How to be happy single?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really happy that I single because the majority of men that I have met to date are horribly unsuitable.

i don’t see myself settling with any of them, they have little to offer me for this reason I’m happy - I simply don’t want them.

I know that a lot of my friends have settled to fit in and I find that sad. I surround myself with single people because they are easier to tolerate and we have more in common.

until I meet someone that is good enough I won’t be settling and it feels really good.

Reactions: 7
Yesss I agree, I’m so happy you have this view too

Reactions: 2
I could have written this myself, word for word!

That’s why it’s hard - my friends generally have great partners, many of whom have become my friends too. I wouldn’t want to marry them but they're good, kind and successful men and not cheaters. My friends don’t exclude me but I do feel excluded from such a huge part of life and society.

Also, since writing my post, one of my best friends has announced her second pregnancy, and she’s three years younger than me I don’t begrudge her a second of it but it’s just constant reinforcement of what I don’t have and can’t have at the moment.

Like you, I’m generally very happy with myself, my own company, and my own life - and I too feel like it will happen one day - but there are days when it all feels a bit too much!

Reactions: 7
This is a really rude comment in my opinion.

I don’t miss being ghosted and gaslighted.

there really are some awful people out there.

Reactions: 6
Poor @Glamourelle being mistaken for a man with the Come Dine With Me photo (at least I think that’s who it is?)

PS @Renata not having a go at you btw!
Trust me I am all woman I just love
Poor @Glamourelle being mistaken for a man with the Come Dine With Me photo (at least I think that’s who it is?)

PS @Renata not having a go at you btw!
Yep I’m definitely all woman, I just love Peter from Come Dine With Me

This is a really rude comment in my opinion.
Its okay we made up after

Reactions: 2

Changed my life & I hope it helps you too xx
Thanks for posting. Early warning signs of LVM was exactly my ex. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach I wasted so many years with him just because I felt so indifferent to life in general. He’s trying to get with a colleague in work now, using the same “opening up” (aka I’m a mad b*tch who treated him so badly ) sob story and she’s falling for it hook, line and sinker. The pair of them deserve each other.