Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Onetwothreemore

Work in social care for a charity, management role, 18.5 hours a week around school hours £1900 every 4 weeks and can work from home if wanted

Probably similar to nhs band 7 responsibilities plus oncall (just answering the phone for any crisis) for a week every 8 weeks.

I believe it to be well paid for the sector and I wouldn’t be able to get a band 7 role in nhs as only educated to degree level.

Last edited:

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
Look into IT project management within the sector.
It’s good money and usually very flexible working.
See I love IT, and have a friend who works as a technician for start ups and he's smashing it - also works from home full time lucky bugger lol, but I'm worried I'll have to start on an extremely low wage again :(
---
Would some form of management be an option? My brother in law is within the construction world and aside from trips to their sites is predominantly based from home.

If you don't hate your industry then I'd stay in it as the earning potential for you is huge. You'd struggle to not take a step back in wages.
I'll definitely consider it - I don't really see myself as the management type but I will have a look !! Thank you x

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
yeah this is standard in the UK my friend is acca and industry and she does earn more than me and tends to have better benefits - but i like my varied work which my friend says it can be a little samey in industry

yeah it was okay :) i just did an exam each 1/4
I am ACCA. Was made redundant (perm was £ 84k) and contracting now. Last role was £400 a day for 8 months. Now have an interview for £500 a day through my limited company.

Homebird44

VIP Member
Sorry if you feel picked apart, I only said I disagree as I know plenty of people earning in excess of that. Granted, most own their own companies.
Apart from footballers, the only role I could think of earning that would be a banker. Those guys earn huge amounts.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
£25k in admin (which I had to beg to increase from £21k after two years on the job). Now my role has morphed into an office manager role and I have someone working under me...yet no pay rise 😫 office based with no option of remote.

popb1tch

It just doesn’t appeal to me, I don’t think I have the skills or drive to be a good manager anyway. My current manager is terrible and it makes mine and my colleagues jobs so much more difficult. It would actually be better if she wasn’t there at all and I would hate to be that type of manager for someone else. Without sounding too harsh, I also don’t care enough about other peoples problems or departmental problems enough to want to be the person that has to find a solution. I’ve done a little bit of supervision in my current post and that was enough for me to want to bang my head against a wall!

Every job I’ve had has been customer/patient facing and I’m honestly exhausted from it now. I want something a little bit more behind the scenes but still have some interaction with people. I’d also like something that will give me the option of hybrid working, not fully remote but maybe 1 or 2 days at home and the rest in an office.
What about a university?