I Care a Lot (Netflix / Amazon Prime)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen this?

It's a new release starring Rosamund Pike; it looks quite good!

"A shady legal guardian lands in hot water when she tries to bilk a woman who has ties to a powerful gangster."

It should be available on Netflix but it's not showing for me ... I can see it on Amazon Prime though. I'm hoping to catch it tomorrow night.

It's good! Quite fun to watch a film where everyone is a terrible person.

Spoiler:
I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out. It would have been much more chilling and more of a gut punch if they ended it with TV interview. With her top of her game and being celebrated. Killing her off at the end seemed tacked on to appease people who couldn't handle a dark ending.

Reactions: 3
I was actually just looking for something to watch night put it on now ☺

Reactions: 2
I looked on Netflix earlier for this but couldn't see it so will check Amazon prime

Has some funny scenes (like the lawyer scene), great cinematography and good acting. Plot starts off VERY strong and you basically look forward to this chick getting royally fucked up... until that never happens, and she takes over the world or some tit, after assassinating a few Russian mobsters and “outsmarting” the leader. Ok.

In between the incredibly forced social tropes, to the massive plot holes, this movie drives me crazy.

also the “empowered, strong woman” is one of the worst people on planet earth?? Like what? For the next Netflix film championing social issues through this lens, I am going to suggest Joseph Kony for the protagonist role

I thought it was brilliant.

I don’t think they were trying to make a movie championing social justice issues! It’s just a movie about terrible people who are happy to exploit others. Definitely there is commentary about the American Dream, greed, corporate America and late stage capitalism.

Reactions: 2
The screenplay lost its way about halfway through ... such a shame, as it had potential.

Reactions: 1