IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did get sedation. No way was I having it without. I was worried I’d feel strange and woozy but I didn’t. In fact I felt fully “present” in my mind during the whole thing, but later on when I thought back to it, it’s like I’d forgotten most of it. Apparently that’s very common!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you! I didn’t think it would be this bad. Staying with my mum and had a wee cry and a mummy hug so feeling a bit better but just going to try drink a bit more water as I didn’t even get the 500ml to go with the drink. Hoping I get a good sleep.

Did you get any sedation or anything?
They offer sedation (this doesn't knock you out, just makes you feel high) or gas and air. I opted for both, which they will do if you request it. The worse bit is the prep, rather than the actual procedure.

Reactions: 1
Thanks everyone, I was panicking and feeling a bit sorry for myself but feel a bit better after being on here. Just found this thread tonight and I’ll read back through

Thank you! It really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, couldn’t believe it. I had really worked myself up thinking that I didn’t prep properly as I was ill. I got sedated, definitely helped me! One of the nurses after said I did well and handled it better than she thought I would 🤣 I must have been bad going in lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Another Episode - had to leave work - stomach was churning, sickness, diarrhoea, fever... going to book another Dr's Appointment, as this is starting to stress me out and get me down! 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Are you sure it isn’t a bug this time @Olive16? D&V plus a fever sounds more like norovirus.
No bug Lovely - fine within an hour or two. No Sickness or Diarrhoea since. Been to Dr's this morning, another stool sample - talks of a possible Allergy or IBD - but he is reluctant to say or treat as unable to pin point a trigger! Got to keep a food diary.

No bug Lovely - fine within an hour or two. No Sickness or Diarrhoea since. Been to Dr's this morning, another stool sample - talks of a possible Allergy or IBD - but he is reluctant to say or treat as unable to pin point a trigger! Got to keep a food diary.
If this keeps happening demand to have a colonoscopy. They don't do tit unless you make a fuss.

Anyone moved from IV to SC Remsima (Infliximab)?

Interested in any side effects, or issues not staying in remission!
---
If this keeps happening demand to have a colonoscopy. They don't do tit unless you make a fuss.
Deffo!

Bloods and stool tests for inflammation markers, MRI and Colonoscopy are the 4 things I'd be demanding, just get straight to the bottom (no pun intended!) of it!

Hey, has anyone had the feeling that when they are finished going to the loo (pooping) that they aren’t finished or something goes back up. I also have quite loud stomach noises and back pain I have a gp appt booked but abit worried

Hey, has anyone had the feeling that when they are finished going to the loo (pooping) that they aren’t finished or something goes back up. I also have quite loud stomach noises and back pain I have a gp appt booked but abit worried
In medical terms that’s known as “incomplete evacuation”. It’s definitely worth mentioning to the GP.

Simply because I didn’t like doing it! I don’t mind needles at all but I couldn’t stand it 🙈
Ah no!

My hospital is reducing the days they do Infusions for IBD, which means if I can't get an appointment first think (to get a parking space), I end up being out of work for half a day!!

I’m a bit mortified. I had a bit of an accident this morning. I, errr, didn’t make it to the toilet quite in time. Even when I had E Coli earlier in the year and was quite ill, I always made it in time. I basically needed to go with NO warning. I have diarrhoea every morning and have done for years, it’s linked (I always thought) to my mental health and my anxiety. My anxiety is pretty well controlled by medication but no matter how well controlled it is, my gut health is always the same. Ropey. Today, however, was an unmitigated disaster.

I am v stressed out with work. I’ve got my period which doesn’t help how my guts are at the best of times. I was taking a private blood test for fertility this morning and I don’t like the sight of blood so that was on my mind, as is the fact that we are trying to conceive and my reproductive system seems to have a mind of its own. Do I chalk this sorry event up to all of that combined? Or is it time to talk to the doc about my lack of gut health? Thankfully I was just at home and nobody needed to know. If that happened at work I’d actually die.

• Heart
I’m a bit mortified. I had a bit of an accident this morning. I, errr, didn’t make it to the toilet quite in time. Even when I had E Coli earlier in the year and was quite ill, I always made it in time. I basically needed to go with NO warning. I have diarrhoea every morning and have done for years, it’s linked (I always thought) to my mental health and my anxiety. My anxiety is pretty well controlled by medication but no matter how well controlled it is, my gut health is always the same. Ropey. Today, however, was an unmitigated disaster.

I am v stressed out with work. I’ve got my period which doesn’t help how my guts are at the best of times. I was taking a private blood test for fertility this morning and I don’t like the sight of blood so that was on my mind, as is the fact that we are trying to conceive and my reproductive system seems to have a mind of its own. Do I chalk this sorry event up to all of that combined? Or is it time to talk to the doc about my lack of gut health? Thankfully I was just at home and nobody needed to know. If that happened at work I’d actually die.
Have you ever raised it with your doc? Ever been tested for coeliac? Had a colonoscopy? Ultrasound? I’d strongly suggest talking to doc and having all the tests to rule out any medical cause. Anxiety and stress can also exacerbate an existing underlying issue. It may prove to be far more manageable than what’s happening right now. Best of luck x

Have you ever raised it with your doc? Ever been tested for coeliac? Had a colonoscopy? Ultrasound? I’d strongly suggest talking to doc and having all the tests to rule out any medical cause. Anxiety and stress can also exacerbate an existing underlying issue. It may prove to be far more manageable than what’s happening right now. Best of luck x
Have mentioned it to the doc when discussing my anxiety but nothing more than that. Gave a sample for the test that found out I had E. coli but nothing else and they were obviously testing for know infectious diseases rather than anything else, I would imagine. Have looked up IBS symptoms and I only really have diarrhoea, which comes every morning regardless of what I’ve eaten the day before, and usually only once and not again throughout the day. Am not a huge drinker, can’t manage spicy food (as in, my mouth can’t!), not a fan of greasy food. Don’t have a brilliant diet but if anything I should probably be constipated, not the other way around, based on my diet/lack of exercise. Once I was free of E. coli I haven’t had stomach cramps, bloating, any other IBS-type symptoms. Between this and my wonky reproductive system I think my body just hates me 🤣🤣. Thanks for replying to me again my lovely, you were so so kind to me in E. coli hell. Those weeks of thinking I could never eat cheese again were horrendous! How are you doing?

• Heart