them and don’t speak to, as they think they are better. That defo would be the best bit

Send my mum and dad on a massive holiday. Build our dream house that we're saving up for, with a pool and a library and big jungle-y garden.
If we're talking mega-bucks, my pipe dream is to have a few properties that can be used for people who need a safe space to get back on their feet - transitioning out of homelessness, asylum seekers, survivors of domestic violence etc.
I love this idea :)

Reactions: 1
New house in the same area and more holidays. I would probably get my hair and nails done regularly too. Would also donate to the hospice where my mum died. i would pay myself a wage from an account and not tell anyone. I would also volunteer more.

Depends on the winnings really! But first thing I would do is book a no-expenses spared holiday.

Other than that, I would pay off my mortgage, move to a better house in a better area, give mine and my partners family/friends a nice amount each to do what they want with, buy new cars and save the rest!!

You can tell I have anxiety, I've just been worrying about the holiday I go on when I win 😂

• Haha
In priority order:
Take the entire family on holiday
Pay off our debts
Clear parents' mortgage/debts
Help both my sisters out with a lump sum
Buy a plot of land & build my own dream house from scratch
Set up a dog rescue/sanctuary type thing

Reactions: 1
My parents won the lottery back in 2002, they got 5 numbers plus bonus and won a nice sum of money. They got great support off Camelot and didn't want to go public. The problem was my extended family, we have a large family and they expected their share, and kept making digs and sarcastic remarks at a family funeral we attended a week after their win.
Believe me my folks deserved every penny, i still remember the times where they went without to give me and my sibling what he wanted and hearing conversations about how they were going to pay the mortgage as my father was diagnosed with ME. Luckily the win paid off the mortgage they bought a new car and gave some money to me and my sister as well as having new windows put in and had a conservatory built. The rest they were saving for their pension pot and they are still working full time. The win just made them treat their closest family and enjoy a trip to the bank.
Looking back, they wished that their win was kept quiet from rest of the family.
If it happened to me, i would give family some money as well as local charities that i support and some will go into a trust for my 3 children for when they are 18. I will buy my house outright and saves some for a rainy day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First things first I would get me a financial adviser because I wouldn't know what to do with that much money. Next thing is I would try to convince my husband to move to a different county. I don't like it in the US. Then I would want to buy a little farm and have some chicken and a donkey or two and would just want to live a quite life on my farm.

If we’re talking millions, I would buy my youngest daughter a new comfy af wheelchair, buy an adapted house with a bit of land. Sort my family out (pay off their mortgages), & leave the rest to my eldest daughter