I Hate Suzie - Sky

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 8 part comedy-drama series staring Billie Piper about a celeb photo hack by the writer of call girl comes out at the end of the month.

Sky keep advertising it relentlessly, so I presume it will be good? They're releasing all episodes in one go.

Edit: now live and you can get a free 7 day trial on now TV to watch

Last edited:
I'm going to watch it. I don't really rate Billie as an actress despite enjoying her in Doctor Who, but it looks okay. :)

I think in the right thing Billie Piper works fine. Just watched episode one and will definitely watch the rest. It's a bit funny how she's a name and not a has-been popstar.

I wonder how semi autobiographical it is? The photo shoot at home seems exactly how you'd imagine things like that pan out and she disliked did the whole country living thing.

"These people aren't nice, they're just already rich" was a good line. The rant about the countryside was probably the best bit so far, although she didn't quite nail the delivery.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m on episode two and it’s not really doing much for me. I loved Billie in doctor who and I thought she was good in Penny Dreadful but sometimes she overacts and this show is one of those times. I found the q&a scene at the convention really awkward to watch. Not because of the situation but because of her real over the top expressions. She’s not very consistent with her acting.
The show itself feels like something I’ve seen before but I can’t think what.

Reactions: 2
I watched the first 2 last night, the first episode I was thinking ok this is going to be good but I lost interest by the end of the second. Totally agree with the above and her over the top expressions, it can be quite irritating. I thought she played the coke scene well though 😆

Reactions: 4
Ah boo, so maybe it doesn't get any better than episode 1.

That's a shame, tv shows about tv shows and the industry can be fascinating. Obviously wasn't going to be an entourage, but I thought her space role might be a bit like Dramas' viking quest :LOL: .

The telegraph gave it 5/5 (is that a grammatical error in their sub title?) and the standard 4/5. But they're both behind a paywall so maybe they only watched one episode. I'm presuming it picks up seeing as sky have promoted it so much.

I Hate Suzie, review: a glorious, fizzing monument to the creativity of Piper and Prebble

★★★★
Rude, crude and very, very funny, I Hate Suzie is remarkable portrait of one woman's descent

I Hate Suzie review: Billie Piper's back - and she's got bite

Piper gives a raw, soul-baring performance in her latest collaboration with friend Lucy Prebble
★★★★✩

Done episode 3 and I’m just not warming to the character. Far too erratic, I know its supposed to contribute to the comedy value but it doesn’t feel authentic. I kind of what to know what happens though!

Reactions: 2
It took me a few episodes but I loved it. The ending had me in tears, I’ve been struggling with loneliness recently and the mechanisms I’ve turned to to cope haven’t necessarily been the healthiest so it resonated with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We really enjoyed it, there was something quite real and relatable about it. It made me think.
I love my DH but we've been together for 12 years, we have 3 wonderful kids but I can't remember the last time he made me feel like I was special. Which I get is totally selfish, but sometimes I just need to feel like I'm the most important thing in the world to him.

Reactions: 6

Yel

I was expecting far worse after what people said about E02. But it's plodding along just fine, although it's nothing ground breaking else would have watched most of it in a night. I'm not vested in any of the characters.

The coke scene I'd have thought she would be better at playing, wasn't popbitch regularly saying she loved the gak? :LOL: She managed to play the messing up an interview pretty well - this is the stage school and media trained billie that said she wouldn't have bought her own music while promoting her own music. 🤦‍♀️

It's the industry stuff that makes it watchable, although not realistic to still be pretending that Disney wouldn't have dropped her instantly. Funny there's a billie thread in celebs and people there are praising her as an actress