Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
We really enjoyed it, there was something quite real and relatable about it. It made me think.
I love my DH but we've been together for 12 years, we have 3 wonderful kids but I can't remember the last time he made me feel like I was special. Which I get is totally selfish, but sometimes I just need to feel like I'm the most important thing in the world to him.

Reactions: 6

Yel

Chatty Member
I think in the right thing Billie Piper works fine. Just watched episode one and will definitely watch the rest. It's a bit funny how she's a name and not a has-been popstar.

I wonder how semi autobiographical it is? The photo shoot at home seems exactly how you'd imagine things like that pan out and she disliked did the whole country living thing.

"These people aren't nice, they're just already rich" was a good line. The rant about the countryside was probably the best bit so far, although she didn't quite nail the delivery.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
It took me a few episodes but I loved it. The ending had me in tears, I’ve been struggling with loneliness recently and the mechanisms I’ve turned to to cope haven’t necessarily been the healthiest so it resonated with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Its_Me

VIP Member
I watched the first 2 last night, the first episode I was thinking ok this is going to be good but I lost interest by the end of the second. Totally agree with the above and her over the top expressions, it can be quite irritating. I thought she played the coke scene well though 😆

Reactions: 4

HinchythetwattyGrinchy

Started watching last night and I’m on episode 4. Totally hooked. It’s quite funny, had me and my boyfriend pissing ourselves laughing in some places.

Reactions: 3

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I'm up to episode 5, going to stick with it though I don't really care about any of the characters. I think it's a bit of a trend now to have a "flawed" female lead. However I do love most of what she wears, my main takeaway from episode 4 was that I want her leopard print pjs.

Pixie06

VIP Member
Finally I watched it. I loved it. It's subtly with how things can be seemed be great, when in fact it's not. Trying to find yourself, when you're lost. And that your mental health is so important and how fragile it can be. Thought Billie was great.

kissfm

The main character is so unlikeable honestly just want to give her a whack over the head😭 I can’t figure out if we’re meant to feel for her or if she’s meant to be likeable?! I get she’s meant to be flawed and that but at this point she’s abso unbearable

Reactions: 2

kgsd798

I got the free Now TV pass and watched it in a day. It’s easy and I found I got quite emotional in some scenes - her husband is an ass but is such a representation of thinking he’s not THAT bad but you’re not happy.

i LOVEEEEEEE all the Shrimps clothing and desperately want the yellow club sweater but it’s sold out.Also want the pjs but in a different style £420...hmm

hrh89

VIP Member
I’m on episode two and it’s not really doing much for me. I loved Billie in doctor who and I thought she was good in Penny Dreadful but sometimes she overacts and this show is one of those times. I found the q&a scene at the convention really awkward to watch. Not because of the situation but because of her real over the top expressions. She’s not very consistent with her acting.
The show itself feels like something I’ve seen before but I can’t think what.

Justreading

VIP Member
I watched it all but still cant decide if I like it 😂 it was a bit of an acid trip but I couldn't stop watching

Friendsfan

Oh I loved it . Cracked me up when she had a nervous poo and didn’t want the cleaner to clean the bathroom 😂😂😂
really enjoyed it . Took my mind away from the shit in my life 😊

I'm up to episode 5, going to stick with it though I don't really care about any of the characters. I think it's a bit of a trend now to have a "flawed" female lead. However I do love most of what she wears, my main takeaway from episode 4 was that I want her leopard print pjs.
I loved
I loved all her outfits lol I did some search and found this website. Someone finds out where the clothes are from . Not sure about pjs tho. https://www.shopyourtv.com/i-hate-suzie/

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
It took me a few episodes but I loved it. The ending had me in tears, I’ve been struggling with loneliness recently and the mechanisms I’ve turned to to cope haven’t necessarily been the healthiest so it resonated with me.
Snap! Took a bit to warm up but the last few episodes especially are great.

I appreciate how much creativity they put into the show in general. Not all of it worked that well, but better to try than be dull.

Its_Me

VIP Member
Done episode 3 and I’m just not warming to the character. Far too erratic, I know its supposed to contribute to the comedy value but it doesn’t feel authentic. I kind of what to know what happens though!

hrh89

VIP Member
Finally sorted out watching on Now Tv, and I have a sign language woman on, can't see a non signed version! Anyone else have this?
just had a look on my app and there are two versions signed and regular. So you must have clicked the signed episodes. If you go back and search again for the show it should come up with the non signed

• Heart
Reactions: 1

you will hate me

I loved it ! But I can see how some people wouldn’t like it. Hated the singing bit.
Think billie plays that type of role quite well because I think she has had moments like this in her life.
I did like the coke scene, I thought she played it quite well. The way she did the coke mouth 🙈
I felt like I’d been though the whole thing myself which I always think is a good feeling at the end of a show. Although I’ve never smelt my vibrators 😂😉

hrh89

VIP Member
Only getting the signed option, although it say's one isn't - it is when I play it. Am on a free trial, don't know if that's why. For the love of God 🤬 !

No it's all good now!!! Phew. Thank you!!! 😘
😂 that’s good. Technology can be so frustrating!!!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Snap! Took a bit to warm up but the last few episodes especially are great.

I appreciate how much creativity they put into the show in general. Not all of it worked that well, but better to try than be dull.
You've said just want I came back to say. The last two episodes were pulled it together and now I get why it had such good reviews. And Billie seemed decent in them.

Wasn't cohesive with trying lots of different things, but it worked more than it missed on the whole.