Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I want to live in a small ancient town in Italy, married to a handsome Italian man who would keep a shop or a cafe or whatever, and I would just spend my time outside in my white linen dress sipping coffee. We’d get a huge dog and go to the seaside for the weekend.

Reactions: 9

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wouldn’t want to live anywhere but here 🙈

Im the only person on earth who has fuck all interest in going to Australia, let alone living there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Would never leave Europe. Too may beautiful places 💕

I'd have to throw a dart at a board for one of these and I'd be happy wherever it landed.
Santorini, Capri, Dubrovnik, Dalmation Island or Monaco.

Reactions: 6

WritersBlock

Ok, so I live in England but I’d move to Scotland in a heartbeat. For me, it’s the most magical, special place and it’s absolutely stuffed with history. I love the Scottish sense of humour too! I have this dream of living there one day, a feeling first experienced on a visit 22 years ago. This may sound odd, but I feel at home there.

• Heart

Emperor

Chatty Member
Australia is out for me because of the spiders and snakes, but mainly the spiders. The summer weather would probably kill me if the other two didn't first.

• Haha

lemonlime

VIP Member
Norway, Sweden or Finland, probably. I love the weather and the countryside there. I'd like to live somewhere in the city that has easy access to the sea and the countryside so I can be a hermit witch when I'm sick of people - which is often.

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
Australia or Ireland.

Funny to think that my ancestors moved here (to NZ) from Ireland in the 1800s, yet I'd be the one to flip that and return (if I did).

Don't anyone say New Zealand - it's led by a dictator who has openly said that the unvaccinated will lose freedoms :mad:. (I'm not pro- or anti-vax - I just don't think anyone has the right to judge, quite frankly).

Mind you, Australia and Canada are also having their share of political control issues ...

• Sad
Reactions: 5

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Australia for me.

Not for the rest of my life, but maybe or a year or two.

The weather is great, plenty of outdoor activities all year around, seems to be a bit more environmentally-friendly than some countries out there, not to mention the beautiful landscapes and beaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Ireland, preferably Co Kerry. My brother and SIL live there (that's where SIL is from) It's absolutely gorgeous, and the people are so friendly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Iv been to Australia twice visiting family and I would hate to live there. I live in Scotland and would probably move to Cornwall or Bournemouth if I could afford a nice house by the sea. Don’t think I would ever leave the UK

Reactions: 4

potatowaffles

I think I’d pick Sweden! I loved it there when I visited.
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum though I’d love to live in Miami for a while. Don’t think I could cope with the heat long term though 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Bali or in Thailand with my two brothers. If neither of them a very remote place in the UK off the grid and a nice plot of land that I can be self sufficient

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Canada long term! I'd love to do a year or 2 in Amsterdam though, it's my most favourite city I've been to

openbook1

VIP Member
Funny seeing canada on here... Whilst some areas are nice not all are and sadly we have had a right wing movement in the last year or so. Every weekend there are big protests, people marching with Trump flags (I'm not kidding). Thankfully they are a small but loud minority. I live in the main city closest to Banff and it's been nice not having so many tourists. I am scared of bears though. They are getting more fearless due to less people around. Love our summers, autumn is beautiful and I do enjoy winter. Our winters can get well below - 40 though. The biggest different between here and the UK is that Alberta is a dry climate. So I always say I would pick a dry, sunny - 20 over a humid, cloudy 0 degree British day. Also, we don't get a lot of rain here... A few handfuls a year if that!

If I could live anywhere, city, not country it would be San Diego. So beautiful and a lot to do. And of course, the UK. Until I moved away I did not appreciate how incredible the historical buildings are and the lush greenery.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
There's a few actually. I quite like Latin America. Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Brazil. The city of Medellin in Colombia. In Costa Rica it has rainforest and wildlife, and beaches. Mexico City is a cool city, along with other places in Mexico. In Brazil, there's Rio and Sao Paulo.

I also like Africa. I have thought living in Kenya or Tanzania, then travelling about and doing videography and photography of wildlife and nature there. The Hadza tribe interests me too, in Tanzania. They are one of the last tribes in the world similar to how our hunter gatherer ancestors would have lived.

I like the cities of Izmir and Istanbul in Turkey as living options. Greece has an appeal too due to the ancient history, nature and weather.

Also, people may find it odd, but Russia look cool to live. Moscow and St Petersburg have an appeal to me.

As an real 'out of left field' option, maybe Sri Lanka or India. They are both nice countries too. Also, Egypt.

I never really saw the appeal of Australia, Canada, or NZ. Too similar to Britain. I'd much rather go somewhere with a different language, culture and way of life. Other northern European countries hold similar lack of interest for me. The weather is too cold and gloomy. Germany would be a no, no, as would Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Slovenia, Latvia, etc, and Central European nations.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
Somewhere in Italy, probably not forever. Also one of the bigger European cities like Berlin or Paris.

Reactions: 2