If you could live in another country, where would it be?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without a doubt Australia, if someone gave me the opportunity I’d be gone! I’ve got a friend who moved to New Zealand a few years ago and she says it’s the best thing she’s ever done so I’d consider there as well maybe. I always used to think America but I don’t think I’d actually want to live there long term.
Same here. I used to dream about living in San Francisco, but when the last pre-Biden administration took over, I changed my mind entirely. It exacerbated all the disparities in the country and created a negative atmosphere where people felt OK with open discrimination towards various groups. Not to mention, gin control is a huge problem, so you can never feel 100% safe anywhere. Healthcare and higher education putting people into debt is also a big factor as to why I wouldn't want to settle down over there. I belong to one of the "ethnic" groups that are often discriminated against over there, so I wouldn't be comfortable living there. I left my native country because of the amount of open discrimination over there and I wouldn't want to move to a country where similar issues are happening.

Reactions: 2
There's a few actually. I quite like Latin America. Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Brazil. The city of Medellin in Colombia. In Costa Rica it has rainforest and wildlife, and beaches. Mexico City is a cool city, along with other places in Mexico. In Brazil, there's Rio and Sao Paulo.

I also like Africa. I have thought living in Kenya or Tanzania, then travelling about and doing videography and photography of wildlife and nature there. The Hadza tribe interests me too, in Tanzania. They are one of the last tribes in the world similar to how our hunter gatherer ancestors would have lived.

I like the cities of Izmir and Istanbul in Turkey as living options. Greece has an appeal too due to the ancient history, nature and weather.

Also, people may find it odd, but Russia look cool to live. Moscow and St Petersburg have an appeal to me.

As an real 'out of left field' option, maybe Sri Lanka or India. They are both nice countries too. Also, Egypt.

I never really saw the appeal of Australia, Canada, or NZ. Too similar to Britain. I'd much rather go somewhere with a different language, culture and way of life. Other northern European countries hold similar lack of interest for me. The weather is too cold and gloomy. Germany would be a no, no, as would Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Slovenia, Latvia, etc, and Central European nations.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Norway. Never been but fascinated by it. I would obviously need to have the money though. 2nd place would be Canada.
I really enjoyed Oslo. Has a nice feel to it. Also stayed out in one of the little towns which all looks like one big postcard

France at the moment as I want to learn French. I have an uncle in Canada and the pictures do look lovely but whilst I might moan about the UK but can't see myself anywhere else long term. I just got back and I missed being able to find macaroni & cheese from a can. Having everything in english and not caring about getting lost because I can just ask for directions.

Canada long term! I'd love to do a year or 2 in Amsterdam though, it's my most favourite city I've been to

Japan. I love the way that nature is very important to the japanese. The Japanese seem respectful of other people.

I’d loved to do a few years in the UK (preferably London), and/or the US (Texas or Washington) but ultimately I think I’d settle either in the Netherlands or in Germany (where I’m currently living).

Canada - I loved Vancouver. Or if I was staying in Europe then probably Finland because I also love Helsinki and further up, the lake region, and the snow in winter and the fact that there aren't very many people, or maybe Germany in the Black Forest area.

Somewhere in Italy, probably not forever. Also one of the bigger European cities like Berlin or Paris.

Ireland because it’s such a beautiful country and I love the scenery. I like Sweden because it seems such a beautiful country and very organised. I’ve always loved Denmark and Finland since my childhood so I’d love to live in either of the two. Iceland is my favourite country so that would be my first choice of place to live but I also like Switzerland as it’s beautiful.

Germany probably, I like how the country works tbh and that I’m only a train ride away from other big cities.

I meant to add, I also love the weather in Iceland as it isn’t too hot and the winter would be perfect for me.

Reactions: 1
Ok, so I live in England but I’d move to Scotland in a heartbeat. For me, it’s the most magical, special place and it’s absolutely stuffed with history. I love the Scottish sense of humour too! I have this dream of living there one day, a feeling first experienced on a visit 22 years ago. This may sound odd, but I feel at home there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bali or in Thailand with my two brothers. If neither of them a very remote place in the UK off the grid and a nice plot of land that I can be self sufficient

I wouldn’t want to live anywhere but here 🙈

Im the only person on earth who has duck all interest in going to Australia, let alone living there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Iv been to Australia twice visiting family and I would hate to live there. I live in Scotland and would probably move to Cornwall or Bournemouth if I could afford a nice house by the sea. Don’t think I would ever leave the UK

Reactions: 4
Pre covid I would have said Australia too! I spent a year there and didn’t want to leave.

I also lived in Portugal for a while and would happily go back there permanently. Lovely weather, lovely people and amazing food 🙂. Think in the future I would like to eventually retire out there.

• Heart
I want to live in a small ancient town in Italy, married to a handsome Italian man who would keep a shop or a cafe or whatever, and I would just spend my time outside in my white linen dress sipping coffee. We’d get a huge dog and go to the seaside for the weekend.

Reactions: 9
Romania and then onto Moldova both beautiful places and i love the language hoping to go to Romania in 2022 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻😍😍
I live in Romania. It's a bad time at the moment with the pandemic but in general it's a great country.

I really want to live in Italy, it's my dream.

I spent a year living in Thailand and it was very coo, although beautiful beaches start to look the same after awhile, I missed Europe too much to stay there.

Reactions: 1