Hungermama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the status quo for the children will remain until a final decision is made. The father wants the children to remain in the UK where they are ordinarily resident and go to school etc. Bethy would need their father’s permission to relocate them - which he clearly and understandably won’t give. So the only way ti remove them is by permission of the court.

The judge will make a decision after considering the best interests of the children. It would most definitely not be in the best interests of the children to allow them to be removed temporarily to the US and then have to be returned to the UK once a final decision is made if the decision is they are carry on living here. There’s also a risk that Bethy wouldn’t return them and try and argue they were then ordinarily resident in the US.

Baldly put - their mother chose to go to the US and had chosen to remain there. She could come back to the UK etc to see them more or to live until matters are resolved but isn’t. She should have stayed in the UK until she obtained permission to remove them from the UK (which was probably fairly unlikely) but chose not to. Her not seeing the children is a problem of her own making. I don’t know what legal advice she got before she left but it either wasn’t very good or she’s not listened to it

Reactions: 5
Yes. It’s all quite mysterious that she has this crack team of lawyers on her side but has chosen to do something as odd as she’s done. No good lawyer would advise her to have moved to the US without her kids like this.

Reactions: 3
No, and that must be very hard. But unfortunately her decision still weakens her case in the residency dispute.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone been brave enough to sign up for the subscriber content or listen to her new podcast?

• Haha
So just so we are clear here: if this allegation is true (which I am not saying it is), Bethy has gone to live in America without the children and left them with an alleged abuser?

Reactions: 8
Regardless, it’s not great to smack talk your kids dad for the kids sake.
A tough one sometimes to stick to but every attempt should be made.

To be honest I wonder if posting such accusatory things is detrimental to her case.

Well of course it will be detrimental - that is a very serious allegation which has been made publicly

It also seriously calls into question her judgement as either:

A) she had left the children with an “abuser” and gone to live in America; or

B) The quote is untrue

I think she made out he was very controlling but as far as I remember that was all

That a matter for the courts to decide, after hearing all of the evidence. Including from the father. not something to be ventilated on social media.
Yeah I mean whether he was or wasn’t the post is inappropriate to my mind.
Does the court decide that in a child custody case like this?

Yes - because they need to make decisions about where the children are going to live etc; particularly in this case where the mother wants to remove them overseas. So two issues for the court:

1. Is the father a safe person to leave the children with if the decision is they should stay in the UK? Given that mother says he is an “abuser”. What is the evidence around that?

2. It is in the children’s best interest to be removed to another country and live with someone who makes a untrue (if that is the case) allegations on social media that their father is an “absurer”? One of the best ways to persuade a court to allow a child to be removed (which is pretty hard to do) is to lead good evidence that the parent they are going to live with will do all they can to promote and encourage their relationship with the parent they are being removed from. Saying the father is an “abuser” on public social media is not indicative of that.

Reactions: 5
Gosh she’s crackers isn’t she? Saw a post today about her parents moving in with her and her kids, and how grateful she is - implying that kids have moved with her. I see her kids regularly and her daughter almost daily! Definitely not in the USA. It’s truly unhinged. I don’t know her ex but I understand she’s quite the fantasist.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Gosh she’s crackers isn’t she? Saw a post today about her parents moving in with her and her kids, and how grateful she is - implying that kids have moved with her. I see her kids regularly and her daughter almost daily! Definitely not in the USA. It’s truly unhinged. I don’t know her ex but I understand she’s quite the fantasist.
She certainly is! Maybe her parents are moving in to take care of her!

• Haha
I thought exactly the same thing! I guess she thinks if she says/ thinks it enough, it will happen.

To be fair to her though, she must be pretty messed up mentally at the moment (mainly due to her own impulsive decisions).

Reactions: 1
According to the content she shares on her subscriber channel, her lawyers were very surprised when she upped sticks and moved to US. Apparently, however, they’ve subsequently been very impressed at the speed at which she has got her life set up over there in terms of a permanent home, regular work etc and actually believe this will strengthen her case to get them to live there permanently.

The case will be heard in March and she is doing everything possible ahead of the court hearing to demonstrate they will be better off with her.

Reactions: 3