How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s very lucky to be getting that. I work for an investment firm (junior so not on a big salary) and most bonuses have been stopped (unless their funds have overperformed) and no pay rises this year. As you can imagine this hasn’t gone down well, especially seeing as all the CEO’s treated themselves to 6 figure bonuses. Glad you’re getting some benefit with the new kitchen!
Ouch, his team still got payrises and bonuses which are all up from last year! He’s in EFX and they over performed however their spot and forwards weren’t happy at all with their numbers! I’d still be happy with their base salaries but they’ve been spoilt over the years 😂

Reactions: 3
Ouch, his team still got payrises and bonuses which are all up from last year! He’s in EFX and they over performed however their spot and forwards weren’t happy at all with their numbers! I’d still be happy with their base salaries but they’ve been spoilt over the years 😂
Yup, that’s completely true! They’ve had it good so long.

Just trying to protect my identity....this is my salary but may not be my actual job within the NHS

Reactions: 1
I’m very lucky to work for an American tech company in sales and earn about £80k but I don’t work in the UK so the tax and rent is insane 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How!? I swear admins are band 3/4 like £18k 🙈 that is baffling
I'm in a band 5 admin position and it's 25k - 32k so in a few years once I reach the top of the pay band I should be on over 32k as long as the gov give the nhs their inflation increases.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
About 32k NHS admin
Wow!!!! Do you mind telling us what band/role?
I’m band 3 nhs admin and get nowhere near that

Ahhh I see. I’ve never really seen band 5 nhs admin roles. That’s one of the downsides to being admin in NHS, there’s not much room for progression once you reach the top of your band

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Ahhh I see. I’ve never really seen band 5 nhs admin roles. That’s one of the downsides to being admin in NHS, there’s not much room for progression once you reach the top of your band
I know. Pain in the bum but I love the job and I get to work with so many amazing people!

I’m a band 4 (admin) and on about 22K - my colleague is a band 5 (also admin) and 30K+ ? only difference in our job roles is she line manages 2 people. Other than that our job descriptions are identical. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Very interesting thread.

UK salaries generally seem pretty low compared to say, the US.

How did we get here? How are people expected to live and raise families on some of these salaries?

I'm shocked at some of the salaries of nurses, for example.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.